SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2007, 11:35 AM   #41
bike_colo
bike_colo is on a distinguished road

Default Re: So, How's that Transmission?

I own a 2007 XR FWD Outlook and couldn't be more pleased. I also have a hyundai Santa Fe....new transmission $2500 bucks at 70 thousand miles! I sent the factory a registered letter with all my service bills and they just ignored it! BE PREPARED for high service bills with the Santa Fe. My 30/60 thousand mile service intervals cost me $1800.00 dollars (probably a little less with the new timing chain instead of the belt). I tried out a the mazda and the new Santa Fe and they weren't in the same class as the Saturn Outlook. This is our fourth new saturn and we have never been more satisfied with a car company!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bike_colo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bike_colo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bike_colo is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2007, 05:34 PM   #42
VMMVMMM
VMMVMMM is on a distinguished road

Default Re: So, How's that Transmission?

Aren't we talking about the transmission software, here?

I had ours reflashed today and can tell a huge difference, it is very nice. Previously on a flat grade, when accelerating from stop to about 60mph, with constant pressure on the accelerator, it would upshift two gears at about 40mph and acceleration would essentially stop and I'd have to deeply depress the accelerator again to regain acceleration. With the reflash, I can depress the accelerator as I would in any car and see continuous acceleration until I decide to back off.

Don't know how this will affect mpg, although so far today I don't see any differences, but I love how the transmission controls the car now. This issue has been one of two that almost make me want to sell the car. The other is the stupid open tracks for the second row seats that gather and trap dropped small items - THAT was a truly idiotic design that can't be corrected by a software reflash, unfortunately. Otherwise, I love the car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VMMVMMM's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VMMVMMM reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VMMVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote