SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #21
yogi
yogi is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR
Default Re: How many of you put Bug Shields on the front of your Outlook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicchiz View Post
I too put a Weather Tech bug shied on mine. I have a white one and it looks really good with the rest of the black on the car. I also put the Weather Tech window shields. Weather Tech brand Goes in the channel and not double sticked to the outside of the vechicle.
JC

How did the bug shield install have just ordered one for mine so hope it goes on easy.Does that 2way tape hold it on enough worried about it coming off after awhile

2008 Outlook XR FWD Red Jewel
Ontario, Canada

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to yogi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help yogi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #22
jf7fsu
jf7fsu is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

Mine looks real sharp. It definitely keeps the bugs and rocks away. I live in S Florida and do a lot of driving on I-95. All my previous vehicles have been nicked and chipped all over the hood. The bug shield has been a lifesaver. no chips at all!

Over 50, phooey. I'm 40 and drive sports cars as well as the Saturn. It looks great and is functional. The people who dont like it probably dont like molded mudguards either.

Outlook XR Cocoa/Black, Touring Pkg, Leather, Convenience Pkg, Premium Pkg, Molded Mudguards, Sidesteps, Remote Start, Hood Deflector, GMPP

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jf7fsu's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jf7fsu reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jf7fsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:24 AM   #23
MMarlin
MMarlin is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClapDaddy View Post
Something that I have found that protects the hood, front fascia and mirrors is called the "Clear Bra". The paint does not fade with it and it is easy to clean any bug stuff off the vehicle with normal cleaning. I also had my front license plate and door edges treated.

You can see it on my car; well you can NOT see it on my car on this site.

I purchased it from http://www.aapcolumbus.com/
We have a friend locally who installs the "clear bra" on vehicles. I did not have done because my husband said he wasn't going to put a "bra" on our vehicles.

I can see where that would be a good idea especially if it doesn't "show".

I wonder if I could get it done now and if my husband would notice it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MMarlin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MMarlin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:08 PM   #24
magicchiz
magicchiz is on a distinguished road

I got mine from weather tech and they come with little bumbers. the instructions say to put them on the car. Although I put mine on the shield itself. Again I like the look and it is different than the other 100 outlooks on the road in my area that are white. There is no noise with the bug guard, or the rain shields for the windows. Again the weather tech are the best.
Just my 2 cents.
Magicchiz

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to magicchiz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help magicchiz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
magicchiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:38 PM   #25
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE
Attention Re: How many of you put Bug Shields on the front of your Outlook?

" . . . .if I could get it done now and if my husband would notice it."

Based on the 3M one a friend has on the front of his Outlook .... if your husband is visually impaired he won't notice it but then the first time he rubs it down after a wash he'll notice it as there is an edge to it !

As noted 08-05 in this thread i went with Saturn dealership sold, stone/bug shield !

The only negative (so far) I will have to pop it off to get the nose of the hood properly washed every couple months or so !

doug c

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:00 AM   #26
MMarlin
MMarlin is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug C View Post
" . . . .if I could get it done now and if my husband would notice it."

Based on the 3M one a friend has on the front of his Outlook .... if your husband is visually impaired he won't notice it but then the first time he rubs it down after a wash he'll notice it as there is an edge to it !

As noted 08-05 in this thread i went with Saturn dealership sold, stone/bug shield !

The only negative (so far) I will have to pop it off to get the nose of the hood properly washed every couple months or so !

doug c

Sorry but I did have to chuckle over this. You see the ONLY times either of our vehicles are washed/waxed is when I either have them done or do them myself. My husband has NEVER washed or waxed a vehicle ever in all the years we have been married.

Now as for the visually impaired he did have cataract surgery three years ago and wears glasses for reading.

So do I think he would notice, probably not.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MMarlin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MMarlin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:41 AM   #27
djhhjd
djhhjd is on a distinguished road

2009 Outlook XR
2005 VUE 3.5L

Here is a few pic's of mine. The flange of the bug guard that gets bolted to the underneath of the hood cracked so I epoxied a thin piece of plastic over the crack and 8 mths later it's still holding good.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to djhhjd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help djhhjd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
djhhjd is offline   Reply With Quote