SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
spynet
spynet is on a distinguished road

Default Need help with Ignition switch replacement

Ok, I have that problem that when it was too cold my car would not start, after doing some research, I found out it was the ignition switch problem. I ordered the replacement part, received it, and I am now in the middle of installing it. I have taken out the old ignition switch (which was not easy). When I put in the new one, all the battery warning light, the service engine soon light, and the oil pressure light come on, but the passlock light does not. When I try to turn the key to do the passlock relearn procedure, nothing happens. The passlock light does not come on, the engine does nothing whatsoever when i turn the key. The turning of the key does not seem to do anything whatsoever. I tried putting the old ignition switch back in, but it does not work now. What am I doing wrong"

by the way, i have plugged in the cord to the new ignition switch, but I have not actually put it in place and screwed it in, idk if that would make a difference, but i don't think it would

help me please, i am getting kinda worried now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spynet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spynet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spynet is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Need help with Ignition switch replacement

Welcome to the Board.

So you just have the ignition switch just haning there on the wiring harness???????????

If so then it is not surprising that nothing is happening when you turn the key. The key is mated into the switch when the switch is in properly in position/installed. If the switch is not in place then the key will not do anything to the switch.
Install the switch and try the relearn.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
2006 ion2
Master Member
2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about

2007 ION-2 Sedan

the switch is not installed. install the switch. how is a switch supposed to move unless it's attached to the part that actuates it?

2007 Saturn Ion 2
2003 Chevrolet venture lt

trifecta dealer for the U.P. and WI. There is no two door ion. Proudly driving one of the last saturns produced before gm killed the brand.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2006 ion2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2006 ion2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2006 ion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
calirider
calirider is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-1 Sedan

Also, you might have to turn the key to get it to slip back on to the part it comes off, I did. If you had problems with the torx then just use a torx bit and vice grip, also what I did.

2004 Ion1 2.2 DOHC, Aisin 5 Speed Auto with 146,500 Miles

2004 Chevy D-Max/Ally with 114,000 Miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to calirider's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help calirider reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
calirider is offline   Reply With Quote