SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #41
Mgg4591
Mgg4591 is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2
Default Re: I don't know what could possibly go wrong next

I went to autozone and bought a 30 dollar thread repair kit with the inserts. I ended up just removing the whole mount and bracket on my car without removing the stripped mount bolt. The annoying part was reinstalling it as i had to keep maneuvering the engine so all 7 bolts for the bracket would line up together. If i ever need to change the mount, ill then invest in the 25 dollar bolt grab sockets, but the mount is fairly new and passes the pen test.

I got the hole threaded and put in the insert. The only thing is the stud wont go all the way down in the hole. I turned it as much as i could but its extremely tight and locked in. Even though the stud is higher than the other two still, it's in there tight and the car doesn't shake anymore.

2002 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4, 94,500 miles
2007 Toyota Camry 2.4, 29,600 miles
1999 Saturn SL2 1.9, 93,700 miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mgg4591's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mgg4591 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mgg4591 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #42
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2
Default Re: I don't know what could possibly go wrong next

As long as its in as far as you can get it that will be good. The helicoil will tend to screw deeper in the hole till the taper causes it to lock the stud.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote