SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2010, 06:58 AM   #1
MMarlin
MMarlin is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default GM has been contacted

I have been dealing with the dealership in Knoxville, the one who installed an engine into a vehicle and used our VIN#. (they are total idiots)

Two phone calls on Friday and they were to call me back after the second call. By 4pm yesterday still had not received that call back.

SOOOO I decided what the hell I gave them a call and I was told by Matt that there was not anything they could do to change the record.

Let me think....okay here are my thoughts about this:
- in order to change or rather correct their mistake they would have to contact GM (thinking they do not want to do that)
- they would then have to find out what vehicle they actually installed the engine into
- to find out who's car has the new engine they have to pull out the original work order from 2009 and see if they can decipher the signature
- they would have to explain to GM that okay yes they charged GM back on a warranty for an engine but but but the engine actually went into this vehicle and not the 07 Outlook
- if they installed an engine into a vehicle and they find the vehicle was not under warranty and the customer should have PAID for it do you think the dealership would be happy that they now have to PAY GM back for an engine
- or perhaps and I am being rather.....the dealership could have charged the customer AND collected from GM the hours involved....double dipping...heck government workers do it so why not dealerships

Sorry folks but right now I am laughing my ass off because well.....

YEP I am in contact with a GM representative. I did some digging in my papers and well shucks I did speak with a GM represntative last fall and YIPPEE she is still working there.

After I sent to her all the information I have pertaining to our Outlook she said she will get back with me within two business days.

She apologized for the problems we are having, especially with the Knoxville dealership, and she will get this straightened out.

YIPPEE.....okay a bit premature yet if she does pull this off my confidence in GM will rise ever so slightly...perhaps not enough to buy another GM yet enough to....tone down my *****ing....okay reality just kicked in...nope sorry can't help myself it is that *****iness in me that always shows.

Have a great day folks because mine.....is always an adventure.

2003 Red VUE - LOVE IT!
2007 Silver Outlook - SIGHHH! Traded 2/11 for a 2011 Enclave
2005 Gray Nissan 350Z - FUN FUN FUN warm weather only with the top down

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MMarlin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MMarlin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #2
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

Default Re: GM has been contacted

I can see how you would want to clear your Outlook's service record by pursuing this. Moreover, you may have uncovered an attempt to defraud GM by this dealer in Knoxville. I think you're doing the right thing by going through GM to get this cleared up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
MMarlin

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L

Thanks and hey I can't wait for the outcome!

Although now as for my confidence in GM it just spiraled down the toilet about one hour ago.

Yep I received a call, not from GM, but from "Reichard Buick" the dealer who has my Outlook AGAIN for possible timing chain issues...2nd time.

The result is.....not good. One new piston and a crank shaft actuator(sp not sure) needs replaced. Steve explained to me what the actuator does and I understand but not enough to try and put it into writing.

Although as Steve did say not quite a new engine but almost.

ALMOST WHAT THE HELL!

Guess when the GM representative does call me back perhaps I will tell her well....if she gets the 2009 engine replacement removed...there may be a new engine installed in 2010.

SO READY to get rid of the Outlook

2003 Red VUE - LOVE IT!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help MMarlin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

sad that such a great car ended up being such a bad car. the outlooks are laughed at here in the shop as having so many problems. as i said before thats why i got rid of my 2008.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
MMarlin

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L

"YEP I am in contact with a GM representative. I did some digging in my papers and well shucks I did speak with a GM represntative last fall and YIPPEE she is still working there.

After I sent to her all the information I have pertaining to our Outlook she said she will get back with me within two business days."

After rereading this I realized that I should have said I was in contact with a GM rep by email. The phone call last fall was concerning the run around and it was with a Saturn Representative.

I was so thrilled to finally be in email contact with a GM representative concerning the issues with Knoxville I confused myself.

I have so much detail that I am keeping track of since March it is getting rather overwhelming at times.

I so wish that our Outlook was fixed and yet nope looking like not soon and then....my confidence is gone.

2003 Red VUE - LOVE IT!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #6
MMarlin

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L

For some reason my post above duplicated....sorry so I just removed it.

2003 Red VUE - LOVE IT!

Last edited by MMarlin; 08-10-2010 at 04:59 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #7
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member
SaturnIONSLVUE is on a distinguished road

I have a problem like that; The Saturn dealer used my VIN to for a fuel tank replacement in my ION. I do not know if my fuel tank was replaced or they replace someone else’s or just cashed in on it. I found this out after two years when I was having problems getting my bushing fixed under warranty and have been on the phone with the GM rep. I have the GM history report sheet which it was listed on.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnIONSLVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIONSLVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnIONSLVUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:19 AM   #8
MMarlin

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnIONSLVUE View Post
I have a problem like that; The Saturn dealer used my VIN to for a fuel tank replacement in my ION. I do not know if my fuel tank was replaced or they replace someone else’s or just cashed in on it. I found this out after two years when I was having problems getting my bushing fixed under warranty and have been on the phone with the GM rep. I have the GM history report sheet which it was listed on.
The current dealer who is tearing the engine apart FOR THE SECOND TIME IN 30 DAYS saw the information. The service tech was kind enough to print off, in detail, the whole history report of the Outlook.

It shows every thing done to the Outlook and which dealer did what and when.

The GM rep said she would get back with me in 7 working days AND she also called the dealer in who charged the new engine against our Ourlook.

This is going to be ver interesting BECAUSE....hell if there had been a new engine installed perhaps we would not have the problems we are now.

2003 Red VUE - LOVE IT!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-13-2010, 08:13 PM   #9
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member

I am meeting with the area rep next Friday 20th. I also have the report from a different dealer who would not work on my car since the report is 4 pages long.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIONSLVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #10
MMarlin

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnIONSLVUE View Post
I am meeting with the area rep next Friday 20th. I also have the report from a different dealer who would not work on my car since the report is 4 pages long.
Good luck!

2003 Red VUE - LOVE IT!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #11
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member

GM is going to fix everything of mine at a different dealer in two weeks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #12
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE

So you all have Saturn dealerships still to work with not saay a Chevy which is what I started taking my 2008 XEFWD first with a simple oil service !

In a couple weeks I'm going to table a couple warranty (should) items.

Good luck with these horror stories and hope there is a 'happy' ending in the near future.

doug c

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #13
page2171
page2171 will become famous soon enough

MMarlin, any update on the situation with your Outlook?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to page2171's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help page2171 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
page2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:38 AM   #14
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member

No a Buick, Cadillac, GMC dealer. They are not a Saturn Service dealer but they are working with the GM rep to get this fixed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-25-2010, 11:56 AM   #15
MMarlin

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by page2171 View Post
MMarlin, any update on the situation with your Outlook?

Thanks for asking. Here is the latest information I have received in an email from the GM representative

She placed the last call to them on August 16th and this quote is directly from the email received. "I just got off the telephone with the service advisor from Saturn of Knoxville, Steve. He informed me that he was unable to remove the wrong information from the system. However, he is able to put in the system that the job number of the engine replacement is wrong. So he is in the process of adding notes to your history that will inform others that the engine replacement is the wrong information that was entered due to an error of a transposed VIN. He should be stating that your vehicle has the original motor in it."

I have not had a repair activity report reprinted concerning my Outlook but I plan on doing so within the next couple weeks. There are a couple interior items I would like fixed before my B2B runs out Dec 1st.

2003 Red VUE - LOVE IT!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!