SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2007, 04:29 PM   #61
darnell89
darnell89 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
Default Re: Shopping for Another Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstefano View Post
Loved my 2003 Murano until...

Last week when the CVT transmission failed completely at 40,000 miles.

I now am seriously re-thinking my opinion of that car. I have much more faith in my 2005 VUE!
WOW!!! Thats why I brought a SATURN. Never leaving them hopefully

SATURN FAN 4 LYFE (Darnell)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to darnell89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help darnell89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
darnell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2007, 05:50 PM   #62
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell89 View Post
Yeah u might have to wait a little longer till it comes out but I think it will be a really hot luxury sedan expecially Hyundai's first ever. So it's really going to be nice. The concept pics look really nice so imagine the real thing.
A little longer? Like 2 or 3 years at the very least. probably longer than that even and then do you really want the first ever of that type of car from a company, especially Hyundai? Also their first ever V8. I've seen the pics and write-ups and it is very nice, but if I was in the Pliansman's position, I would not hold out for it.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #63
darnell89

1996 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzzy View Post
A little longer? Like 2 or 3 years at the very least. probably longer than that even and then do you really want the first ever of that type of car from a company, especially Hyundai? Also their first ever V8. I've seen the pics and write-ups and it is very nice, but if I was in the Pliansman's position, I would not hold out for it.

Yeah I know Hyundai has had their problem's in the past but they are doing really good now and yes it their first V8 but that can be a good thing or a bad thing and plus if anything goes wrong with the engine it backed by a 10 year warranty. But it shouldn't go bad because if Hyundai nows better to do something wrong with a new luxury line-up to the company it can mess up big time with their rupitation and no one would buy a Hyundai because some people would try something different cheaper to save but also want something that last for a longtime and very nice as well. So if Hyundai is taking a risk but thats what car company's do to see how it works out but knowing Hyundai it should be a sucess for them because the new line up they have now is pretty good.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help darnell89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-12-2007, 06:06 PM   #64
dwdokc
dwdokc is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

I am in a similar situation - only about a year away. The Outback will go to the kid and the wife will take over the Outlook.

I am really interested in the soon to be released VW Tiguan. It is a smaller version of the Touareg - not really but you get the idea. It will have AWD and I am 90% sure it will have a TDI option. I am really hoping it will live up to its promise. With a 60 mile commute - diesel might be the way to go.

I know VW has had some quality issues, but so has Saturn and I have an Outlook sitting in my driveway because they seem to have turned things around.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dwdokc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dwdokc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dwdokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #65
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member
ThePlainsman is on a distinguished road

This weekend, I took the new Mercedes Benz C300 Sport for a test drive. The model I drove was 38K sticker, less than my Outlook. I did like it. Add 2000 for the 4Matic (AWD) and it's still cheaper than my Outlook. Add the package with the bi-Xenon headlights and I'm only a few hundred higher than the Outlook.

That was a mighty fine car. Redesigned inside and out except for the engine which is the only thing leftover from the previous 300 C-Class.

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2008 Acura RDX-Tech, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2002 Nissan Altiima V6, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ThePlainsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ThePlainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:23 AM   #66
darnell89

1996 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlainsman View Post
This weekend, I took the new Mercedes Benz C300 Sport for a test drive. The model I drove was 38K sticker, less than my Outlook. I did like it. Add 2000 for the 4Matic (AWD) and it's still cheaper than my Outlook. Add the package with the bi-Xenon headlights and I'm only a few hundred higher than the Outlook.

That was a mighty fine car. Redesigned inside and out except for the engine which is the only thing leftover from the previous 300 C-Class.
See I think the mercedes is the right choice. The mercedes is a nice vehicle and the new C-class is a very nice sedan.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-13-2007, 01:19 AM   #67
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell89 View Post
Yeah I know Hyundai has had their problem's in the past but they are doing really good now and yes it their first V8 but that can be a good thing or a bad thing and plus if anything goes wrong with the engine it backed by a 10 year warranty. But it shouldn't go bad because if Hyundai nows better to do something wrong with a new luxury line-up to the company it can mess up big time with their rupitation and no one would buy a Hyundai because some people would try something different cheaper to save but also want something that last for a longtime and very nice as well. So if Hyundai is taking a risk but thats what car company's do to see how it works out but knowing Hyundai it should be a sucess for them because the new line up they have now is pretty good.
SOME of their current line-up is pretty good. Since the new car would be their top of the heap, one would expect them to make sure everything is perfect. They might, but I would still not be lining up to get one.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:45 AM   #68
darnell89

1996 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzzy View Post
SOME of their current line-up is pretty good. Since the new car would be their top of the heap, one would expect them to make sure everything is perfect. They might, but I would still not be lining up to get one.
lol yeah thats right because alot of car company cars don't do so go on the first year to launch.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-17-2007, 10:30 PM   #69
Bumble78
Bumble78 is on a distinguished road

Have you thought about a MINI? The resale value is great, I totaled my 2002 and got $1000 more then the MSRP when it was new. Gas mileage is ok. The fun factor cant be beat. And the full maintenance warranty for the first 4 years/50,000, wipers, oil, fluids, brakes, rotors, pretty much everything but tires. And they are fun to drive. If we weren't expecting our 4th kid, I would be looking at getting a second MINI instead of a Bigger SUV. Just a new guys $.02

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bumble78's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bumble78 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bumble78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:47 PM   #70
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member
ThePlainsman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble78 View Post
Have you thought about a MINI? The resale value is great, I totaled my 2002 and got $1000 more then the MSRP when it was new. Gas mileage is ok. The fun factor cant be beat. And the full maintenance warranty for the first 4 years/50,000, wipers, oil, fluids, brakes, rotors, pretty much everything but tires. And they are fun to drive. If we weren't expecting our 4th kid, I would be looking at getting a second MINI instead of a Bigger SUV. Just a new guys $.02
Welcome new guy! No, I don't think a Mini (as in Mini Cooper?) is for me. Too low to the ground. I have a herniated disk. Getting lower than a sports sedan is not for me.

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2008 Acura RDX-Tech, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2002 Nissan Altiima V6, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ThePlainsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ThePlainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:18 PM   #71
darnell89

1996 SL2

I almost forgot about the Chrysler 300 Limited or C comes with HID lights, GPS, & AWD. Yeah you might spend $36-45,000. Pretty cool for the price.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!