SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2008, 07:27 AM   #1
100MileVueOwner
100MileVueOwner is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XE
Default Just traded the '06 Vue for an '08 Outlook

I just traded in my (our) 2006 AWD Vue for a 2008 FWD Outlook (Garnet). I'm loving the added space, the quietness and fit and finish of this new vehicle. The Vue was starting to creak and rattle a little, and I hate noises in my car.
After careful consideration, the FWD XE seemed the model that best suited our needs (1 - 2year old, and another due in August). Two things I do miss however are fog lights and the roof rails. Are these available as individual purchases? My dealer said that he could get roof rails, but I've looked all over the net and nothing so far.
Also, any suggestions at installing fog lights, is it easy, feasible and worth it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 100MileVueOwner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 100MileVueOwner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
100MileVueOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
Kevin 2007 XR
Kevin 2007 XR is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
Default Re: Just traded the '06 Vue for an '08 Outlook

Congrats on the purchase. You'll love it.

The fog lights should be no problem. But from what I have read, the roof rails may be expensive and difficult to add. A search of this forum and also http://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/ may give you some answers to what is involved in adding them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kevin 2007 XR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kevin 2007 XR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kevin 2007 XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:11 AM   #3
100MileVueOwner
100MileVueOwner is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XE

Any suggestions on where to purchase, or which fog lights would be best suited to the Outlook?
I suppose anything that lights up would be fine, but something with a good bang-for-buck value is always appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 100MileVueOwner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 100MileVueOwner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
100MileVueOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:55 PM   #4
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, roof rails are really an integral to production item, so adding them after is a bit more than just bolting something up. But seems doable.

This isn't Saturn, but this shows a listing of the rails for an Acadia:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

As for foglights...I guess aftermarket is the choice there, unless you can somehow add in the ones that come on XR models.

I really wish ALL Outlooks would just come with the rails and a power driver's seat as standard...yeah, it'd add a couple hundred to the sticker, or as a Saturn, it should just be worked in there somehow. Without, people always want to add the things and it's much more of a hassle--or just not possible--had it been there in the first place.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:41 PM   #5
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach109 View Post
As for foglights...I guess aftermarket is the choice there, unless you can somehow add in the ones that come on XR models.

I really wish ALL Outlooks would just come with the rails and a power driver's seat as standard...yeah, it'd add a couple hundred to the sticker, or as a Saturn, it should just be worked in there somehow. Without, people always want to add the things and it's much more of a hassle--or just not possible--had it been there in the first place.
The lack of foglights not being standard baffles me. A $35,000 vehicle and GM makes you get a "package" (here in Canada anyway) if you want them? C'mon, its nickel and diming at its worst.... I am sure any auto detailing shop can fix you up with some but its disappointing that Saturn has gone this route.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:40 AM   #6
scotted73
Advanced Member
scotted73 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealvue View Post
The lack of foglights not being standard baffles me. A $35,000 vehicle and GM makes you get a "package" (here in Canada anyway) if you want them? C'mon, its nickel and diming at its worst.... I am sure any auto detailing shop can fix you up with some but its disappointing that Saturn has gone this route.
If you check out Toyota (Highlander) and Honda (Pilot) you'll find their base models do not include fog lights which become standard at the $30,000+ (US) mark.

I do agree that the roof rails should be standard regardless of the level you are purchasing.

2007 Outlook XR AWD Charcoal
Ebony Leather, Captain's Chairs and everything else from the audio/video/convenience world

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to scotted73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help scotted73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
scotted73 is offline   Reply With Quote