SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2007, 02:10 PM   #41
paulstefano
paulstefano is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XE
Default Decision Made/Outlook Ordered

Well,

I made the decision to factory order a 2008 XE Outlook AWD. I got the preferred pacakge, the DVD w/advanced audio (that includes dual climate control) and cloth seats. Exterior Cocoa, Interior Brown Cloth with Captain's chairs.

In the end the cheaper base price plus the interior styling (no chrome!) and colors (brown cloth available) won out.

Plus, after visiting a 2nd Saturn dealer, the same one from whom I bought my VUE although they are 30 miles away, they were much more helpful, and actually CALLED ME BACK!

Good Work Saturn of Glen Burnie, MD.

Thanks to all who took the time to answer my questions.

paul

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to paulstefano's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help paulstefano reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
paulstefano is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2007, 02:14 PM   #42
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Torn...Outlook or Acadia

I'm glad you made your choice, enjoy!

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:57 PM   #43
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

As I said on the Acadia board, great move, and great choices.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:48 AM   #44
thebrakeman
thebrakeman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd09 View Post
Too be honest, i test drove both the enclave and the acadia before getting the outlook on the highway and local road back the dealership, and i didnt notice a noise difference. They all let in the same type and amount of noise.

The Acadia dealership made notice of the buick sound deadning and how great is supposed to be but me and my wife heard the same amount of road noise and wind noise in all 3 trucks(all 3 are very good at blocking out the wind noise)

The 3 key features the buick guy told us about for the sound, the outlook has as well.

1. Thicker windshield
2. extra sound proof behind engine
3. extra sound foam in the doors.

The GMC guys made no mention of these for the acadia but like i said, all 3 models performed the same
It makes sense that they could put the same items in each vehicle, being made at the same plant (I assume?). But when the Buick is advertising that they have "thicker/extra this and that" what are they comparing it to? The Rendevous? A Ford Freestar?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thebrakeman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thebrakeman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thebrakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:57 AM   #45
thebrakeman
thebrakeman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlainsman View Post
How does Buick rate as an "upscale" brand? Buick cars don't cost any more than Chevys. If Buick is upscale, the word must've acquired a new definition.

Infiniti is upscale; BMW is upscale; Audi is upscale; Mercedes Benz is upscale. Buick ain't upscale.
Please don't be offended by the word "upscale". It's all marketing! I agree that the Outlook, Acadia, and Enclave are essentially the same vehicles. But vehicles like the Enclave are marketed toward a customer that want's some exclusivity. Maybe that's just more standard features, even though you know similarly optioned Outlooks will cost just as much as an Enclave or Acadia. It's a game, and some people fall for it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thebrakeman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thebrakeman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thebrakeman is offline   Reply With Quote