SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
logbite
logbite is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
Default XE vs XR

I have an XR Outlook(2007), and today I took it in for service(the regular - water leaks and wiper recall). They gave me a 2008 XE as a loaner(they are good about doing as much as they can for customers). I thought, "Wow, a 2008 - I can hardly wait to drive it!". Well, as an old commercial used to say - "There's a definite difference in Delsie". I had wondered about the sales pitch the rep. gave us when we were trying to decide which model to buy - "You'll feel the better ride and 'sense' the difference". (yeah, right!) Well, I was blown away - the XE is rougher, noisier, a lot less comfortable, and you feel the bumps more. Now I know we made the right decision to get the XR - money well spent!

Outlook XR FWD, charcoal, black leather,
premium seating,
premium plus seating
Dual sunroof,towing package,
cold weather package

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to logbite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help logbite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
logbite is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Re: XE vs XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by logbite View Post
I have an XR Outlook(2007), and today I took it in for service(the regular - water leaks and wiper recall). They gave me a 2008 XE as a loaner(they are good about doing as much as they can for customers). I thought, "Wow, a 2008 - I can hardly wait to drive it!". Well, as an old commercial used to say - "There's a definite difference in Delsie". I had wondered about the sales pitch the rep. gave us when we were trying to decide which model to buy - "You'll feel the better ride and 'sense' the difference". (yeah, right!) Well, I was blown away - the XE is rougher, noisier, a lot less comfortable, and you feel the bumps more. Now I know we made the right decision to get the XR - money well spent!
It even gets better, drive a Buick Enclave...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
tamccain
tamccain is on a distinguished road

well I guess I am glad I never test drove an XR then. I just bought a 2008 XE, upgrading from a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The ride difference between the Jeep and the Outlook was like night and day. I guess I am glad I didn't test drive an XR, because then I might not love my XE as much as I do.

I guess the suspension is different in the XR from the XE????

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tamccain's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tamccain reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tamccain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #4
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Coming from a Liberty, an Outlook is heaven on wheels! IMO Liberty's should only be bought by people that seriously want to go off road. I really dislike them.

I personally was pleased by both the XE and XR Outlooks. The tires and wheels on the XR were larger and handled better.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:46 AM   #5
tamccain
tamccain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
Coming from a Liberty, an Outlook is heaven on wheels! IMO Liberty's should only be bought by people that seriously want to go off road. I really dislike them.

I personally was pleased by both the XE and XR Outlooks. The tires and wheels on the XR were larger and handled better.
you can mark my words... I will NEVER buy another Chrysler product in my life. Not only was the Liberty rough riding, but it was JUNK!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tamccain's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tamccain reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tamccain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #6
tradewind
tradewind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by logbite View Post
I am surprised that you felt that much difference. Without the touring package, there isn't any difference between the suspension calibration of XR and XE. I drove an XR for a full week and I have an XE. Didn't feel any difference in ride quality and noise...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tradewind's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tradewind reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tradewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #7
leobg
leobg is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR

May be the difference OP feels is due to the 19" wheels most XR's get - different rim size, especially different tire model could be causing it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to leobg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help leobg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
leobg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:30 AM   #8
rcdice
rcdice will become famous soon enough

2009 Outlook XR

I just visited the Saturn dealer this a.m. They had several 09's on the lot, both XR and XE. Both had exactly the same wheels/tires, 18". The touring package now upgrades to 20" but I thought the standard wheels would be different for XR vs. XE.

It was reported earlier in the year that the XR would come standard with the 19" wheels that were part of the touring package in 08. Guess not.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rcdice's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rcdice reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rcdice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:15 PM   #9
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

As said, there is NO difference between an XE or XR with the same 18" wheels and tires, as both are identical in insulation, suspension, etc.

Of course, like any car, some will feel different--even quite a bit so--depending on various things like tire pressure. Or, as possible with the XR, if you have the 19" wheels, there's a considerable difference in the ride/handling feel as compared to standard.

But honestly, zero of zero difference, aside from imagination and maybe tire pressure. Another might also be upholstery, as heavier materials like the leather vs. the cloth also absorb another hair of noise, so maybe that too. But nothing else.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #10
Satturk
Satturk is on a distinguished road

Hi..

This is somewhat related. I am a new member as I am looking at purchasing a Saturn Outlook. I have identified 2 to go see and test drive. One is an XE AWD the other is an XR .. as far as I can tell they are pretty close to being equipped with the same options.. I believe even the tire size is the same.. they are both 2007 models.

This is what the salemen for the XE sent me:
" The saturn outlook is a metallic gold exterior ,8 passenger XE AWD, with DVD player and features such as electronic dual zone climate control. Both the first and second row seats do have interior roof pull handles and side running boards can be attached if you so desire (** I asked about this as I have a teen with physical disability **) .The vehicle comes equipped with power windows,locks, mirrors,cruise ,abs and traction control."

So the asking price for the 2007 XE is $27,895 (71,000 kms) ..
go to: toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-SUVs-trucks-vans-SUV-crossover-2007-Saturn-Outlook-XR-57-993-Kms-Certified-E-Tested-W0QQAdIdZ172886543

the 2007 XR (58,000 kms) is asking $28,988 : Lists many many features and options:
Go to toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-SUVs-trucks-vans-SUV-crossover-2007-Saturn-Outlook-XR-57-993-Kms-Certified-E-Tested-W0QQAdIdZ172886543

Kinda not sure what would be the better vehicle .. of course I have to test drive .. but can anyone share their opinion on this to a prospective Saturn buyer !!

THANKS!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Satturk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Satturk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Satturk is offline   Reply With Quote