SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
leogag1
leogag1 is on a distinguished road

2009 VUE 3.6L
Thumbs Up My best fuel economy so far

Last week, I went on a 450 km trip and my 2009 VUE XR-6 averaged 7.7 L/100 km. (Converted, it gives 36.7 MPG imperial, or 30.6 MPG US Gal.) I was driving at 101 km/h (60 MPH) on the cruise control. We were 2 adults and a child, fully loaded with luggages.

For a 3.6L V6, I think it is very, very acceptable!

I like this machine!

(On my way back, I hauled my RV trailer... so it just averaged 23 L/100 km!!! But this is normal, with a full-front wind at 30~50 km/h. Even F-150s hauling trailers were "dancing and swinging" on the road!)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to leogag1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help leogag1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
leogag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2010, 07:21 AM   #2
hand-filer
hand-filer is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE Red Line
Default Re: My best fuel economy so far

That is impressive Leo. The weather conditions had to have been quite favorable to achieve those numbers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hand-filer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hand-filer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hand-filer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
leogag1
leogag1 is on a distinguished road

2009 VUE 3.6L

Sunshine, 28 °C, no wind, 45% relative humidity... the ideal day!

I even took photos of the DYC while driving, to keep a proof that it already happened... I'm not sure I'll be able to do it again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to leogag1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help leogag1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
leogag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #4
OGC5
OGC5 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

Quote:
Originally Posted by leogag1 View Post
Sunshine, 28 °C, no wind, 45% relative humidity... the ideal day!

I even took photos of the DYC while driving, to keep a proof that it already happened... I'm not sure I'll be able to do it again.
If you can do it again let us know as it will be a miracle. The wife's XR 3.6 will get a best of 23mpg at 70mph on our interstates and about 19mpg in combined driving. Vehicle weighs over 4000lbs and has the aerodynamics of a brick compared to my C5 Corvette which also weighs way less.It gets 27mpg at 70mph avg. which makes it the economy champ in our household. (PS-with her driving not me!)
OGC5

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OGC5's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OGC5 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OGC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #5
ChiliPepper
ChiliPepper is on a distinguished road

2009 VUE 3.6L

just got back from a trip to New Mexico, right at 1,300 miles round trip. Our '09 XR performed great and was never uncomfortable. Fuel economy varied by a fairly wide margin however....

Filled up here with 87 octane. Gas stations here advertise their gas as "100% gas - no ethanol". 348 miles and 16 gallons later at the next fill up gave me an average of 21.75 mpg. Most highway speeds were 70 mph, usually running the air on recirculate which evidently runs the a/c on a fairly minimal setting to provide cool and de-humidified air which kept us very comfortable. After reaching our destination, I didn't concern myself with mileage very much but I'd say we got somewhere in the 20 to 22 mpg range.

On the return trip I filled up with 86 octane fuel. Fuels there are marked at the pump "may contain up to 10% ethanol". The route we chose to return had a lot of up-hill roads which over a period of several miles would change the elevation greatly. At the next fill up after a stretch of 200 miles and 7 gallons, we averaged 28.5 mpg. Don't know why the huge increase in economy, but I'll take it.

I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with the possibility of ethanol being used. A year or so ago when gas reached record prices, gas stations here had that crap and our vehicles suffered a big loss in fuel economy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChiliPepper's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChiliPepper reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #6
saturnd00d
saturnd00d will become famous soon enough

2008 VUE 2.4L

Around here in southern Ontario, Canada, most stations have 10% ethanol in 87 octanes, 5% in 89 octanes and no ethanol in 91 or higher octanes, but of course we here in the Great White North pay a lot of tax compared to you guys in the U.S., so we spend a lot more money to fuel up than you guys do.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnd00d's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnd00d reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnd00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #7
Silverl300
Silverl300 is on a distinguished road

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

this is proff of why saturn should still be making cars. bottom line

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Silverl300's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Silverl300 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Silverl300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #8
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

Those are good numbers. Anytime you can get 30 mpg out of a 6 cylinder, that's a good thing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #9
dnale
dnale is on a distinguished road

I wish we could get that kind of mileage. I know when I drive it, I get in the low 20's. My wife is a little more subdue-ed and gets about 24. Our speed limit is also 70 and we may push that a little higher.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dnale's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dnale reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dnale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #10
tjhess74
tjhess74 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1

we usually get upper teens in combined city driving. however, over the thanksgiving holidays, we drove from charleston, sc to elijay, ga and got 21 mpg going up, and 23mpg on the way down! it was right around 416 miles on that tank. in my opinion, thats pretty good, considering the cruise was set on 75 mph and the vue was LOADED with luggage, gifts, and baby stuff. there were alot of slowdowns and traffic clogs due to the holiday travel rush.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tjhess74's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tjhess74 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tjhess74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #11
XRVUE2009
XRVUE2009 is on a distinguished road

I've had my Saturn 2009 Vue XR since April 2012. The best mileage I've gotten is 26.9 mpg. This is on the Interstate and holding the speed between 65 and 70 with the cruise control and AC on. I've noticed that heat and humidity will affect the mileage. I will lose 1.5 mpg when driving in temps over 90 degrees and even moderate humidity.

There is a sweet spot at 68 mph where the mpg does the best. I have a feeling that the engineers have geared the vehicle for possible towing and hauling.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRVUE2009's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRVUE2009 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRVUE2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #12
Sweepspear
Sweepspear is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRVUE2009 View Post
I've had my Saturn 2009 Vue XR since April 2012. The best mileage I've gotten is 26.9 mpg. This is on the Interstate and holding the speed between 65 and 70 with the cruise control and AC on.
This is typical of what our '08 Vue XR gets for mileage on a road trip.

Dale

"Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls". – Stirling Moss

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sweepspear's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sweepspear reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sweepspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #13
SaturnVue86
SaturnVue86 is on a distinguished road

nice i just did 420miles (highway) on full gas of tank 08 xe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnVue86's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnVue86 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnVue86 is offline   Reply With Quote