SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2006, 07:53 AM   #21
rossao1
Advanced Member
rossao1 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan
Default Re: Saturn Truck

I have used my '95 SW1 like a truck more than once. it was too small and slow. So, It was replaced with smallest minvan I could find. '99 Villager. A decent sized and not underpowered.

The VUE is too "truck" for me. Nothing wrong with the VUE. I tried it, liked it, may yet consider a V6 '04. but gas prices are high and worriesome.

How about a car based truck ALA El Camino SS. Based on the Aura. But with polymer, it has got to have polymer! Lighter, faster and UNIQUE! Super charge that sucker!

A Saturn owner since 10/91.
'92 SC, '91 SL2, 95 SW1, '06 ION3
other car- '02 Expedition 5.4L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rossao1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rossao1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rossao1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2006, 09:39 AM   #22
SaturnGuy3
SaturnGuy3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdp326
No, their Toyota Camrys are always well-made, reliable products superior to anything from GM.
GM's quality on many cars is equal to or superior to Toyota. What toyota has is the reputation for quality -- which exceeds actual quality.

GM"s quality exceeeds their repuation for quality.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnGuy3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnGuy3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnGuy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:19 AM   #23
MGonzales
Advanced Member
MGonzales is on a distinguished road

My father's Toyota Tacoma has a hideous interior. His dash rattles so badly he has to stuff a paper towel between the dash and windshield. Fit and finish is nothing to write home about either. What's worse is that the steering wheel grip slides around like it's not attached to the steering wheel! Like a rubbery loose feeling. Crappy, crappy, crappy!

I think they went from Ford trucks to a Toyota because after their '91 Accord (along with nagging issues with their last Ford), the Japanese could do no wrong. You can't think that way, as they're finding out with their '00 Accord. Times change.

In fairness, their current Accord (80k+ miles) and Tacoma (donít know mileage) have been problem free as far as I know, except what I mentioned above and a broken gas cap in the Accord. They're just not put together as well, especially the Toyota. I think the current Accord is back on track though (as well as the new Civic), don't know about current Toyota trucks.

Mark
'99 Civic Si

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MGonzales's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MGonzales reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MGonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #24
walt
walt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by haypops
I read on another forum that the Relay sales were 4 times higher than mercury's and of course there are so few Saturn dealers. Of course Saturn dealers are far and few between. We have every possible GM dealership here in Pasadena including Saab and Hummer, but no Saturn. I was looking for a car for my sister in law in Northern California and the nearest dealer was 2 hours away. Its amazing Saturn sells as many as they do.
Saturn needs to do like GM did with Chevy and Olds.Sell Saturns with Pontiacs and Buicks as the lower end car.If anything it might help slumping Pontiac and Buick sales at respective dealers.Saturns are sold sticker list plain and simple.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to walt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help walt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #25
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL

For those who haven't seen it in my gallery. A drawing of the proposed Saturn pickup in page 2 of my gallery.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:42 PM   #26
BradJK
BradJK is on a distinguished road

2005 RELAY-2
2001 SL2

"Year 2008+
Saturn SUT: GM is currently working on a couple Lambda-based SUTís to compete with Hondaís Ridgeline. Saturn is a likely candidate for one."

I just came across this on the GMInsideNews web site. I just found this
site so I really don't know how reliable or acurate they tend to be.

If the Ridgline sales prove to be at least decent for Honda, I Can see GM doing the copycat thing again (Ala...HHR!). They already have a fair bit of knowledge with mid-gates ect.
The transformation of the Outlook to an SUT has to be better looking than the Ridgeline....Right?

I'm all for this little project. I hope it at least hits the concept stage.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BradJK's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BradJK reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BradJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:55 PM   #27
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Concentrate on cars.(and get em right)
Let GMC & Chevy work the trucks.

Besides, the Ridgeline isn't a real truck, anyhow.

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:56 PM   #28
haypops
haypops is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJK

If the Ridgline sales prove to be at least decent for Honda, I Can see GM doing the copycat thing again (Ala...HHR!). .
Actually Ridgeline production has been slowed twice already. It is too expensive and perhaps too ugly.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to haypops's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help haypops reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
haypops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:13 PM   #29
haypops

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/64...cc_beauty.html

scroll down to the pictures and captions to see a very different take on a pick-em-up truck.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help haypops reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-22-2006, 02:30 PM   #30
SaturnManiac
Master Member
SaturnManiac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_69
some people feel Saturn is a religion unto itself. wow. Do people feel this way about their refrigerators or hair dryers?
What are you talking about?! LOL, Saturn is a religion, haven't you heard of Saturnism?! Yes, that would be crazy fools running around trying to make love to a Saturn, have Saturn babies, and the extremeists would be fools running around with machine guns and rocket launchers blowing up anything that is anti-Saturn.......a thought again though, maybe if we did take out anything that is anti-Saturn we might rid the world of idiots, LOL.

R.I.P. - My 1996 Saturn SL2, "Psycho" - 7/95-2/17/06

R.I.P. - My 2000 Saturn SL2, "Sexy" - 11/24/99-8/05/08

If you're a car begging for your life, wouldn't you want someone to add fluids?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnManiac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnManiac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:46 AM   #31
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piney
Y'all haven't seen the Saturn TUV that is under development? Where have you been?
I almost wet my pants laughing at that mock up. It's no Saturn but it is SOOOO GM. And you know they've thought about it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #32
ameytwist
ameytwist is on a distinguished road

I am sure this was a Saturn. I'm trying to find a car that I saw yesterday. It had the front end of a car but it had a truck bed. It looked like a brand new car.. It was like a miniature version of the avalanche. can anyone help?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ameytwist's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ameytwist reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ameytwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #33
haypops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameytwist View Post
I am sure this was a Saturn. I'm trying to find a car that I saw yesterday. It had the front end of a car but it had a truck bed. It looked like a brand new car.. It was like a miniature version of the avalanche. can anyone help?

or

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #34
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_69 View Post
.... Do people feel this way about their refrigerators or hair dryers?
Saturn refrigerators? Saturn hair dryers?

Now that's branding! Where do I get 'em?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #35
crispy
crispy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin94SL View Post
Please don't. The Honda Ridgeline is enough of a "truck" from a company/division that exclusively makes CARS.
FWIW, the Outlook is my wife's. My "car" is a Ridgeline and it is the best vehicle I've ever owned. It may be a compromise, but it is absolutely the perfect vehicle for me... as long as you look at it from the inside only...

Even I think it is ugly, but I'll never get rid of it unless they make a better follow-up version.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to crispy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help crispy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
crispy is offline   Reply With Quote