SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2009, 02:49 AM   #1
RochSaturn
RochSaturn is on a distinguished road

Default Rattle in Cold Weather??

I have a 07 Outlook that has developed an annoying rattle that appears to come from the back drivers side door panel area. The rattle seems to show up when the temperatures dip below 30 degrees outside. (and in MN the winter is long and cold). It occurs when I drive on regular city roads. Does not occur on smooth highway roads. At first it sounded like the bucle on the safety belt was hitting the panels as I drove but that is not it. Possible due to cold that a metal piece is contracting and then rattling??? Any one else experience this? Any ideas what it could be? I took into the dealer, and complained about it but was told the tech could not reproduce the sound and nothing was done.

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RochSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RochSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RochSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
Harald
Harald is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
Default Re: Rattle in Cold Weather??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RochSaturn View Post
I have a 07 Outlook that has developed an annoying rattle that appears to come from the back drivers side door panel area. The rattle seems to show up when the temperatures dip below 30 degrees outside. (and in MN the winter is long and cold). It occurs when I drive on regular city roads. Does not occur on smooth highway roads. At first it sounded like the bucle on the safety belt was hitting the panels as I drove but that is not it. Possible due to cold that a metal piece is contracting and then rattling??? Any one else experience this? Any ideas what it could be? I took into the dealer, and complained about it but was told the tech could not reproduce the sound and nothing was done.

Thanks
I had a rattle that sounded like it was coming from inside the car, and was worse on regular city roads. It turned out to be a loose/worn suspension component, and was replaced under warranty...

Another possibility is that your jack is loose (it's on the driver's side, behind a panel at the rear).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Harald's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Harald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Harald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE

Driving across the prairies for xmas (-24c) noticed a rattle from the front passenger window, notched it down it went away, but next the switch on drivers arm rest started to be dysfunctional by the time i reached destination (and even now) this switch will not work to lower that window but the switchon that side will (thankfully still work ... woul dhave been darn cold travelling at hwy speed @ -24c !! )

less than 3000km on this 2008 XE unit !

WILL BE booking a repair appt. in the next 48hrs.

Also mention of suspension noise/rattle by Roch' . . going into a corner (usually snow covered'un) I hear a bad rattle just before or as stabilitrak function kicks in (symbol lites up)

Dang i hate these functions that make noises (like ABS when do ya know your brakes are screwed or need servicing by montoring noise or preferred lack thereof, as in old systems.... )

doug c

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
cloudy9
cloudy9 is on a distinguished road

those annoying sounds makes me frustrate every time after buying a good vehicle...I always go to dealer and ask for assistance why is that happen.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cloudy9's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cloudy9 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cloudy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE
Roll Eyes Re: Rattle in Cold Weather??

I obviously forgot to post a update . . . the driver side switch was replaced front passenger window goes up/down on command BUT I still have a annoying rattle a item I'll be tabling in the next couple weeks I figure either another broken clip in this door panel or the mechanism was damaged (loosened) when using the malfunctioning switch to perform or the window.... weatrherstripping inserts are compressed due to the previous problems.

Plus a couple days before i headed east on a road trip the interior lite button switch is now unpreforming and I don't like m y interior lights to come unless on demand using the overhead console buttons.

later,
doug c

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote