SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #1
blindness
blindness is on a distinguished road

Default Hello from Portugal

Hi everyone!

As you all can see from the title, I'm from Portugal... a country somewhere in Europe... near Spain!

About a month ago I bought a new Astra for my wife... well It's not a Saturn... but close. We don't have Saturn's here! It's an Opel!

It's an Opel Astra Cosmo 1.4i, 5 manual speed (very comon in Portugal), 5 door, 90hp, Star Silver. Cosmo stands for the equipment level. In Portugal there are 3 equipment levels: Enjoy (base), Edition (intermediate) and Cosmo (more luxurious).

Here is some of the Cosmo's standard equipment:
- Light and rain sensors
- Partial leather seats
- ESP
- Black piano interior
- ECC (Electronic Control Climate)
- 16'' aloy wheels
- CD30 mp3 stereo
- Board computer with GID display

I've haded 2 extras:
- Bluetooth Parrot CK3100
- Front arm rest. Not worth the money because it blocks access to the hand brake and I end up always pulling it up (it's not expensive, but... )

We are happy for this choice. It's a good car and it seems to me reliable like other Opel's.

I had a 1998 Opel Corsa B, but in 2006 I've changed to Ford Focus II Station Wagon 1.6 TDCI (diesel engine). It's the european model that doesn't exist in US.

Some fotos of my wife's Astra:

And now here is my shiny Focus :

It's a nice to know diferent experiences around the world with the same product. I hope I enjoy posting here (and I hope you all enjoy my contributions too), trade ideias, help and be helped if I need. Sorry if there are any errors. My english is good... but might be not good enough to avoid misspeling words sometimes!

2008 Opel Astra 1.4i Cosmo 5 door 90hp

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blindness's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blindness reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
blindness is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #2
nababbo
nababbo is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Hello from Portugal

Welcome! your english is great...unfortunately Saturn is about to be shut down here in the US due to GM crisis. And the Astra never really caught on. Competition and pricing are very tough over here.
HEy, why do people always black out their plate numbers on the pictures? think about how many people see it on the street everyday while you drive....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nababbo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nababbo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nababbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #3
blindness
blindness is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nababbo View Post
Welcome! your english is great...unfortunately Saturn is about to be shut down here in the US due to GM crisis. And the Astra never really caught on. Competition and pricing are very tough over here.
HEy, why do people always black out their plate numbers on the pictures? think about how many people see it on the street everyday while you drive....
I know about the bad situation GM is facing. It's sad to know Saturn can be shut down, as well as other brands like Saab (could be sold?) and Buick. Maybe GM knows that Saturn Astra and other Opel models rebadged as Saturns are selling ok in the US and could bring up a solution by rebadging them again after Saturn desappear. Who knows?

I always black out my car's plate numbers because I want to be anonymous in the Internet for security reasons. When I drive people see my cars and the plate numbers, of course... but they don't know me, right? So people can't associate the car to me. In Internet, if people know who I am they can recognize me by the car's plate number. Internet it's a very open way of comunication, but it's to much and that could be dangerous if we don't know how to protect ourselfs. Well... you can call me a security wierdo!

2008 Opel Astra 1.4i Cosmo 5 door 90hp

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blindness's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blindness reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
blindness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:25 PM   #4
m100
m100 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Welcome...nice looking Astra...I love mine!

"I love hot hatches..." Jeremy Clarkson

2008 Saturn Astra XR - Daily Driver
2005 Lotus Elise - Track Car
1991 Lotus M100 Elan - Project Car

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to m100's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help m100 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
m100 is offline   Reply With Quote