SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2007, 10:41 AM   #61
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Are You Sure You'd Rather Have An Enclave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd09 View Post
what little details?
Big part is just one of those "perception" things you either get, or you don't, in the first 5 minutes. For me it was the look inside & out, the seats (cloth was HUGELY different and improved over the Acadia & Outlook stuff, and they felt a touch better cushioned), richer interior ambiance in styling, trim, materials, and lighting color (again, not huge, but big enough of a change), the extremely hushed noise levels and lack of even much tire thumping over bumps, and a few other things.

Those are the "little" things to me, that were just striking--at least comparing a cloth to cloth model. This part makes a difference, because as said, a leather lined Outlook vs. Enclave seem much more common to me, at least in interior feel--but the Buick still seems richer. Again, the small things...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #62
compnurd09
compnurd09 is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach109 View Post
Big part is just one of those "perception" things you either get, or you don't, in the first 5 minutes. For me it was the look inside & out, the seats (cloth was HUGELY different and improved over the Acadia & Outlook stuff, and they felt a touch better cushioned), richer interior ambiance in styling, trim, materials, and lighting color (again, not huge, but big enough of a change), the extremely hushed noise levels and lack of even much tire thumping over bumps, and a few other things.

Those are the "little" things to me, that were just striking--at least comparing a cloth to cloth model. This part makes a difference, because as said, a leather lined Outlook vs. Enclave seem much more common to me, at least in interior feel--but the Buick still seems richer. Again, the small things...

i got that in both cars. Enclave had all those little details my XR had

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to compnurd09's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help compnurd09 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
compnurd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:55 PM   #63
beach109
Advanced Member

Well, then, you should be happy as a clam with the Outlook

It's a fantastic vehicle, and I'm a big fan...but when WE experienced the Enclave, going back to the Outlook or Acadia actually feels like settling. It was just all those "little" things, that made it the ONE. I was actually just thinking, hey, I should have my mother look at another Acadia/Outlook just to play with again...but I already know, after the drive of both, she'd never consider either vs. the Buick that had her gleaming.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:01 PM   #64
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member
ThePlainsman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, then, you should be happy as a clam with the Outlook

It's a fantastic vehicle, and I'm a big fan...but when WE experienced the Enclave, going back to the Outlook or Acadia actually feels like settling. It was just all those "little" things, that made it the ONE. I was actually just thinking, hey, I should have my mother look at another Acadia/Outlook just to play with again...but I already know, after the drive of both, she'd never consider either vs. the Buick that had her gleaming.
Good for your mom. Some of us would never consider the Enclave.

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2008 Acura RDX-Tech, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2002 Nissan Altiima V6, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ThePlainsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ThePlainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:17 PM   #65
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd09 View Post
what little details?
I like the chrome on the side windows and the grille and around the lights.
I like the analog clock.
I like the shape of the side windows.
I shouldn't have said it's better. I prefer it

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:11 PM   #66
beach109
Advanced Member

Again, all in the little things, and WHICH little things you like more

That's the best part of having 3 versions. Same pricing, essentially, and general equipment levels, but all unique enough for everyone to get the one they like the most. Whether that be GMC, Saturn, Buick...or Chevy.

Brand differentiation at its best, big time, because the general large crossover segment is the hottest thing going right now and should continue to be.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-05-2007, 06:10 AM   #67
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member
ThePlainsman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Again, all in the little things, and WHICH little things you like more

That's the best part of having 3 versions. Same pricing, essentially, and general equipment levels, but all unique enough for everyone to get the one they like the most. Whether that be GMC, Saturn, Buick...or Chevy.

Brand differentiation at its best, big time, because the general large crossover segment is the hottest thing going right now and should continue to be.
That's why it makes no sense to try to convince people that one brand of the exact same vehicle with different sheet metal styling is better than another. If you can afford a loaded Outlook XR, which costs in the 40s, you can afford a loaded Enclave,which also costs in the 40s. So how is one a higher caliber than the other?

But like you said, it's which little things (like styling) you like the most. I can't stand the way Buicks look, and that includes the Enclave. Buicks are ugly, and when I'm in one I feel old, which is why I bought an Outlook XR. If Outlook didn't exist, I would've bought a loaded Acadia. I don't care for the trucky image of that big GMC in the middle of the grille and the front end isn't that attractive, and I can't stand the look of all that interior faux chrome, but it's preferable to ancient Buick. Every white-haired, senior citizen I know drives some kind of Buick, LeSabre being the most popular.

I'll leave the Enclave to grandma. I'm sure my mom and mom-in-law would also prefer the Enclave, which is exactly why I wouldn't buy one.

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2008 Acura RDX-Tech, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2002 Nissan Altiima V6, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather

Last edited by ThePlainsman; 10-05-2007 at 06:19 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ThePlainsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ThePlainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #68
jf7fsu
jf7fsu is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

I read this thread with a chuckle. People on a Saturn board trying to convince Outlook owners that the Buick is perferable to their beloved Outlooks. Not gonna happen. The Plainsman is a hardcore Outlook owner and so am I. I love my XR and obviously did not care for the Buick's styling as do most Outlook owners. With that being said, my comments are the following about all three Lambda's:

OUTLOOK:
I prefer:
The agressive macho grille of the Outlook. It looks great.
The wrap around rear glass window.
The fake wood interior looks good to my eyes and everyone who gets in comments on it positively.
The taillights
The square dual exhaust
I dislike the XE stainless steel interior, too easy to scratch up.

Acadia:
I dislike the round rear LED tailights.
I dislike the front of the Acadia including the Grille.
I dislike the way the dash is laid out and the color.
I wish I had the HUD.

ENCLAVE:
I dislike the roundness of the exterior styling
I dislike the round portholes
I really dislike the Enclave Grille
I wish I had the 4/45 warrany
I wish I had the extra sound dampening (not that the Outlook is loud)

All in all I made the right choice for me. People can debate this until the end of time. All three are excellent vehicles and none really stands out except the Buick because of the warranty.

But again, don't come on a Saturn board and expect sympathy from Outlook owners, we're not buying it.

Outlook XR Cocoa/Black, Touring Pkg, Leather, Convenience Pkg, Premium Pkg, Molded Mudguards, Sidesteps, Remote Start, Hood Deflector, GMPP

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jf7fsu's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jf7fsu reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jf7fsu is offline   Reply With Quote