SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2008, 09:19 AM   #1
07Outlook AWD
07Outlook AWD is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
Default New Outlook Owner - Question?

Hello, Just purchased a 2007 Outlook AWD XR from the dealer with 8K miles. I love the vehicle but have noticed a little lag in the pickup from a stop.

Second question, I picked up a "Improve Your Gas Mileage Module" on ebay for $9. Says it could improve my mileage up to 10 mpg. I would be happy with 3-4, but I can't seem to find the IAT, MAT, or AIT sensor for installation.

Any input is appreciated.

Greg

Last edited by 07Outlook AWD; 02-16-2008 at 09:29 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 07Outlook AWD's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 07Outlook AWD reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
07Outlook AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2008, 09:56 AM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: New Outlook Owner - Question?

if it improved mileage up to 10mpg gm would us it

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Outlook AWD View Post
Second question, I picked up a "Improve Your Gas Mileage Module" on ebay for $9. Says it could improve my mileage up to 10 mpg. I would be happy with 3-4, but I can't seem to find the IAT, MAT, or AIT sensor for installation.
Oh, please, throw that away and forget you ever went on Ebay to look for such things.

They're just little pieces of junk that give no benefit, aside from the Ebay seller who can sell them to anyone and everyone who doesn't know.

If there was a module, chip, etc. that could improve mileage even a touch...it would already be there in the first place.

Otherwise...on the lag, try and check with a Saturn dealer to see if the latest transmission calibration has been programmed in.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:22 PM   #4
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member
ThePlainsman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach109 View Post
Oh, please, throw that away and forget you ever went on Ebay to look for such things.

They're just little pieces of junk that give no benefit, aside from the Ebay seller who can sell them to anyone and everyone who doesn't know.

If there was a module, chip, etc. that could improve mileage even a touch...it would already be there in the first place.

Otherwise...on the lag, try and check with a Saturn dealer to see if the latest transmission calibration has been programmed in.
Good advice from Beach. Listen to Beach, dude. Have your dealer or Saturn (you can call the company) run your VIN for trans updates.

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2008 Acura RDX-Tech, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2002 Nissan Altiima V6, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ThePlainsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ThePlainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:36 AM   #5
07Outlook AWD

2007 Outlook XR

Thanks for your input, but you ALL can't actually believe there isnt a way to increase MPH and the actual manufacturer isn't sharing it, do you??

If every vehicle got 30 mpg I am sure "BIG MONEY" companies would be having a fit!!!

The other thing that "they" don't tell you, to increase mpg and horsepower also means increasing emmisions into the ozone!!!

They regulate every peice of your life, you can't be that niave to think it doesnt carry over into the amount of fuel your car burns, can you?

I'll keep you posted, once I figure out how to install the "module", it will either work, or it won't and I will scramble back here with the results. Good, Bad or indifferent!!!

Cheers!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 07Outlook AWD reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #6
mchappell
mchappell is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

Look out for the black helicopters...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mchappell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mchappell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mchappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #7
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

Oh dear lord...let's not go off the deep end of crazy. Not everything is a big conspiracy.

"Chips" like you purchased are nothing but junk, as I said, that are like a lot of 99 cent store trinkets...universal, don't really do anything, and are just sold in huge numbers to make a few people some bucks.

Use it if you please...but what will happen is you'll a) waste time and energy, b) possibly break something, c) cause a new problem from disconnecting something, d) THINK you made an improvement...when in reality it's just your head, e) etc.

Some of us actually are also engineers (myself, at least), and are a little more intelligent to know what does what, how, and why, and junk modules are not it with fuel economy.

SOME things are possible, particularly in the way of more efficient exhaust and intake systems for improving mileage marginally, because of small constrictions and things that have to be done to meet OEM noise, etc. specs, but there's not much.

So, still, welcome...but from an engineer's perspective, that module is magic beans. Trust us. If there was a magic pill, etc., one of the thousands of Lambda crossover owners would already know about it. Buying those kind of things off of Ebay or the internet in general is con artist child's play.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:03 PM   #8
sixsigma
sixsigma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Outlook AWD View Post
you ALL can't actually believe there isnt a way to increase MPH and the actual manufacturer isn't sharing it, do you??
Seriously, you all can't believe that the car companies are not blocking teleportation as well?? And while we are on confirmed facts like this, I think we should also demand that the car companies come clean about their anti-gravity cars. We would be flying by now if it weren't for them.

Remember this, GM makes money by selling cars, not oil. GM also has to go public with ALL of their financials. If "big oil" were paying off GM, then that amount of cash would have been found by someone. It has not. There are no payoffs. The car companies have ZERO reason to keep the mileage down. Something called physics is involved. There are no men behind the curtains keeping us hooked on oil. They are too busy keeping mchappell's helicopter blades from making any noise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sixsigma's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sixsigma reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sixsigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:16 PM   #9
07Outlook AWD

2007 Outlook XR

ok,ok,ok,
call off the dogs!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!