SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #1
Robertmoss
Robertmoss is on a distinguished road

Default P0455 Code

I own a 2003 L series sedan, 4cylnder. My check engine light came on with code P0445 I know its a Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (gross leak). I read up in the forums but not sure this is directly addressed as this cant be just a loose gas cap. Anyone have any info on this code, do I need to rush to get it fixed, can a novice fis it himself? I have had a number of issues with the emissions system with thi car O2 sensor replaced last year, had to explain to saturn that they needed to replace the catalytic converter after reading up on it here in this forum. Car ran fine after $400 of unnecessary repairs and the new Cat. Thanks in advance for your advice!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Robertmoss's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Robertmoss reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Robertmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
scort_beater
scort_beater is on a distinguished road

Default Re: P0455 Code

i work as a technician i see that code alot just check your gas cap to make sure you tightened it up get the the codes cleared out if it comes back on go to saturn and buy a new fuel cap if on again replace the charcoal canister but the fuel cap seems to fix it 9 times out of 10

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to scort_beater's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help scort_beater reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
scort_beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:50 PM   #3
Robertmoss
Robertmoss is on a distinguished road

thanks, didnt even have to do that, went away a week laer and hasnt come back..whew...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Robertmoss's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Robertmoss reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Robertmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #4
kknobl
kknobl will become famous soon enough

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by scort_beater View Post
i work as a technician i see that code alot just check your gas cap to make sure you tightened it up get the the codes cleared out if it comes back on go to saturn and buy a new fuel cap if on again replace the charcoal canister but the fuel cap seems to fix it 9 times out of 10
Just curious, where is the charcoal canister located, and is it a DIY job on a 2003 L300?

Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kknobl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kknobl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kknobl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:48 PM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant future

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Its on top of the gas tank.

*The CPS is the heart of the entire EFI system. No cps = dead EFI system*
*There's more to a/c than just a few cans of refrigerant*
*There's more to brakes than just replacing parts*

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #6
born again
born again is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2000 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

I may be wrong here but didn't someone report that the canister is part of the gas tank and can't be separately replaced?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to born again's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help born again reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
born again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #7
fdryer
fdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant future

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Its replaceable according to the FSM.

*The CPS is the heart of the entire EFI system. No cps = dead EFI system*
*There's more to a/c than just a few cans of refrigerant*
*There's more to brakes than just replacing parts*

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote