SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
larrygto
larrygto is on a distinguished road

Default 08 or 09?

I'm looking to buy Outlook soon, Should I get an 08 or an 09?
08's have rebates, 09's have DI. Is it worth the extra $ for the DI?
Also The Saturn I have now I bought used and was able to negotiate, Will they negotiate on new one's or do you have to pay sticker?
Thanks Larry

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to larrygto's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help larrygto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
larrygto is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: 08 or 09?

it would be nice to have the 09. wait til the 19th and see what the programs are.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
rcdice
rcdice will become famous soon enough

2009 Outlook XR

Larry, I just went through this exact dilemma. Here is how I viewed it:

Personally, there are some options I really want, and others I'd rather not pay for. There is no question that finding an existing 08 on the lot will be a better deal. Better incentives and the 09's have a price increase. I had my local dealer do a search and he did come up with some Outlooks around the country that were "close" to what I was looking for. However, each one had something that didn't seal the deal for me.

I ended up ordering an 09 just the way I want it. The DI engine and rear view camera being part of the convenience package were big plusses for me. I didn't/don't want navigation which was required for the camera in 07/08.

Regarding incentives, etc: When you order, you are really not completing the deal. Once the vehicle arrives on the dealers lot, you buy it based on current promotions at the time. My Outlook should arrive in 4-6 weeks. Whatever rebates, incentives, financing offers, etc. are available then will apply.

Long/short of it is, if I'm going to pay $40k for a vehicle, I might as well get what I REALLY want. So, I ordered. Good luck.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rcdice's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rcdice reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rcdice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:15 AM   #4
leobg
leobg is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR

Here is what are you facing: 08's - the bad thing - you have no much choice - you have to pick from what is available on the lots - you can't order 08 for quite a while now. The good thing - it is going to be available right away and you have good chance to get better deal as dealers would be trying to clear the lots for 09's.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to leobg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help leobg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
leobg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #5
larrygto

Quote:
Originally Posted by leobg View Post
Here is what are you facing: 08's - the bad thing - you have no much choice - you have to pick from what is available on the lots - you can't order 08 for quite a while now. The good thing - it is going to be available right away and you have good chance to get better deal as dealers would be trying to clear the lots for 09's.
I'll be waiting on an 09, But I'm also waiting to see the Traverse it looks good in pictures.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help larrygto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:28 PM   #6
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

08 s are employee price plus 1500 bucks off. nice discount.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-18-2008, 07:41 PM   #7
rcdice

2009 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
08 s are employee price plus 1500 bucks off. nice discount.
Wow, when did that start? Is it employee price or supplier price?

Maybe I should of looked harder at an 08.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help rcdice reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-18-2008, 07:52 PM   #8
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

employee price plus 1500 starts wednesday thru 9/2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #9
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
employee price plus 1500 starts wednesday thru 9/2
The example in the post I put on the General discussion forum was buy a $44k Enclave for $39k... You may get more discount on an Outlook since their sales have been slow, and the Enclave's sales has been doing quite well!

During the Olympics I noticed the TV commercials for the Chevrolet Traverse, it looks a lot like the Enclave with a smiling Chevy front end...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:53 PM   #10
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

employee price plus 1500 of is close to 5k with saturn pricing. probably closer to 6k on a buick with regular gm pricing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-18-2008, 09:30 PM   #11
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
employee price plus 1500 of is close to 5k with saturn pricing. probably closer to 6k on a buick with regular gm pricing.
I would wait until the end of the year. With leasing disappearing GM is going to become alot more desperate as time goes on. I am hoping when my lease is up this December an '09 Outlook will be $6000 or $7000 below MSRP + 0% (plus about $2000 in GM points I have). No biggie the incentives aren't there in December, I'll just look for something else.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #12
larrygto

After reading the Bad cam thread I think I'll wait to see if the 09's are any better? Is the DI engine a completely different engine or a modified version of the old one?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-19-2008, 01:15 PM   #13
rcdice

2009 Outlook XR

The Direct Injection technology is a modification of the current engine. This appears to be a logical next step for the combustion engine. More HP, more TQ and better fuel economy, who wouldn't want that. Porsche, Lamborghini and many other manufacturers are going this route for 09.

I would hope that by the 3rd model year, GM would have the known bugs worked out of this vehicle (water leaks and cams). We'll see. Honestly, I'm not sure how wide spread these problems are. My sympathy's go out to anyone who's experienced them, but I believe most Lamda owners have not. When I see a Lamda owner getting in or out of their vehicel in a parking lot, I routinely walk over, introduce myself and ask how they like their vehicle. I've yet to talk with anyone who's had any problems. Small relative sample I know, but important data in my decision to buy none-the-less.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!