SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2009, 11:08 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Jill Lajdziak: We are Still Saturn

A new story entry has been added:

Jill Lajdziak: We are Still Saturn

Quote:
A letter from Saturn General Manager Jill Lajdziak: From our very beginning, Saturn has always sought a better way. We pioneered no haggle-no hassle shopping, built dent-resistant cars, set a new benchmark for customer service and forged a unique relationship with our retailers, workers and customers. From the beginning, Saturn was launched as a "Different kind of Car Company." Well, here we go again. You may have read that General Motors delivered a plan to the U.S. government that outlined the corporation's plan for long term viability. In that plan, GM stated that Saturn would work with its retailers to investigate options for the future of the Saturn brand. We said that all ideas were on the table and we meant it.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2009, 02:39 AM   #2
Germane German
Germane German is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Jill Lajdziak: We are Still Saturn

I just got Jill's e-mail, it says it was sent at 4:44 am. Glad I'm not the only night owl.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Germane German's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Germane German reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Germane German is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:53 AM   #3
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

The wife just got her e-mail & forwarded it to me.

After reading it, it took 7 paragraphs to tell me absolutely nothing. What I would like to know is why Jill thinks this such "an exciting time at the Saturn brand."

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #4
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

And the band played on....

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:23 AM   #5
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Is the "Fat Lady Singing" again?

I hate it when someone takes 7 paragraphs to say something they can in 7 sentences or words...

I wonder what cars they will sell from other manufacturers that will make enough money to keep the company afloat?

Today every original car manufacturer are having a hard time keeping their heads above water...

Sounds like they want to do the same thing Suzuki has been doing. Possibly without the GM cars...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #6
nababbo
nababbo is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkle bik View Post

After reading it, it took 7 paragraphs to tell me absolutely nothing. What I would like to know is why Jill thinks this such "an exciting time at the Saturn brand."
there's nothing not to be excited about when you keep making your fat salary even though the company you manage is going down the drain
I'd be very excited too

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nababbo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nababbo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nababbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:56 AM   #7
MiSaturn
MiSaturn is on a distinguished road

2002 SL
1991 SL2

Pure marketing BS. A different kind of car company is 100% accurate - a car company that's not building what they sell - not the recipe for high quality or low cost in my opinion.

The best marketing that Saturn EVER had was it's loyal owners. Now that they've pissed this away they have nothing, absolutely nothing to recommend their products - or give us something to be loyal about.

Good luck and best wishes to the Saturn dealers and employees are left hanging while GM attempts to get their collective crap together.

Note to Jill - Don't drag the (once) proud Saturn nameplate down any further. Pick another name for your "Kinda Really Different Kind of Car Company". I recommend you try "Uranus". You can sucker a lot of 16 year olds in with the tag line "Come and check out Uranus!".

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MiSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MiSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MiSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #8
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkle bik View Post

Yeah, I saw the letter too. I agree. For you Josie Wales fans, it reminded me of the "Endeavor to persevere" story told by the old indian....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:18 AM   #9
Ritz
Master Member

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
And the captain asked that all the bags of bar snacks on the ship should be put onto the starboard rail to counteract the 10 degree list to port.

Rah rah.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #10
jrdbert
jrdbert is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
2001 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Saturn just seemed to be the ******* child nobody wanted the last few years. It's too bad because the dealership I have gone to was great.

For me, Saturn died the day they dropped the composite panels. It was already on the way out with mix and match drivelines. As an owner of a 2001 L300, thank God I may have someplace to get that seviced for the next couple of years, then it's to the trash heap for that.

Fortunately my 2004 Vue with the Honda driveline will have someplace to go for the next 50 years since Honda knows how to run a company.

I hope GM makes it. Have a 2007 Equinox in the driveway also.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jrdbert's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jrdbert reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jrdbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:52 AM   #11
GroverFitzgeral
GroverFitzgeral is on a distinguished road

What is really Saturn? What makes the brand so strong? Customer focus and service! Why not leverage this strength and creating a new platform from which not only to make Saturn survive, but to grow the company into something really great and lasting!

My idea is to create a new Saturn service super center! We no longer will focus on selling cars, but will focus on offering automotive service to anyone and everyone! What will make us unique in this service is that we offer a new concept and design!

With each Saturn store offering a full eight pump gas station in front of store, plus a state of the art convenience store(taking over the space where the showroom is located). Our anchor will be our service department and new customer initiatives to create a truly one-of –a-kind experience that will keep bringing the customer back! The gas pumps will be manned by full-time service attendants that will pump gas and clean customers windshield. You will have three main profit centers in this concept…the gas pumps, the convenience store and the service department. There can also be a tie-in fast food shop for an option as another profit center.

Why does this concept makes sense? It takes the strength of the Saturn brand and grows into a concept that has promise for fast growth. It builds on our already strong customer loyalty and develops new profit centers. We are not beholding to GM or any other manufacturing company to develop our product…our product is our service! It’s a concept that would be grown into something really big with more than 700 stores in just a couple of years.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GroverFitzgeral's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GroverFitzgeral reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GroverFitzgeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #12
titan12
titan12 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

At least it is some good news coming from Saturn.. We need to just see how it will play out.. If you don't like the cars they offer don't buy them..

Pontiac does this with Toyota and it works well with the Vibe..So why can't Saturn?

I am going to sit back and see what Jill and the others come up with before I shoot them down..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to titan12's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help titan12 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
titan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #13
titan12

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroverFitzgeral View Post
What is really Saturn? What makes the brand so strong? Customer focus and service! Why not leverage this strength and creating a new platform from which not only to make Saturn survive, but to grow the company into something really great and lasting!

My idea is to create a new Saturn service super center! We no longer will focus on selling cars, but will focus on offering automotive service to anyone and everyone! What will make us unique in this service is that we offer a new concept and design!

With each Saturn store offering a full eight pump gas station in front of store, plus a state of the art convenience store(taking over the space where the showroom is located). Our anchor will be our service department and new customer initiatives to create a truly one-of –a-kind experience that will keep bringing the customer back! The gas pumps will be manned by full-time service attendants that will pump gas and clean customers windshield. You will have three main profit centers in this concept…the gas pumps, the convenience store and the service department. There can also be a tie-in fast food shop for an option as another profit center.

Why does this concept makes sense? It takes the strength of the Saturn brand and grows into a concept that has promise for fast growth. It builds on our already strong customer loyalty and develops new profit centers. We are not beholding to GM or any other manufacturing company to develop our product…our product is our service! It’s a concept that would be grown into something really big with more than 700 stores in just a couple of years.
It's called Sheetz and it all ready exists...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help titan12 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:12 AM   #14
GroverFitzgeral
GroverFitzgeral is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan12 View Post
My concept would have our SATURN service department as the main profit center...like an upscale/different kind of PepBoys or maybe a combination of Saturn and Sheetz combined! From what I read about Sheetz...it is just a gas station/food/convenience store...with no service facility to fix and service cars! That is where we would be different!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GroverFitzgeral's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GroverFitzgeral reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GroverFitzgeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:21 AM   #15
Ritz
Master Member

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Nothing a little immodium can't take care of. Drink lots of fluids too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Old 02-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #16
titan12

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
Don't forget the Hot Dogs.. MMM...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #17
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
Fibre is your friend...

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:27 AM   #18
fatabbot
Advanced Member
fatabbot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroverFitzgeral View Post

God I hope you're kidding....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fatabbot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fatabbot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fatabbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #19
Germane German
Germane German is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:

I am going to sit back and see what Jill and the others come up with before I shoot them down..
She didn't specifically say but I think they have a retreat planned for all high level staff at the Mexican Riviera. They will of course be flying in on private jets but once they are there rumor has it that most of their ground transportation will be by Chevrolet badged Astra's so they can really get a feel for how anything can be re-badged to anything else. ;>)

Speaking of that panacea called re-badging I do need to get outside as soon as it warms up a little more and get that set of Porsche badges on to my son's 1996 Civic so that it better reflects the way he drives it. ;>)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Germane German's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Germane German reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Germane German is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:50 AM   #20
thatjerryguy
thatjerryguy will become famous soon enoughthatjerryguy will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Attention Re: Jill Lajdziak: We are Still Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
…while the deck chairs were being rearranged.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thatjerryguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thatjerryguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thatjerryguy is offline   Reply With Quote