SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2008, 11:30 PM   #1
dgoodgion22
dgoodgion22 is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2
Dizzy hardwiring leds

I was wanting to hard wire some led lights to the battery that connects to a three prong switch.

How do i go about doing this?

I have wire through the fire-wall but don't know how to hook it up to the battery.

I am new to this so don't be too hard

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dgoodgion22's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dgoodgion22 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dgoodgion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2008, 12:02 AM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2
Default Re: hardwiring leds

Going to need a bit more data. What exactly are you trying to do? Where did you get the LEDs and do they have a built in resistor?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:40 AM   #3
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoodgion22 View Post
I was wanting to hard wire some led lights to the battery that connects to a three prong switch.

How do i go about doing this?

I have wire through the fire-wall but don't know how to hook it up to the battery.

I am new to this so don't be too hard
are you referrring to those under car lights that look sort of bluish that make the car look like it's floating?
i seen a motorcycle lit up like that parked at a carnival last year & i thought to myself he has a lot of balls to do that after all it's sapping the battery for hours. it would suck not being able to start his bike & it was a big bike not easy to push start. never the less it looks cool... if that's what your doing you would have to connect them to the battery & run the switch wires through the firewall to turn them on & off. good luck....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:47 AM   #4
banditkaine
banditkaine is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2

Assumin the LED's have resistors already and are rated for 12V, you would need 2 wires! One for + and one for -, Don't connect anything to the battery until you have everything else already wired! You should also disconnect the negative terminal on the battery.

LED's are polarised, so they will only work if the the + on the LED is wired to the + on the cable.

Get 1 cable for + and attach one end to the battery (at the end) and the other end to the + side on the LED, get another wire and attach it to the other end of the LED and then to one contact on the switch.

Get a 2nd piece of wire and attack it to ground (any metal piece on the car) and attach the other end to the other contact on the switch.

That's it, turn the switch on and watch the LED's glow. For extra security you can add a small fuse anywhere in between the + side of the cable.

Why is your switch 3 prong anyway? a 2 prong switch would have worked just fine.

If you don't understand anything please ask before attempting.. electrical system in a car can easily be damaged if you screw up.

Use a 2AMP fuse just incase.

Here is a simple diagram i just drew for you, Remember this is assuming the LED's are rated 12V already.. if you just got bare LED's from radio shack or something then you will need resistors and that's a whole different story which i can help you with aswell.

Last edited by banditkaine; 12-15-2008 at 12:52 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to banditkaine's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help banditkaine reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
banditkaine is offline   Reply With Quote