SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2008, 08:11 AM   #21
djhhjd
djhhjd is on a distinguished road

2009 Outlook XR
2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: '07 Saturn Outlook - Vacation Ruined - THANKS GM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlord View Post
i heard the sun roof model outlooks have waterleaks is this true

Three water leaks in a month, all different places. Hopefully fixed now and I hope GM is making the 09's w/ skyscape roofs different, I mean that dont leak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this ordeal could of gotten me upset but being an 07' first year model I have to take the good with the bad and I hope the bad is over.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to djhhjd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help djhhjd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
djhhjd is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2008, 01:47 PM   #22
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR

found a tsb for water leaks in rear map lights / a-pillars if nobody else has posted this.

07-08-57-002

i am looking at an '07 outlook xr today, so am researching the necessary TSBs to inquire about.

+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:25 AM   #23
pezzing
pezzing is on a distinguished road

I am having an issue with the front seal on my trans. The dealer had my car a week, then when I picked it up, I saw my back seat was up with grease hand prints on it. I keep my seats down! Another 3 days till I get it back-the dealer was nice and delivered my car. I looked under it and my tras is still wet-leaking?
Anyone else with trans leaking problems? Wonder if my driveshaft will fall out next-since they must have removed it to do the trans seal...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pezzing's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pezzing reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pezzing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:35 AM   #24
tradewind
tradewind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
Wow, this is sad. Sounds like their build quality isn't all there, and that with all the things popping off the interior etc that the manufacturing tolerance and/or glue they're using isn't very good.

What's really sad though is how the auto reviewers, including Consumer Reports which usually rants about American cars, all seem to be raving about the Outlook and its siblings. They love its driving characteristics, handling, power, and utility and rate right there at the top in its class. Then we see that GM just can't control its build quality, or can't figure out the correct adhesive to use that will hold up.

Not that making a vehicle with 1000s of parts is easy, but the Japanese seem to do it all the time with pretty decent job in initial quality and in reliability, so why can't Americans? Note that many of the foreign cars are built in the USA now and have great quality, so it has to be design, materials and assembly line organization and execution, not the American workers!
I am sorry to tell you, it is the workers, the union workers. They just don't care. Most of the Japanese and European auto plants are not unionized.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tradewind's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tradewind reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tradewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:09 AM   #25
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradewind View Post
I am sorry to tell you, it is the workers, the union workers. They just don't care. Most of the Japanese and European auto plants are not unionized.
i can see some truth to this. my last vehicle was a 2004 Ion QC2 that i purchased new. about a week in to owning it I was detailing one weekend and notice pieces of glass on the floor, then down in under the back seat - just like it had been in an accident or something and the glass had shattered and left pieces.
I took it back to the dealership, they ran the VIN and cleaned up everything, then proceeded to tell me I had a "friday car" - which was to say that likely the rear window glass shattered while they were putting it in, but since it was friday and they had to get it out the door they just did a quick clean-out, then put another piece of glass in. they also commented that they see similar build issues w/ Monday vehicles as well.

was quite disappointing to me, i was finding glass in the back window area, rear window tail light, trunk, floor, seats, until the day i got rid of the thing

+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #26
NJSATXR
NJSATXR is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

Pezzing,

When you say "trans leak", imagine you mean transmission? Not exactly the same vehicle obviously, but my 08 Vue also had what I thought at first to be a trans leak also. Turned out it was actually the "transfer case" leaking as the fluid turned out to be gear oil (not trans fluid). Turned out there was a service bulletin on it to replace some input shaft seals. My dealer did that twice and it never did fix the problem. Saturn finally bit the bullet and replaced the entire transfer case which ultimately solved the problem.

Don't honestly know if that bulletin applies to the OUTLOOK as well.
The GM service doc number is 2028823.
Hope this info helps.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NJSATXR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NJSATXR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NJSATXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:06 PM   #27
nababbo
nababbo is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
yeah those damn workers trying to make a living...I used to be a teacher. Everybody was quick at criticizing the teachers for the (supposedly) bad education in this country, but never said a word about administration at the district, state, or federal level. Same thing here.
When the boat goes the wrong way you don't blame the greenhorn, but the captain.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nababbo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nababbo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nababbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:15 AM   #28
nakman
nakman is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
BS. You can find major issues reported for all makes. BMW, Honda, Toyota, etc. Dealer sucks, car sucks, this shouldn't happen etc. And then you can find testimonials for GM (or any make) vehicle that has gone X miles with only oil changes.

GM has been the leader of the domestic makes in terms of quality and building vehicles that people want. CTS, Aura, Malibu, Astra, Enclave etc.

They still have a lot they can improve upon.

2007 VUE FWD 3.5L, Storm Grey
2008 Honda Accord, 2.4l, auto, Black
(Pic is the 03 VUE, 4 banger, 5 spd, gone but not forgotten)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nakman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nakman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #29
pezzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSATXR View Post
Pezzing,

When you say "trans leak", imagine you mean transmission? Not exactly the same vehicle obviously, but my 08 Vue also had what I thought at first to be a trans leak also. Turned out it was actually the "transfer case" leaking as the fluid turned out to be gear oil (not trans fluid). Turned out there was a service bulletin on it to replace some input shaft seals. My dealer did that twice and it never did fix the problem. Saturn finally bit the bullet and replaced the entire transfer case which ultimately solved the problem.

Don't honestly know if that bulletin applies to the OUTLOOK as well.
The GM service doc number is 2028823.
Hope this info helps.
Yes, I mean transmission leak. Well, thanks for the reply. I guess its a good thing I didnt hear from othes with the same problem. The car is front wheel drive, so no transfer case.
They replaced the front transmission seal once, it still leaking. Its back again, they had it a week today.
Time will tell when they get it done if they fixed it or not... thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help pezzing reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #30
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
Wow, this is sad. Sounds like their build quality isn't all there, and that with all the things popping off the interior etc that the manufacturing tolerance and/or glue they're using isn't very good.

What's really sad though is how the auto reviewers, including Consumer Reports which usually rants about American cars, all seem to be raving about the Outlook and its siblings. They love its driving characteristics, handling, power, and utility and rate right there at the top in its class. Then we see that GM just can't control its build quality, or can't figure out the correct adhesive to use that will hold up.

Not that making a vehicle with 1000s of parts is easy, but the Japanese seem to do it all the time with pretty decent job in initial quality and in reliability, so why can't Americans? Note that many of the foreign cars are built in the USA now and have great quality, so it has to be design, materials and assembly line organization and execution, not the American workers!
CR has soured on the Lambda triplets from GM after initial praise. For 2009, they are not recommended. The Traverse gets a pass because it is a new model built in a separate plant. I'm not even sure it will be recommended in 2010 because there won't be enough data available for Consumer's Union to make the call.

I also suspect low manufacturing tolerances at work.

What say you, Charlie? How's your Outlook faring?

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #31
pezzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR898SL2 View Post
CR has soured on the Lambda triplets from GM after initial praise. For 2009, they are not recommended. The Traverse gets a pass because it is a new model built in a separate plant. I'm not even sure it will be recommended in 2010 because there won't be enough data available for Consumer's Union to make the call.

I also suspect low manufacturing tolerances at work.

What say you, Charlie? How's your Outlook faring?

Your right about CR, turning sour on Outlook....
My car has been in the shop 2 1/2 weeks for the transmission seal leak, 2nd attempt at repair. Too bad its a nice riding car but think its time to dump it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-21-2009, 06:34 PM   #32
lisak
lisak is on a distinguished road

we bought our saturn May 1, 2007. We traded our cars for the one. Since then the sunroof has leaked 7 times (lemon lawsuit filed) They replaced the carpet three times and the head liner twice, they broke my windshield while fixing a brace on the wiper fluid holder. They broke a piece of molding in the back of the car God knows how, they had to fix the DVD player once, they had to fix the wiper fluid heater, the top mount went bad and the drive axle fell to the ground while I was driving it while on vacation with kids in the car.(this was due to a recall not being completed on the bolts. The service manager said it was a mistake, but that is why they have attorneys. They totally missed the recall. I am done. I have always owned Saturns and wanted to keep this one because it is a good traveling car for at least 8 years, but now I am afraid to drive this car... What happened to saturn???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lisak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lisak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #33
pezzing

I dumped mine and traded for a Traverse. It feels better, some small button changes inside it plus its a Chevy. I had a 2wd XE, got about $15,000 for the trade.
I was going to go Lemon Law too, but my transmission seemed to stop leaking. I guess the problem was the mechanics.
Good Luck.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-23-2009, 09:49 AM   #34
puckalicious
puckalicious is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ah, ignorance is bliss. FUD at it's best.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to puckalicious's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help puckalicious reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
puckalicious is offline   Reply With Quote