SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #41
logbite
logbite is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
Default Re: Worst Service - Ever

I'd like to change the name of this thread to "Best Service ever". Motorcity Saturn in Whitby, Ontario, Canada, has always given me the utmost in care and service since I bought the Outlook in May/2007. They always communicate what they have to do, and the repairs they do are invariably well done. It IS a franchise, owned by a family that demands and receives excellent work and attitude from its employees. After the last visit, they asked me to fill out a survey about the work done on the Outlook and to rate their service department, in general. I filled it out honestly and sent it to GM. They give out a monthly freebie - this time, a free oil and lube! I won it, but that is not why I'm writing this post. They deserve a pat on the back for great work! Let's hear from more people who have had good service, and let the "bad" dealers know that it IS possible and preferable to treat customers with respect.

Outlook XR FWD, charcoal, black leather,
premium seating,
premium plus seating
Dual sunroof,towing package,
cold weather package

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to logbite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help logbite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
logbite is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2008, 04:04 PM   #42
scotted73
Advanced Member
scotted73 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

I'll chime in.

I've had excellent service from:

Saturn of Capitol Expressway, San Jose, CA
Saturn of Lynnwood, WA
Saturn of Virginia Beach, VA
Saturn of Chapel Hill (now Durham/Chapel Hill) NC

2007 Outlook XR AWD Charcoal
Ebony Leather, Captain's Chairs and everything else from the audio/video/convenience world

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to scotted73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help scotted73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
scotted73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #43
NRJIZED
NRJIZED is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line
2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by logbite View Post
I'd like to change the name of this thread to "Best Service ever". Motorcity Saturn in Whitby, Ontario, Canada, has always given me the utmost in care and service since I bought the Outlook in May/2007. They always communicate what they have to do, and the repairs they do are invariably well done. It IS a franchise, owned by a family that demands and receives excellent work and attitude from its employees. After the last visit, they asked me to fill out a survey about the work done on the Outlook and to rate their service department, in general. I filled it out honestly and sent it to GM. They give out a monthly freebie - this time, a free oil and lube! I won it, but that is not why I'm writing this post. They deserve a pat on the back for great work! Let's hear from more people who have had good service, and let the "bad" dealers know that it IS possible and preferable to treat customers with respect.
Might work out better to have a "best service ever" thread of your own and let people list the dealership and the experience. Then people have two resources to use to maybe help them decide what dealerships to use and avoid......

Most people have valid complaints on this thread about either poor construction or poor repair service. We don't need to clog it with the good and the bad.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NRJIZED's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NRJIZED reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NRJIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:55 PM   #44
scotted73
Advanced Member
scotted73 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Another thread to praise good experiences would be a good idea.
And some people do have valid complaints about a bad service expereince. I don't doubt their stories. But some posters take the experience and soapbox it into "Saturn's downfall" and lop all Saturn dealers/service centers into the bad experience.
I can appreciate the need to break up the mob and ensure readers that there are in fact good service centers out there.

2007 Outlook XR AWD Charcoal
Ebony Leather, Captain's Chairs and everything else from the audio/video/convenience world

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to scotted73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help scotted73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
scotted73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:20 AM   #45
logbite
logbite is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

You guys are right - sorry, sixsigma!

Outlook XR FWD, charcoal, black leather,
premium seating,
premium plus seating
Dual sunroof,towing package,
cold weather package

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to logbite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help logbite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
logbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:38 AM   #46
sixsigma
sixsigma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by logbite View Post
You guys are right - sorry, sixsigma!
Nothing to be sorry about. I am glad that you received such great service. Just because mine has been bad so far doesn't mean I want everyone else to suffer. I would prefer that everyone receives great service. That means that Saturn will do well. That also means that Saturn of Orlando might stick out even more for their poor service and GM will get them fixed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sixsigma's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sixsigma reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sixsigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #47
Winsurfer76
Winsurfer76 is on a distinguished road

Don't worry Sixsigma, You are not alone!!
[rant on] I recently brought in my wife's Outlook for service. The CD/DVD player was not taking the CD or it wouldn't eject it when it did. I brought the service guy to the vehicle and had him try to insert a CD (it didn't). At this point, I'm thinking they will replace it. Wrong! He says they will "hook it up to the computer" and check it out. An hour later he says it's ready and that they updated the computer, blah blah, etc. I get in the vehicle and attempt to insert a CD. Still did not work. I'm PO'ed by this time and go get the service guy again!! I tell him that anything less than a replacement would be unacceptable. He agreed and they bring it in the back AGAIN to pull some information from the computer to order the correct unit. The guy calls a week later and said that the wrong radio came in and the correct one would be in by Friday. Friday came and went and no call from the dealership. I guess I'll call them tomorrow and see what else they can mess up. [rant off]

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Winsurfer76's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Winsurfer76 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Winsurfer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:46 PM   #48
Chevy_Rules
Chevy_Rules is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Thanks to this thread I will be avoiding that dealer when I go down to Daytona Beach for college this fall. Thanks sigma.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chevy_Rules's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chevy_Rules reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chevy_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:26 AM   #49
saturnguy
saturnguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_Rules View Post
Thanks to this thread I will be avoiding that dealer when I go down to Daytona Beach for college this fall. Thanks sigma.
Uhmmm, this dealer is no where near Daytona. Go to Saturn of Daytona, they're just a few miles from the Beach on N. Nova Rd.

"Scooter"
Saturn of Port Richey
I HEART MY AVATAR!!
Own-em, Sell-em, Love-em, Race-em & Break-em...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:24 AM   #50
Chevy_Rules
Chevy_Rules is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnguy View Post
Uhmmm, this dealer is no where near Daytona. Go to Saturn of Daytona, they're just a few miles from the Beach on N. Nova Rd.
Oh, I didn't realize there was a dealer near there. When we went down there for a visit, we drove every where and I didn't notice a Saturn dealership. Guess I missed it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chevy_Rules's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chevy_Rules reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chevy_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:12 PM   #51
sixsigma

Indeed it is the Orlando stores that have all of the problems. Daytona Beach is where we bought our Outlook. They work very hard there to take care of everyone. The sales guy Ken is probably the best I have ever dealt with. Everyone else we dealt with was top notch as well.

I do think I know why you missed the dealership when you were there. I guarantee you were not in this part of town!

The store is a complete dump and you would not let your wife walk alone on the sidewalk in front of it. The neighborhood is downright scary. Think of a 50 year old Dodge dealership (or Kmart) that has never been upgraded in a neighborhood where every local store cashes paychecks with liquor. I am sure you think I am exaggerating but when you see it you will truly understand the description. The dealership probably has pretty low overhead though!

That being said, the people at that dealership are very helpful. I would take my car there for service (though I would NOT let my wife go alone) except we are just too far away.

Last edited by sixsigma; 06-23-2008 at 10:19 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help sixsigma reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-30-2008, 02:32 AM   #52
JDub99SL2
Advanced Member
JDub99SL2 is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

Worst service ever? Seriously? Please.

I understand your complaints, but can't believe anyone would waste their time, gas and energy driving 100 miles over tire pressure. Spend $5 and buy your own gauge and inflate them yourself at the local gas station. You should be doing it once a month for optimal tire wear, fuel economy and safety anyway.

Regarding the tire rotation, technically, the best tires should be mounted in the rear.

Additionally, the only accurate way to check coolant level is to let the vehicle sit overnight and verify that it is at the 'Full Cold' level. If it was so low, you should have the system checked out to see where the coolant is going.

If the oil level was at the 'Full' mark when checked 3 minutes after parking, your washer fluid was full and coolant level was somewhere in the acceptable range, I'd say they did the service correctly and you're making a big deal out of nothing. If you are having to 'top off' coolant, there is a larger problem at hand.

FYI, this is hardly the 'worst service ever.' I'm surprised these people didn't tell you to get lost. They did way more for you than they should have over such petty complaints. Worst service ever.... let's see: I have had the pleasure of working on a car Jiffy Lube serviced. They 'topped off' her brake fluid with power steering fluid, which causes a nasty chemical reaction. Her brakes locked up on her while cruising at 70mph down the freeway. $6000, a lawsuit and entire brake system later, her car was back to normal. Or the Subaru crank bolt that was left loose and flew through the radiator. Or the wheels I've seen fall off. I've got way more, but I'm sure you get the point.

As the saying goes, if you want something done right (or in this case, to your exacting standards) do it yourself. Sorry to be a *****, but get real dude.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JDub99SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JDub99SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JDub99SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:25 PM   #53
sixsigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDub99SL2 View Post
Sorry to be a a******
After typing that much, at least you got one thing right. Too bad it was the only thing.

Actually, I do give you credit for making me laugh. That was a pretty good one about worn tires should be on the front of a front wheel drive car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-01-2008, 02:41 PM   #54
JDub99SL2
Advanced Member
JDub99SL2 is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsigma View Post
After typing that much, at least you got one thing right. Too bad it was the only thing.

Actually, I do give you credit for making me laugh. That was a pretty good one about worn tires should be on the front of a front wheel drive car.
It wasn't a joke and is a widely practiced automotive industry standard. It must have been something I picked up working in a tire shop for three years. I implore you to visit any reputable tire shop or automotive service shop and ask their opinion. It is standard procedure for America's Tire and Firestone, amogst others, to put the new tires (if only two are being replaced) in the rear.

In short, the logic of having the best tires in the rear (regardless of drive axle) is that the average driver would have an easier time recovering from understeer than oversteer. That is why almost all modern vehicles are prone to understeer by design.

Of course, its best to rotate your tires regularly so they all wear evenly and replace tires in sets of four.

I read the Road & Track article, but was unable to locate it for you. Here's a decent article with several explanations for the 'best tires on rear' theory.

http://www.wheels.ca/Article%20Category/article/32273

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTiresRear.dos

Last edited by JDub99SL2; 07-01-2008 at 02:46 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JDub99SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JDub99SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JDub99SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:02 PM   #55
N9GUX
N9GUX is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDub99SL2 View Post
Worst service ever? Seriously? Please.

I understand your complaints, but can't believe anyone would waste their time, gas and energy driving 100 miles over tire pressure. Spend $5 and buy your own gauge and inflate them yourself at the local gas station. You should be doing it once a month for optimal tire wear, fuel economy and safety anyway.

As the saying goes, if you want something done right (or in this case, to your exacting standards) do it yourself. Sorry to be a *****, but get real dude.
Maybe this is exactly why we have such lousy customer service by most companies in America today. I just took my 07 Outlook in for a tire rotation, balance and oil change. I noticed when the "mechanic" was rotating my tires he rotated them front to back instead of following the correct criss cross pattern rotation as dictated by the owners manual. When I questioned this with the service advisor I was told they don't do the criss cross anymore and that it is no longer necessary. When I got in the car my tire pressure was 4 pounds off as well. I also now had a vibration between 65 and 70 miles an hour. A vibration that did not exist before I brought it in for service. When I got home I checked the owners manual and made sure the criss cross pattern was still in there. I then called Saturn corporate and asked them why the local dealership in Las Vegas felt that it was unnecessary to follow this procedure. Of course they were all apologetic and when I took the vehicle back everything was corrected.

JDub99SL2 I ask you why would you ever take anything anywhere expecting something to be done right the first time and when it isn't you are expected to just correct the issue yourself? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. When I take my car to the dealer I expect first class service. Not some flunky mechanic who can't even rotate and balance tires. If I don't get this service I will ensure it gets corrected. I don't expect anything for free but I do expect to get what I paid for.

And as far as exacting standards. I don't set the standards Saturn does and if they can't meet them then maybe they should take a serious look at the quality control.

I hate to be an a** but I am tired of the ho hum attitude of people who won't take the time to correct an issue they know was wrong.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to N9GUX's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help N9GUX reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
N9GUX is offline   Reply With Quote