SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2008, 11:46 PM   #81
outlook33
outlook33 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
Default Re: Outlook - Gas mileage problems??

If your commute is dead flat and you do not have one stop light at all then you might get close to 25 but if you have to stop more than about 2 or 3 times you can forget it. I don't care how psychotic you are about the tac it will not happen. It may work on the SC1 but you are comparing apples to oranges there. If you have not driven the Outlook then you need to drive it and try it. When the tac gets low enough it is going to gear down and you cannot stop it and the DIC will show the mileage drop. Believe me, one day I tried to be as easy as possible and after a few stop and goes it was down to low 20's or upper teens on mpg. Good luck to ya though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to outlook33's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help outlook33 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
outlook33 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2008, 09:21 AM   #82
khansen30
khansen30 is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlook33 View Post
It may work on the SC1 but you are comparing apples to oranges there. If you have not driven the Outlook then you need to drive it and try it. When the tac gets low enough it is going to gear down and you cannot stop it and the DIC will show the mileage drop. Believe me, one day I tried to be as easy as possible and after a few stop and goes it was down to low 20's or upper teens on mpg. Good luck to ya though.
My first Saturn was a 97 SW1. Best mileage we got in the city was when we lived in Salt Lake City (we got 20MPG on average). Over the last 2 years I was lucky to get 14 here in Amarillo. I did have 75,000 on it but the engine was in great shape and maintained on a regular basis (gas types here and lower altitude played a major role in the decline in MPG). I still got around 30 -35 on the highway with that car. The fact I didn't get good mileage in the city is why I choose the Outlook to begin with. If I can get the same city mileage and close to the highway (best on the Outlook has been 28) mileage, why not drive a much nicer and bigger vehicle? Short of getting a vehicle with little power and no room to breathe your not going to get better mileage. We traded in my wifes Galant for an 08 Aura XE with the 2.6 for the same reason.

Besides, if the price of gas were to come down, this thread would not even have been started and the Outlook would probably not have been designed to get the good mileage it gets anyway. By the way, I tried the whole keeping the TAC below 2500 all the time and got even worst mileage. I a just going to drive and enjoy the ride.

2009 GMC SLT2 Acadia (Mine)
Quicksilver - Titanium Leather
Everything

2008 Aura XR (Wifes)
Red Jewel - Tan Leather
Advanced Audio - Sunroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to khansen30's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help khansen30 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
khansen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #83
outlook33
outlook33 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

That is exactly what I am doing is driving the Outlook and enjoying the ride. I stopped worrying about the mpg. My father-in-law has a Tahoe. It is a nice vehicle but the thing drinks gas. Mileage is much lower on average than the Outlook according to him. If I need to just run around town I sometimes will drive my wifes car which gets better mpg. But as far as the ride and comfort of the Outlook I would not trade it for any other crossover or suv right now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to outlook33's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help outlook33 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
outlook33 is offline   Reply With Quote