SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Flashback Friday: the Last 2009 Saturn Sky

A new image entry has been added:

Flashback Friday: the Last 2009 Saturn Sky

Quote:
For this week's installment of Flashback Friday, we only have to look back a little more than three months to this past spring. The date was Wednesday, May 20th, 2009 to be exact. On that day, GM's Boxwood Assembly Plant in Wilmington, DE built the last Saturn Sky.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2009, 01:17 AM   #2
s-seriesguy
s-seriesguy will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Flashback Friday: the Last 2009 Saturn Sky

I am surprised that GM didn't keep the car to put in the Heritage Collection. For a Sky collector that would be one of the cars to have

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s-seriesguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s-seriesguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s-seriesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
Starduster_Sat
Starduster_Sat is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-seriesguy View Post
I am surprised that GM didn't keep the car to put in the Heritage Collection. For a Sky collector that would be one of the cars to have
I'm not. GM's already auctioned off a number of their "heritage" vehicles, including some high profile enough to be featured on Speed TV's coverage of Barrett/Jackson in Scottsdale.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Starduster_Sat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Starduster_Sat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Starduster_Sat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
coolvue
coolvue is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line

We're glad we got one. Now what can I do to convince my wife to pick up an 03'-05' l300?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to coolvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help coolvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
coolvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #5
Markkk
Markkk is on a distinguished road

This was not the last Sky made but it did have the highest VIN number, 9Y108015.
This car was visible on the assembly line to the Mecca Tour III tour groups on Friday May 15, 2009. Yes , if you go by the VIN number this was the last Sky but the VIN doesn't tell the complete story of what happens at assembly plants. It was the next to the last Sky to come off the final line.

The plant had one more Sky come off final line seven days later on Wed May 27, 2009 and it was a "bust job" with VIN 9Y107922 and was 1AZ1106648 , thus it was the last Sky "made" I.E. to come off final line. Note its lower number VIN as it was initially ahead of 9Y108015. A bust job is a car that was removed from the production line and then put on it later on, thus "busted" back in with higher VIN numbered cars. It was shipped to Saturn Of Bloomington Miscellaneous fleet. MN. It was Techno Gray with auto transmission. It was NOT a turbo. It came off final line at 12:55 PM that afternoon. No fanfare or pictures. I pointed it out to some friends on the assembly line but it was no big deal to them. Still it was a sad to see this last Sky drive off final line and into the history books. So, .................who owns the last Sky?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Markkk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Markkk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Markkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
darnell89
darnell89 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markkk View Post
This was not the last Sky made but it did have the highest VIN number, 9Y108015.
This car was visible on the assembly line to the Mecca Tour III tour groups on Friday May 15, 2009. Yes , if you go by the VIN number this was the last Sky but the VIN doesn't tell the complete story of what happens at assembly plants. It was the next to the last Sky to come off the final line.

The plant had one more Sky come off final line seven days later on Wed May 27, 2009 and it was a "bust job" with VIN 9Y107922 and was 1AZ1106648 , thus it was the last Sky "made" I.E. to come off final line. Note its lower number VIN as it was initially ahead of 9Y108015. A bust job is a car that was removed from the production line and then put on it later on, thus "busted" back in with higher VIN numbered cars. It was shipped to Saturn Of Bloomington Miscellaneous fleet. MN. It was Techno Gray with auto transmission. It was NOT a turbo. It came off final line at 12:55 PM that afternoon. No fanfare or pictures. I pointed it out to some friends on the assembly line but it was no big deal to them. Still it was a sad to see this last Sky drive off final line and into the history books. So, .................who owns the last Sky?
That's awesome! I want a 2008 SKY RL (Manual) Black or White I think that will be my last SATURN I want to own.

SATURN FAN 4 LYFE (Darnell)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to darnell89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help darnell89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
darnell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
RoadIon
Advanced Member
RoadIon will become famous soon enough

2007 ION Red Line
2007 ION-3 Sedan

I didn't like to see the S-Series die, nope I didn't like to see the ION go once they got it right, but seeing the end of the SKY is a sad sad thing.

I can't say I'll miss the two biggest bombs GM put on SATURN showrooms

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RoadIon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RoadIon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RoadIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:12 AM   #8
jerseymike68
jerseymike68 is on a distinguished road

Thank You!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jerseymike68's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jerseymike68 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jerseymike68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #9
TheDave
TheDave is on a distinguished road

QUOTE=Markkk;1508330] So, .................who owns the last Sky?[/QUOTE]

My father was fortunate enough to buy the last (ok.. second to last, technically!) Sky.

He's a retired construction Laborer from the Northern Illinois area - he shocked the heck out of me when he showed up with it the Sunday morning after he bought it. I thought for sure that the salesman was just pitching him a story in order to make a sale and that it was just one of the last Skys, not THE last until I saw the article here.

He's driven his baby a few times but is intent on keeping it in flawless condition, so it's safely tucked away for the winter.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TheDave's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TheDave reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote