SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
sphiatt
sphiatt is on a distinguished road

1994 SL2
2007 SKY Red Line
Default Newbie Question about

OK, I am getting a REDLINE early next week so I'm starting to look at a few mods to get a little more out of it for minimal investment. I have no CLUE how to do this as all my mod experience comes from playing Grand Turismo 3 on a PS2. Seriously. What is the best upgrade to get first on a Redline? Also how do I get it installed? Any ideas? Should I order the part myself or go to a mechanic who knows what he is doing and have him order/install it?

I THINK the item below may be my best initial purchase but don't really understand the Tune 1,2 and 3. Am I just getting a bunch of chips that go in the Redline or what? I just want performance as I'm not an automotive guy.

Any advice would be great.

http://www.saturnmotorsports.com/sto...ion=5&P_ID=699

1994 Saturn SL2 -208 k miles

2004 Honda Odyssey -74 k miles - Leather interior w/ DVD etc...

2007 Sky Redline -0,000 Miles. Shipped to Dealer 01/09/07 Expected Delvery 1/29/07!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sphiatt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sphiatt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sphiatt is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2007, 08:22 AM   #2
e-sarge
e-sarge is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 SKY Red Line
Default Re: Newbie Question about

I don't know much about tuning either, but the link you provided is for an ECM chip for the base Sky engine. Your RedLine has a different engine! I'm pretty sure that's a bad idea.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to e-sarge's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help e-sarge reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
e-sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:39 PM   #3
Seal9
Seal9 is on a distinguished road

1991 SC

The Red Line and N/A sky require a retune...there is only one for the Red Line right now...and it is $1000. from a overseas supplier but a few U.S. companys are working on it....for the N/A there are meny on the market...stay away from a CAI the dyno shows most do not help on th R/L best CAT would be the best till the retunes are ready.....Seal9

Chili Pepper Red
All But Spoiler
Imaged 3/15/06
30 3/17/06
136 3/22/06 (chrome Wheels)
3000 4/10/06 TPW 5/1/06
3400 4/24/06
3800 5/4/06 VINed
4000 5/8/06

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Seal9's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Seal9 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Seal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
JackKeville
JackKeville is on a distinguished road

2008 SKY Red Line

I have a red 2008 Sky Red Line and the first thing I did was get a Cold Air Intake, in this case a GM one as I didn't want to void the warranty. Since that no longer matters you can get it cheaper. It resulted in about a 10% increase in hp. I next put on a MagnaFlo sport cat-back muffler system. That increased the hp by about 3%. Then I had it tuned on a dyno. By the end of this the hp had gone from 256 to 300, the tourque to 294 ft lbs, and amazingly, the turbo boost went from 18 to 24 1/2 lbs. Then I had Lambo doors installed and black racing stripes put on, then had discrete yellow flames painted on the sides. I also had Red LED lights installed on the headlights and on the "chrome side strip". I don't go anywhere without getting a lot of comments.I'd put in a photo, but don't know how! Sorry. Good luck with your car. By the way, my Sky will now do 0 to 60 in 5 sec. That's better than a Porche Boxter!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JackKeville's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JackKeville reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JackKeville is offline   Reply With Quote