SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
100MileVueOwner
100MileVueOwner is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XE
Default Strut Clunk?

I have approximately 13,000 kilometers on my 2008 Outlook AWD Xe. I love the quiet ride, and the look of this vehicle. It's my 2nd 2008 Outlook, (I was originally sold the wrong one for towing my travel trailer....but I posted about that last August/September).

Anyhow I've recently noticed a clunking noise at low speed coming from the driver side front wheel. As I live in small town BC, there is no Saturn dealer for 3 hours, so speaking to anyone who also owns one is impossible.

However, last weekend I pulled over a speeding 2008 Outlook (I'm a mountie) and the owner said she had the same noise, but only when she turns left. We had a nice chat about our vehicles, as i wrote her the ticket, and how much we love them.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,
Chris

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 100MileVueOwner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 100MileVueOwner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
100MileVueOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2009, 11:30 PM   #2
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE
Default Re: Strut Clunk?

I've heard a odd noise when turning but also but have been unable to define it . . . conclusively enough tah submit a review/repair request to the service dept.

Sometimes as part of this scenario it seems the engine . . . . sag/ gag /lag aka loss of power.

doug c

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
100MileVueOwner
100MileVueOwner is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XE
Default Re: Strut Clunk?

So I made the drive to the "local" Saturn dealer, and they examined the wheel, and they found that the strut was actually leaking quite significantly.

They didn't have the parts in stock, and are ordering a whole new strut assembly & mount. the service guy said that he had never seen this before, but felt that I had nothing to do in the cause of it.

The bummer is that parts are at least 4 business days away, and I'm not in the mood to drive so far again to sit around another town while they do repairs.....*sigh*. But I guess I have no choice, it needs to be done.

On a completely unrelated topic, he said that through "his channels" he had overheard that Nissan was an interested buyer in Saturn....interesting.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 100MileVueOwner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 100MileVueOwner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
100MileVueOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE
Thumbs Up Re: Strut Clunk?

Thanks Chris for this thread !!!

As of this past Wed. my Saturn dealership has the strut assembly drivers' side on order since as a second item I mentioned to the service rep' of my Outlooks' noise similiar to a posted SaturnForum. I had also printed off this thread the previous evening, and gave it to the rep' for their work file. The 'powers-that-be' obviously agreed !

The first reason I was in, was that the day before i had left my garage with a dash temp of 16c and couple hrs later still unchanged . As i was on that side of 'Deerfoot' I decided that I would pop into the saturn garage just-in-case they had a bay and tech free to test what has been to me a intermittent problem sensor since day one -- allegedly tested at the garage with no prob' showing on diagnosis ! although the service mgr. stated that it does take the temp sensor sys time to update (yeah well not half hours or more !!!) At least the history would be in my file. Also I mentioned on Tues. a couple times over the last 2 months of the temp reading spiking to 30c+ even though it was not that hot nor was the front end pointing into the sun. My main concern has always been when the dash temp is stuck or in error it maybe connected and affecting the engine performance . . . .
The 'powers-that-be' agreed with prob' too with parts ordered to replace (finally ).

Hopefully the owner of the 'speeding' Outlook followed up on their front end noise too !

doug c

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote