SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
CoronadoSky
CoronadoSky is on a distinguished road

Mad Body Kit - Gravana

We purchased full body kit for our 2008 Sky from Gravana. I brought it into full service body shop for installation. They were unable to get the side panels to fit. "The side panels will not conform" is what the body shop manager told me. I would NOT recommend this product to anyone.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CoronadoSky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CoronadoSky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CoronadoSky is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
SCDYNE
SCDYNE is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY
1997 SC2
Default Re: Body Kit - Gravana

Is that body kit fiberglass or urethane? Maybe if it's urethane it needs to be warmed up a little to match the body lines? If it's fiberglass then it would just be a P.O.S. kit.
Gravana doesn't make the kit, they just donated a car to Aero Duo or another body kit manufacturer to have it made. However It would be expected that Gravana would stand behind the product they put a name on.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SCDYNE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SCDYNE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SCDYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:32 AM   #3
JADEDSL2
JADEDSL2 will become famous soon enough

Location: Sullivan, Missouri, USA, North America, Northern West Hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Left Galactic Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galactic Cluster, Universe

1993 SL2
1991 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoronadoSky View Post
We purchased full body kit for our 2008 Sky from Gravana. I brought it into full service body shop for installation. They were unable to get the side panels to fit. "The side panels will not conform" is what the body shop manager told me. I would NOT recommend this product to anyone.
Sounds like a crappy body shop to me.

"1G8ZJ5472MZ134321"-my Jaded, I will never forget.
"1G8ZF5594PZ249184"-Trinity, for three are now one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JADEDSL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JADEDSL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JADEDSL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
Gravana1
Gravana1 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line
2006 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoronadoSky View Post
Our body kit for the Sky has not yet been released due to delays in modeling? (FYI - We are hiring clay/foam modelers...)

The only Sky kit we currently offer is manufactured by RK Sport, and it is an excellent kit. Please call or email us to discuss, as this is news to us...

Thanks!

Jim

WIDEST_Selection of Saturn_Parts & Accessories_With Low-Price-Match Guarantee!

info@gravanatuning.com

www.gravanatuning.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gravana1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gravana1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gravana1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:15 PM   #5
froggy81500
froggy81500 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Sedan

You gotta be pretty lame to want to put a body kit on an already beautiful car such as a Sky.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to froggy81500's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help froggy81500 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
froggy81500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:41 PM   #6
Khellendrose
Khellendrose is on a distinguished road

How is that lame? How many people out there mod or add things to great cars like corvettes, lotus's etc? Lots. What would be lame is not doing what one wants and likes to do. If it is really lame to add to a great car and make it even better then why bother having more then one brand of car out there and style?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Khellendrose's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Khellendrose reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Khellendrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #7
Gravana1
Gravana1 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line
2006 VUE Red Line

To each their own opinion. It all comes down to personalization. Our customers don't want to drive a stock_vehicle. Our body_kit customers look at a stock_SKy and see a blank canvas. They want to add products to make it their own, from wheels_and stereo_systems, to body_kits and carbon_fiber hood_vents.

There are two Gravana body_kit designs for the_Sky.

This one:

and this one:

We have been on the fence about which one to build. However, with over 200 inquiries and requests for the latter, we decided to pull the trigger on the kit you see on the red Sky. (With a few minor changes to accomodate OEM fog lamps, etc.) This body kit design is the same one that was rendered by the original Sky designer, and shown on our red SEMA_Sky_Project_Car. It was too aggressive and also too close to some Corvette styles, so it was never produced by GM. Quite often, aftermarket companies like Gravana work with OEs to bring these projects to market. In this case, Gravana worked with GM's in-house designers to build the body_kit that so many people wanted. Look for this kit to be released later this year either direct from us or from your local Saturn_Retailer.

Jim

WIDEST_Selection of Saturn_Parts & Accessories_With Low-Price-Match Guarantee!

info@gravanatuning.com

www.gravanatuning.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gravana1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gravana1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gravana1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #8
Khellendrose
Khellendrose is on a distinguished road

Now if only you made some for my 2001 SC2 also lol

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Khellendrose's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Khellendrose reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Khellendrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #9
RPIpower
RPIpower is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravana1 View Post
To each their own opinion. It all comes down to personalization. Our customers don't want to drive a stock_vehicle. Our body_kit customers look at a stock_SKy and see a blank canvas. They want to add products to make it their own, from wheels_and stereo_systems, to body_kits and carbon_fiber hood_vents.

There are two Gravana body_kit designs for the_Sky.

This one:

and this one:

We have been on the fence about which one to build. However, with over 200 inquiries and requests for the latter, we decided to pull the trigger on the kit you see on the red Sky. (With a few minor changes to accomodate OEM fog lamps, etc.) This body kit design is the same one that was rendered by the original Sky designer, and shown on our red SEMA_Sky_Project_Car. It was too aggressive and also too close to some Corvette styles, so it was never produced by GM. Quite often, aftermarket companies like Gravana work with OEs to bring these projects to market. In this case, Gravana worked with GM's in-house designers to build the body_kit that so many people wanted. Look for this kit to be released later this year either direct from us or from your local Saturn_Retailer.

Jim
I like the red one better too so good choice. Looking at the corners though, what are you guys going to do about the brake cooler ducts?

Eloy
Sky 2.4GT 421whp@28psi 91 octane

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RPIpower's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RPIpower reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RPIpower is offline   Reply With Quote