SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
wifeofcore
Administrator
wifeofcore is on a distinguished road

Default What Does Saturn Have in Common with the Energizer Bunny?

A new story entry has been added:

What Does Saturn Have in Common with the Energizer Bunny?

Quote:
Mike Morrissey, from the Saturn Communications Team equated Saturns to the popular advertising character, the Energizer Bunny, in a blog written on ImSaturn.com yesterday. Why you may ask? Saturn discovered through a research study conducted by R.L. Polk that 83% of all of the Saturns ever sold in the United States are still actively registered. You may remember that nearly two weeks ago Saturn celebrated the sale of their 4 millionth vehicle in Traverse City, Michigan: a black three door Astra. Of those 4 million vehicles, 3.3 million of them are still in use.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wifeofcore's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wifeofcore reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wifeofcore is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L
Default Re: What Does Saturn Have in Common with the Energizer Bunny?

Very interesting stat. I know one of mine was totaled in an accident but I wonder how many of the rest are still running.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
John10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
page2171
page2171 will become famous soon enough

One of mine was totaled too. A '93 SL1.

I was going to say that it's because the rumors just keep going and going and going...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to page2171's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help page2171 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
page2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
geartooth94
Master Member
geartooth94 will become famous soon enough

still have my '91 SL2 two-tone. I drive it a few times a week, but it needs some cosmetic restoration. Engine and trans. are solid though.

1996 Dodge Avenger ES: 2.5L V6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to geartooth94's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help geartooth94 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
geartooth94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #5
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

IMO it was more of the owners love of the car and brand that helped keep them on the road.

My SC was not spectacular as far as reliability. My VUE has been extremely reliable.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:01 AM   #6
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to all

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

I'll tell you what they have in common: they keep going, and going, and going....LOL

Many other folks will agree. When I first bought my 2000 SC2, it already most of the mods listed below and had 160K miles on it. I beat the piss out of it for the first month or so because I liked the sound of it. It spent alot of time above 4K RPM. I still get on it hard on occasion but not often since it's my daily driver and I can't afford the resulting loss in fuel economy. I also can't afford a catostrophic failure. It's just rolled past 205K miles with the original engine and second transmission. It is a manual tranny, but the previous owner somehow broke the case (didn't appear to be from diff pin failure BTW) and JB welded it together, causing some misalignment within and eating my 5th gear synchronizer (I suddenly couldn't shift into 5th gear, drove fine otherwise). The used transmission I put in it had 108K miles on it.

I plan to keep it as a daily driver for a few more years. After that I'm going to park it and thoroughly restore it and build up the engine. I would like to turbocharge it if I have the resources.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 175K miles
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 170K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #7
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

About 100K of the difference could be VTi Vues and Ions that have been placed out of service.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
MaxHork
MaxHork is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

Just completely wonderful cars, not only to drive, but to look at. 1997 SL1 Owner with 156K on it, I wouldnt trade her for anything . . . okay well thats not completely true .

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MaxHork's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MaxHork reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MaxHork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #9
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

8 of the 20 Saturn S-Series I've owned ar no longer on the road.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #10
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Of the Saturns I have owned:

1994 SC1 is currently garaged, awaiting an engine rebuild.
1994 SL2 is currently my daily driver
1997 SW2 is currently my wife's daily driver
1994 SL2 Homecoming Edition is currently being "Restored"
1992 SL1 was traded in on the 2005 VUE
2005 VUE was wrecked in March 2008
1991 SC was sold to my mechanic, who used the Trans in a 1992 SC

So the majority of mine are "Still on the road"

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:35 AM   #11
sparkynsmoke
sparkynsmoke is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2
2005 RELAY-2

My '95 SL2 has nearly 230K on it and is [I]still[I]going strong. I also have a '05 Relay 2 and while I don't have that many miles on it, I love riding high and the feeling of being a bit safer than in my sedan. Meaning that the Relay obviously rides higher up.
Two weeks ago I drove a carpool of coworkers to a conference and they were all impressed with my little "Smokin' Swoop". Of course at work they see Sparky more, but IMHO, I think I have the best cars in the lot at work.
My 'girls' have personality, they wear their mom's love of sport and patriotism on their windows, but most important, they wear their Saturn badges proudly.
Even their Chevy Cavalier 'brother' when he goes with me to work, shows the same pride.
I love my Saturns and am looking right now to getting me a Vue just to commute to work so I can start restoring and rebuilding my SL2.
Saturn, definitelya different kind of car, and if you don't or never owned one, you just don't understand.

1995 SL2 - Sparky- (234K+)
1997 SW2 - Smoke- (64,817) RIP my little boy
2004 Chevy Cavalier - Gordy- (103K+)
2005 Relay 2 - Swoop or Smoke II- (48K+)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sparkynsmoke's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sparkynsmoke reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sparkynsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:32 PM   #12
mike08vue
mike08vue is on a distinguished road

I "totaled" a 2001 L200 when it was new---it may actually be back on the road as a wrecked and rebuilt car--a junkyard specializing in late model Saturns bought it off me and inferred they had another "doner" L200 to make a whole car. I do know that as of last year my first Saturn, a 1992 SL, was still on the road with over 200K miles on it! A lady in a neighboring town bought it and drove it to work daily at a fast food restaurant there---I still see it when I'm over there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mike08vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mike08vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mike08vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #13
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't be surprised if the salvage outfit fixed my SL2 and put it back on the road (I've seen a couple of look-alikes, but they're both '99s) A neighbor of my brother's bought his SL1 when he got the ION; my mom's SL1 was part of a trade and probably is still alive and kicking somewhere.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #14
spitfire22
spitfire22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
About 100K of the difference could be VTi Vues and Ions that have been placed out of service.

I am one of the owners of a 2003 saturn vue it has 117K on it and the transmission went out. After doing some research myself and others I was advised to sell it as is because I would be wasting my time and money if I replace the tranny. It seems it would only last another 20,000K if I'm lucky because the same transmission would be put in. So I don't have the same feeling as some of you about a Saturn. Saturn doesn't want to help in anyway except to charge me 4,000- to 5,000 and can't tell me it will last more then the 20K......... Not a happy Saturn customer since I paid 13,000 for it 4 years ago.....[/HTML]

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spitfire22's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spitfire22 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spitfire22 is offline   Reply With Quote