SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Video: Third of Three New Saturn Commercials Focuses on Fuel Efficiency

A new story entry has been added:

Video: Third of Three New Saturn Commercials Focuses on Fuel Efficiency

Quote:
The third of three new commercials narrated by Saturn retail store owners focuses on the fuel efficiency of Saturn's vehicles. This ad features Karen Radley who owns Saturn of Fredericksburg in Virginia. By the way, if you want to see the stunning lines of the Vue and Aura in high-definition on your big screen television, SaturnFans.com hears that the new TV spots will air throughout the NCAA basketball tournament on CBS.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #2
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE
Default Re: Video: Third of Three New Saturn Commercials Focuses on Fuel Efficiency

Cool looking commercials, they look alot like a LG Phone commercial. I wish they showed other cars than the Hybrids too though. I'm just glad that they have commercials.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #3
spork
spork is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Video: Third of Three New Saturn Commercials Focuses on Fuel Efficiency

I think maybe another reason Saturn is having problems, beside the obvious, is that they have been pushing these "fake" "starter motor" hybrids. I think most people see them for what they are. I suppose if you had been driving something that got 20mpg or less and then went to one of the fake hybrids that gets slightly more than 30mpg, that might seem like magic. The problem is, my 2000 L averages 32mpg. If Saturn had built a real hybrid, like the Prius or Civic, then we'd be talking 40+mpg. In the case of hybrids, you get what you pay for.

"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spork's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spork reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #4
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by spork View Post
I think maybe another reason Saturn is having problems, beside the obvious, is that they have been pushing these "fake" "starter motor" hybrids. I think most people see them for what they are. I suppose if you had been driving something that got 20mpg or less and then went to one of the fake hybrids that gets slightly more than 30mpg, that might seem like magic. The problem is, my 2000 L averages 32mpg. If Saturn had built a real hybrid, like the Prius or Civic, then we'd be talking 40+mpg. In the case of hybrids, you get what you pay for.
Hopefully Saturn will one day return to the 30-40mpg efficiency that the S-Series had. Mild hybrids are a viable alternative to full hybrids although over-priced IMO and not worth it when there is a 33mpg 4cyl Aura for thousands less. As you point out, the old Ecotec was very efficient.

As GM adds on more and more safety feature weight, they have been losing mpg ratings. Batteries are another issue why everyone isn't driving a Prius or Civis hybrid , but it looks from what I have read that advancements are being made in lithium-ion technology.

Sigh* at least Saturn has a nice looking commercial, I am greatful for that.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

I like this commercial. I was at home the other day when I hear my Mom scream "JOEL, COME QUICK, YOUR CAR IS ON TV!"

My family knows how I get excited when Saturn/Aura Commercials come on..

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote