SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default GM Hopes to Retain Saturn Customers, but 69% of SaturnFans.com Members Surveyed Say t

A new feeditems entry has been added:

GM Hopes to Retain Saturn Customers, but 69% of SaturnFans.com Members Surveyed Say they Won’t Purchase a GM Vehicle

Quote:
Eric Mayne from WardsAuto.com: GM is entering the free-agent market. The auto maker will reach out next week to some 1.6 million customers affected by the wind-down of its storied Pontiac brand. Susan Docherty, vice president-U.S. sales, calls these consumers "free agents" and says GM will attempt to steer them to Buick-GMC or Chevrolet dealerships by offering free oil changes. GM also will distribute information about Buick, GMC and Chevrolet product portfolios as it tries to keep these customers "in the family," Docherty says, adding a similar campaign is being planned to woo Saturn-brand customers.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2009, 01:59 AM   #2
Jaseball
Master Member
Jaseball will become famous soon enough

Default Re: GM Hopes to Retain Saturn Customers, but 69% of SaturnFans.com Members Surveyed S

I may purchase a GM vehicle, but I doubt it will be a new one. Most likely a used Saturn or some other brand. Really have no interest in any new GM car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaseball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaseball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:15 AM   #3
Robor007
Advanced Member
Robor007 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: GM Hopes to Retain Saturn Customers, but 69% of SaturnFans.com Members Surveyed S

After GM ignored the Astra then killed Saturn I would need a significant incentive to purchase another GM product.

2008 Astra XR3 door 5sp - Silver Sand with premium trim, 18" rims, and advanced audio. (new owner as of 12/15)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Robor007's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Robor007 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Robor007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:08 AM   #4
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan

ROTFLMAO : Now GM is interested in retaining the Saturn customer base ?

GM: heads still in a dark dank fetid place......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:33 AM   #5
Saturn#5
Saturn#5 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE
2007 VUE 2.2L

WOW so typical of GM. Piss off your customer base and then want to retain them....want to retain Saturn owners??? Turn around and keep the brand alive...look at the sales numbers...really look GM...you will find that they are no worse than other brands that you sell! In fact if you factor in customer satifaction...Saturn is the smart choice to keep!

GM, you will see that you will lose more of Saturn owners as the years pass and Saturn parts are fewer and harder to find...

Keep pissing off your customers...that is a GREAT way to reinvent your company!

Saturn#5

Saturn car history:
1995 SL2
2002 LW200
2005 ION
2007 VUE
2008 Astra

HEY GM...KISS MY ASTRA!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn#5's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn#5 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #6
ptrentacosta
ptrentacosta is on a distinguished road

1994 SL2
1995 SC1

GM will probably send a letter to Saturn customers saying that if you want GM to honor your warranty you'll have to sign an agreement that your next vehicle will be a GM vehicle.

1994 Saturn SL-2 214,000 miles
1995 SC-1 276,000 miles R.I.P
Change your oil & Clean Your Throttle Body!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ptrentacosta's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ptrentacosta reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ptrentacosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:23 AM   #7
SaTech
SaTech is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan
Happy Re: GM Hopes to Retain Saturn Customers, but 69% of SaturnFans.com Members Surveyed S

Let good old Fritz know how you feel. Go to GM.COM and you can leave comments for Mr. Henderson.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaTech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaTech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:22 PM   #8
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

To keep a present Saturn with all the current G.M. fudge ups (eg: not doing **** about the warranties, denying claims, etc)? PUH-LEEEZE. G.M. killed off such a good concept.

If I do get another G.M. vehicle it'll be used. even though it'll have all the garbage associated with G.M, they're not making a dime off that vehicle anymore.

other than that I'm a ford guy.

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #9
Tiger
Master Member
Tiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2

I find this interesting. It was when Saturn became more like GM that I became less interested in Saturn. At that point it became anti-Saturn. If they focus on affordable, reliable, easy to service economy cars, with great dealership service, I would be interested. You know, something like Saturn used to be.

Truth alone triumphs, not untruth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tiger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tiger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #10
MMarlin
MMarlin is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrentacosta View Post
GM will probably send a letter to Saturn customers saying that if you want GM to honor your warranty you'll have to sign an agreement that your next vehicle will be a GM vehicle.
ROFLMAO!

Actually they can KMA! (oops hope I didn't offend anybody on here)

Okay ONLY would I buy another Saturn no other GM product EVER!

Last edited by MMarlin; 10-29-2009 at 03:15 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MMarlin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MMarlin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #11
02OrangeSC2
02OrangeSC2 is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY Red Line
2004 ION Red Line

I am one of the 10% that will buy another GM vehicle. I'm working on getting a 09 AURA as we speak.

The most Saturn's in Erie County Ohio
96 SL2 Gold
96 SC2 Red
02 SC2 Orange
04 ION RL GM Stage 2 Electric Blue
07 SKY RL GM Stage Kit Silver Graphite
10 SKY RL Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 02OrangeSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 02OrangeSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
02OrangeSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #12
76oldsguy
76oldsguy is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

I love my Oldsmobiles and GM killed it off. I love my Saturn and geuss what, GM is killing it off. I will not buy another GM. They have killed off some of there best money makers and pissed off too many GM fans. I think that GM need to rethink where they are going. As I see it, It is going down the drain.

98 sl2 DOHC Auto 147,000 miles.
76 Olds 442 Auto78,000 miles.
95 sw2 DOHC Auto 200,000 miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 76oldsguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 76oldsguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
76oldsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #13
saturnd00d
saturnd00d will become famous soon enough

2008 VUE 2.4L

GM makes me laugh. You know, my entire family was GM loyal and we bought nothing but GM. In fact, I ignored all the bad rap that everyone around me (like friends) were saying about GM, and tried to change people's perceptions whenever I could.

Saturn was my favorite brand, and Pontiac was my second favorite, and with those two gone, I am upset enough to not consider another GM ever.

Well in a couple years, I'll probably be in the market for a used car (not going to buy new till I have to buy a replacement for my vue). The only thing from GM I'd consider even used, would be a G8 or Astra only because I am fixated on the both of them.

If not for those two cars, I'll be going import, or Ford.

Sorry GM, you won't see my hard-earned dollars anymore, your too dumb to know what to do with it. You mis-manage everything under the sun, why would anyone trust you anymore? Sales and incentives won't do much to help you anymore. So I guess this is good-bye and good riddance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnd00d's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnd00d reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnd00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:25 PM   #14
MiSaturn
MiSaturn is on a distinguished road

2002 SL
1991 SL2

Gee, I would hope they would have liked to retain 100% of Saturn owners.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MiSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MiSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MiSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #15
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

I would buy a new Pontiac... oh wait.

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eRic 02sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:54 PM   #16
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

I owned two Oldsmobiles and that division's gone.

Saturn gave me nearly ten years of a fuel efficient and economical car and that's gone.

Pontiac was one of my favorite brands and that's history too.

At least Ford and Nissan are alive and kicking.

If GM offers something I like as well as suiting my needs, I'll consider it. I'm not brand loyal. I don't think you can afford to be with the car market as splintered as it is today.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #17
Starduster_Sat
Starduster_Sat is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2

OK, if they are offering service discounts on our two SL2's, fine. But understand why I will stay FAR FAR AWAY from the sales floor. They haven't EARNED my trust and loyalty.

Can you blame me?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Starduster_Sat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Starduster_Sat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Starduster_Sat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #18
mike08vue
mike08vue is on a distinguished road

The only GM division that even remotely interests me is Cadillac--and only the CTS and new SRX are of any interest to me. The major problem here is: as a new purchase, they are pretty much not an option--maby used or certified pre-owned, but not new! Both are close to $50,000 when optioned as I would want them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mike08vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mike08vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mike08vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #19
The Math God
Advanced Member
The Math God is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L
2005 VUE 3.5L

Unless they are virtually giving them away, I don't think a GM will be in my garage where my 2 Vues are, or in my driveway, where my kids 2 Saturns are.

2007 Vue -- AWD 3.5 Honda
2005 Vue -- AWD 3.5 Honda
2007 Ion 2 -- 2.2
2005 L300 -- 6 cyl

Gone but not forgotten
2003 Vue -- 105K-traded in
2000 LS 2 --140 K-totaled
1994 SL-- 100K-sold

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to The Math God's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help The Math God reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
The Math God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #20
Zero_DgZ
Advanced Member
Zero_DgZ will become famous soon enough

2002 SL2
2002 SL2

The reasoning is pretty simple. What's GM got that I, personally, care about? Not much.

Kappa roadster? Gone. Astra hatchback? Gone. Cavalier? Gone. Same story with everything coming from GM I was mildly interested in.

Who's got the beans now? Mazda. Nissan. Subaru. Mitsubishi.

'12 Subaru Impreza manual, hatchback, silver.
'99 Chevy Silverado 1500, automatic, with pixel camo. For the [i]discerning[/i] redneck gentleman.
Used to have a '02 SL2 automatic.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zero_DgZ's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zero_DgZ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zero_DgZ is offline   Reply With Quote