SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Owner Story: My Gold 1997 Saturn SL is the "Best Car I Have Ever Owned"

A new story entry has been added:

Owner Story: My Gold 1997 Saturn SL is the "Best Car I Have Ever Owned"

Quote:
From MikeNW: I presently own a 1997 Saturn SL. I bought it new on July 7, 1997 with 7 miles from Saturn of Escondido, California. At the time, I wanted a small car with air conditioning that could hold my bicycle. After looking at Hondas and Fords, I found the Saturn. But I wasn't a big fan of Saturns back then.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
linuxdude
linuxdude is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
Default Like early VWs, Saturn S cars are worth fixing forever

I used to be an import car snob, since the American cars I tried (never owned) in the 80s and 90s were just soooo bad. But the Saturn 5 speed is great. What I think it shares with the VW bug is that it's made from simply but mostly high quality parts. So it never gets to a point where you can't fix it. Unlike a lot of other cars now, where everything is in "dealer only" modules, and gratuituous use of computer chips and motors. One gets to a point with highly electronic cars where the cost of troubleshooting and swapping modules is greater than the residual value of the car itself. Simple is better.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to linuxdude's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help linuxdude reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
linuxdude is offline   Reply With Quote