SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
08Bluesky
08Bluesky is on a distinguished road

2008 SKY Red Line
Default Footwell Lights

I know it's not a big issue - for there is not much room to loose things in the first place But I was a bit surpised that the Sky did NOT have any footwell lights, nor did I find much mention on many forums..

So here is what I did:

Footwell Lights

Passenger Footwell Light.JPG Passenger Side Underdash Panel.JPG Drivers Back Side.JPG

Used some old Guitar Amp jewel lights that I had sitting around I could change the color caps but right now Im excited just to go capless and have white lights placed where they should have been in the first place.

C3 Uncovered.JPG Foot Light Taps.JPG

I tapped into the Passenger Footwell Fuse panel. Connector C3, The same leads that go to the Rear view Mirror Lights. Looking at the C3 (cover removed)
I used the A3 (Gray) as ground, and A10 (Blue w/ White stripe) +12v Caution -There are a few Gray leads there, however A3 is the ground that fades the overhead lights.

The incandescent bulbs that I added were 3 Watt each So I looked at the present mirror light fuse and found it to be a 10 amp Im thinking its quite safe to just add the lamps without any further fuse adjustments being that together the added lamps only tax the circuit with an additional amp

Kinda nice to see where youre stepping as you enter and exit.

BTW - the extra switch on the drivers side panel shuts the sub amp off - for when listening to talk shows / or my wife

blessings,
joe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 08Bluesky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 08Bluesky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
08Bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2008, 09:22 AM   #2
PortCityShawn
PortCityShawn is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Footwell Lights

Nice post & thanks for showing an easy way to add more style and functionality to the Sky. I would think amber LED's would look great as well...

Shawn

Shawn Beaudoin
eBusiness Manager
Saturn of Portsmouth
Portsmouth, NH

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PortCityShawn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PortCityShawn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PortCityShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #3
OnDaGround
Master Member
OnDaGround has a spectacular aura aboutOnDaGround has a spectacular aura about

1993 SC2

it has started... now you all can come out of hiding and mod your skies. I feel like this place is dead all the time. No one is ever on or commenting on anything. What a sad place to live.

Saturnless...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OnDaGround's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OnDaGround reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OnDaGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:51 PM   #4
OnDaGround
Master Member
OnDaGround has a spectacular aura aboutOnDaGround has a spectacular aura about

1993 SC2

next time.... what is a cool effect. Put like a blue bulb in and wire it to an ignition controlled fuse, thus way its like ground effect in the car all the time they are on if the car is on. It won't kill the battery, or anything like that. It draws next to no power. But would give the car a cool effect. Put darker bulbs in if you want it to be dimmer. Put them under the dash panels, get a couple of em like 4, 2 per side obivously, or if you don't want them to be as bright just put one per side. And tie all of them together. Like a circuit just jump em. I used to be an electrician.

Saturnless...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OnDaGround's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OnDaGround reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OnDaGround is offline   Reply With Quote