SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Polls and Questions
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win Super Bowl XLII?
Patriots 27 34.62%
Giants 36 46.15%
Don't Care 15 19.23%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2008, 11:59 AM   #21
thatjerryguy
thatjerryguy will become famous soon enoughthatjerryguy will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Who do you want to win Super Bowl XLII?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdbursh View Post
BUT, the G'Men have to execute in the "red zone", they cannot match field goals with Brady and company's touch downs.
Good point. San Diego probably would have beaten New England if they scored 3 TDs inside the red zone instead of kicking 3 field goals. That would have changed the complexion of the game and with the Chargers defense playing as well as they did, Brady might have been in trouble if he was forced to pass more.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thatjerryguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thatjerryguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thatjerryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #22
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL
Thumbs Down Re: Who do you want to win Super Bowl XLII?

I really could care less now that the regular season is over:

Tom Brady and the Patriots are cheaters anyway...after Jet-Gate; how can anyone take any of their wins seriously? They cheated this entire season, and it's a shame that Roger Goodell didn't suspend Bellicheat for the entire season after the Patriots/Jets game where it was found that the Patriots had Cameras on the sidelines of the Jets trying to get their plays....

What a bunch of losers! I hope Brady's foot doesn't hold up, so some backup schmuck QB for the Patriots helps them lose.

As for Eli Manning and the Giants? Eli Manning is over-rated and shouldn't even be PLAYING in the NFL...what a poor excuse for a QB; and he will always be behind his brother Peyton anyway....The NFL would have been better off if the Manning brothers had never joined the game....Eli especially is over-rated and a horrible QB; that is so green and wet behind the ears that he reminds me of a high school QB that has never played a day of football in his entire life.

Super Bowl 42 is going to be a big YAWN this year....mainly because there are two teams that are highly over-rated; and not worth the 2 hours of a football game to even watch.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:41 PM   #23
bobl61
bobl61 is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.6L

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverION1 View Post
Patriots.

The last thing I wanna see is another Manning whoring himself out for TV commercials.
LOL...I heard that, but I'm still going GIANTS!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bobl61's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bobl61 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bobl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:09 PM   #24
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

A Patriot victory would be anticlimactic. Has the Kraft family ownership plotted out the parade route through Boston yet?

After a Detroit winter, the No Fun League couldn't wait to get back to the warm. Tampa and Arizona, then Georgia and Miami the next two years. Wusses.

I voted 'don't care'. It would be nice if the fifth-seed G-Men pull off an upset like they did in '91 against the favored Bills. I'm not holding my breath. It should be close like last time, but SB 42 is New England's to lose.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

Last edited by GR898SL2; 01-23-2008 at 08:15 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:42 PM   #25
mkuz13
Advanced Member
mkuz13 is on a distinguished road

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR898SL2 View Post

After a Detroit winter, the No Fun League couldn't wait to get back to the warm. Tampa and Arizona, then Georgia and Miami the next two years. Wusses.
Last year they held the Super Bowl at Dolphin Stadium in Miami.

It would be an interesting game if they held a Super Bowl game in a open stadium from either the upper mid-west or northeast

Want more gun control? Then use both hands.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mkuz13's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mkuz13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mkuz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:57 PM   #26
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NDSOUT View Post
As for Eli Manning and the Giants? Eli Manning is over-rated and shouldn't even be PLAYING in the NFL...what a poor excuse for a QB;
That can't be right! He doesn't play for the Lions. It just sounds like you're describing every Lions QB I've ever seen.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote