SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2008, 10:25 AM   #1
copyman_5
copyman_5 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L
Default How do I disassemble my steering wheel? My horn is stuck BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Hi-
From reading a lot of the posts about horn probs such as this, I've yet to read on that had instructions on how to dismantle the steering wheel to check the contacts which I hear stick frequently.
Funny too...or not...I called Saturn and told them of my problem and that I've heard of literally hundreds of others who've had the same issue. She couldn't find any other Vue's that complained or were repaired for this problem. She did offer, however, for me to bring the vehicle in at my cost---tis all about $$$.

Thanks in advance! Steven

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to copyman_5's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help copyman_5 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
copyman_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
IMkenNY
IMkenNY is on a distinguished road

Default Re: How do I disassemble my steering wheel? My horn is stuck BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

The battery should be disconnected for 30 minutes before removing the airbag.

The air bag is easily removed by inserting a 1/4 inch flat tip screwdriver into the three triangular slots on the back of the column and rotating it 90 degrees to release the spring clips.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to IMkenNY's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help IMkenNY reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
IMkenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #3
gmsuv
gmsuv will become famous soon enough

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default Re: How do I disassemble my steering wheel? My horn is stuck BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Disable the SIR system. Remove the fuse from the BCM .

Rotate the steering wheel until one of the triangular openings is accessable with a small flat-bladed tool.
Insert the small flat-bladed tool into the triangular opening to release the steering wheel inflatable restraint module from the steering wheel.
Rotate the steering wheel 180 degrees and insert the small flat-bladed tool into the triangular opening to release the steering wheel inflatable restraint module from the steering wheel.

Disconnect the horn switch and the inflatable restraint electrical connectors.
Remove the inflatable restraint steering wheel module.

If you need more info I'll be standing by.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gmsuv's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gmsuv reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gmsuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:14 PM   #4
gmsuv
gmsuv will become famous soon enough

2008 VUE 3.6L

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmsuv View Post
Disable the SIR system. Remove the fuse from the BCM .

Rotate the steering wheel until one of the triangular openings is accessable with a small flat-bladed tool.
Insert the small flat-bladed tool into the triangular opening to release the steering wheel inflatable restraint module from the steering wheel.
Rotate the steering wheel 180 degrees and insert the small flat-bladed tool into the triangular opening to release the steering wheel inflatable restraint module from the steering wheel.

Disconnect the horn switch and the inflatable restraint electrical connectors.
Remove the inflatable restraint steering wheel module.

If you need more info I'll be standing by.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gmsuv's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gmsuv reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gmsuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #5
copyman_5
copyman_5 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

Hey many thanks---I'll not be able to get to it till mid week but it sounds fairly simple. If you don't mind I'll keep you informed?
Take care, Steven

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to copyman_5's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help copyman_5 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
copyman_5 is offline   Reply With Quote