SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE
Default (Little) Peeves !

_ you've parked and shifted your unit into "Park" and all the doors unlock !
Like not a great thing in this day and age of car jackies, (negatives) etc. !
I would rather the doors stay locked and be safe, till I'm ready to leave the vehicle and then tap the unlock button on armrest to unlock the requisite door(s).
{hmmm maybe a adjustment mentioned in the manual that i haven't come across yet ?}

_ the vehicle has both the immobiliser sys' and anti-theft system !!
Kudos to having both .. {insurance rates are a little cheaper} !!!
BUT since there is no continuous flashing light on dash as some other vehicles {likely to prevent battery drain} how about at least providing a small anti-theft system warning sticker to apply on both sides of vehicle similiar to what I've seen provided/on Torrent (?)

For now ..... IMHO,
doug c

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2008, 08:42 PM   #2
khansen30
khansen30 is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR
Default Re: (Little) Peeves !

Well, In know that on the 07 XE you can't change the unlocking feature, only on the XR is this feature available through the DIC. I would imagine the 08 is the same way. I have read where you can have the dealer change it for you. Mine unlock when I take the keys out of the ignition.

On mine, there is a green "car" light that blinks once the vehicle is secure. I don't know if it stays on all the time. But I do know it's there.

2009 GMC SLT2 Acadia (Mine)
Quicksilver - Titanium Leather
Everything

2008 Aura XR (Wifes)
Red Jewel - Tan Leather
Advanced Audio - Sunroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to khansen30's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help khansen30 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
khansen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #3
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE
Default Re: (Little) Peeves !

Thanks KH I'll ask the dealer next time I'm in if they can turnoff the unlock sequence when park engaged (but likely require a nominal fee, of course)

On the '08 XE there is a flashing symbol for 30secs then it turns off to let ya know you did engage, and after 30 seconds it activated ! But nothing left on to warn crackheads, horns will sound if ya break in ! The professionals already know they have up to 2 systems to 'crack'. {unknown third if you left your pet viper or scorpion, loose in the back seat}

_ There is this set of wires --- one connect is off the front of the engine block crossing over the empty space to another connect, possibly the (towing) trans' cooler !
LIKE basically right over the dipstick, bad enough when the airpsace over the dipstick is wideopen, now ya got to miss these wires going in/out. And going out ya have a oily drippy stick !
Even a service rep agreed that was a dumb design !
Going to acquire a length of split plastic conduit for lite electrical wiring and install it on those wires, just to keep the oil off 'dem.

nite,
doug c

Last edited by Doug C; 11-28-2008 at 06:04 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote