SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2007, 11:51 AM   #41
myblubu
myblubu is on a distinguished road

Default Re: How Long Does It Take?

Here's a link to the 7 pin adapter - just in case you wanted to see what it looks like.

http://www.yukonpartsstore.com/produ...6cad193a74a9e1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to myblubu's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help myblubu reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
myblubu is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2007, 06:52 PM   #42
VMac
VMac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblubu View Post
Here's a link to the 7 pin adapter - just in case you wanted to see what it looks like.

http://www.yukonpartsstore.com/produ...6cad193a74a9e1
Myblubu, thanks again. I'm getting more, better info from you than I have from my Saturn salesman. I called this morning, asked about the adapter and made it clear I understood what the trailer brake harness was all about and I don't need to connect that since my jetski trailer doesn't have brakes. He said he needed to check with the parts manager. He called me back a half hour later and told me what I needed to do to get the trailer brake harness connected.

Bummer, I told him that isn't what I was asking about and reiterated the question about do they have an adapter (as I now know it's a 7 pin circular into a 4 pin flat). He said he would have to ask the parts manager again and he would call me back. That was at about 10 am this morning and he didn't call back today. He's really flirting with that "completely satisfied survey".

I do appreciate seeing the picture you provided and knowing I can pick up the adapter at a reasonable cost.

Hope you are having fun with your new Outlook.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VMac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VMac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:17 AM   #43
myblubu
myblubu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMac View Post

I do appreciate seeing the picture you provided and knowing I can pick up the adapter at a reasonable cost.

Hope you are having fun with your new Outlook.
Picked up the Outlook today and we're happy! Although it rained all day. We wiped it down once we got it in the garage. WOW this is a BIG vehicle! Not lots of room left when pulling it in the garage!

You know, I think our salesmen are related Every question that I asked, never seemed to get answered. And I told him that I wanted an extra key for the car that last time I was in the dealership prior to picking it up today (maybe 4 days ago). He told me that he would have to check the price and it could be expensive because it may have a special chip for the security system, etc. I just knew when I got to the dealership today to pick it up, he would have at least had the cost of the key for me - I may have fainted if he would have actually had an extra key ready for me as a gift. But when I asked about it, he got this 'blank' look on his face and I knew then that he hadn't done a thing. While we completed the paperwork, he went to check and as it turned out, the parts department's computer was in the middle of a download/update, so he couldn't get prices ... Not impressed at all.

Anyway, you can pick up that adapter at any auto parts store (Pep Boys, Advance Auto, Autozone, etc.) or just about any department store with an auto department (Walmart, KMart, Sears, etc.). I'll bet the price from Saturn will be expensive.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to myblubu's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help myblubu reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
myblubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:10 AM   #44
chirodr2
chirodr2 is on a distinguished road

Well it finally happened, 10 weeks and 2 days after I placed the order my Outlook XR finally arrived. The car came in around noon and was ready for me to pick up by 4 o'clock on Friday however I was unable to do so until Saturday morning. All went well and there were no issues. So far so good!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chirodr2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chirodr2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chirodr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:38 AM   #45
sixsigma
sixsigma is on a distinguished road

We decided to go with the Outlook. Unfortunately, the car with the options we want does not exist. We have to order one and I wonder how long it will really take. It seems that the order times are getting shorter as the dealer lots become full. Could this be so? My dealer claims it will take a little over one month to get one in.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sixsigma's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sixsigma reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sixsigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:01 AM   #46
BrightOutlook
BrightOutlook is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2001 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsigma View Post
We have to order one and I wonder how long it will really take. It seems that the order times are getting shorter as the dealer lots become full. Could this be so? My dealer claims it will take a little over one month to get one in.
The range up to now seems to be about 6 to 12 weeks. One of the very longest as well as the very shortest have both been pretty recent.

If you decide it will be here in 12 weeks and it takes only 8, you will be happy.
If you decide it will be here in 4 weeks and it takes 8, you will be outraged!

SO,
Decide it will be here in 12 weeks and you are almost certain to be pleased when it arrives "early." In any case, it is WORTH the wait, and you'll be happy to have exactly the car you want with all your desired features and no unnecessary factory or dealer add-ons.

But if you want a 2007, don't wait too long....

2007 Outlook XR FWD
Ocean Mist / Grey Int
Enhanced Convenience Pkg / HID

Over 5,000 miles already! Awesome ride. Love it!

Gorgeous! Gutsy! Glorious!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BrightOutlook's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BrightOutlook reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BrightOutlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:57 AM   #47
mr weather
mr weather is on a distinguished road

Yes, don't wait too much longer. Word is the cutoff for 2007 orders is May 9.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mr weather's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mr weather reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mr weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:07 PM   #48
sixsigma

With the $1,000 running into July, am I better off waiting a few weeks for the '08? Is there a delay or simply on May 10 I will be ordering the next model year and it will come in the same timeline? How about pricing? Year end clearance deals? Changes for '08? Is it possible that they won't link the Nav in with so many other options that it costs $3,950 just for a NAV?!?!?! Sorry, that part burns my butt! Sheesh, I now have more questions than is appropriate to put into one post.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help sixsigma reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2007, 09:35 AM   #49
KellyCat54
KellyCat54 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

Here's an update on the progress of our Cocoa XR ordered April 7 at Saturn of the Valley, and posted for the benefit of others who have ordered, but aren't receiving regular updates:
"Barring unforseen delays, I expect the vehicle will be constructed this week and clear final inspection early next week.

Following that, it will be staged awaiting shipment for 1-5 days, then shipped here. Based on shipping performance of recent, in-transit time typical runs about 3 weeks.

Right now, my best estimate of arrival ... would be the third week of June."
Hate the wait, but love the updates and the service... reminds me of something I read in an article years ago. The writer said that Lexus dealers could be compared to jewelry stores for their service and solicitousness toward their customers, then said that Saturn retailers were more like L.L. Bean. As a customer of both Bean and Saturn, I agree with the comparison...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KellyCat54's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KellyCat54 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KellyCat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:11 AM   #50
sixsigma

Does it really take almost one month to stage and ship the vehicle? I was hoping that the total order time was not much longer than that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-16-2007, 11:17 AM   #51
mikedege
mikedege is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsigma View Post
Does it really take almost one month to stage and ship the vehicle? I was hoping that the total order time was not much longer than that.
yeah, it took 3 weeks after mine was built before it got out here to California. total build&ship time was about 9 weeks.

Mike

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikedege's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikedege reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikedege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #52
machem
machem is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

Mine was built during January, delivered to CA last week of February. Luckily it sat around a bit before I picked it up April 1 or thereabouts.

Seems to take almost as long as my last VW took to get here from Germany!

Cheers

2007 XR FWD Ocean Mist
EBSR (Everything but sunroof).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to machem's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help machem reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
machem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:59 PM   #53
Gerry Proctor
Master Member
Gerry Proctor has a spectacular aura aboutGerry Proctor has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR
2008 SKY Red Line

Here are the vehicle ordering codes courtesy of another site:

1100 preliminary order placed/accepted at dealer
1101 preliminary order added
1102 preliminary order added thru web
2000 order accepted by GM
2001 order generated to dealer
2005 order replaced with GM Prospec order
2030 order re-edited
2050 order changed
2500 order is preferenced or "picked up"
3000 order accepted by production control
3100 order available to be sequenced
3300 order scheduled for production
3400 order broadcast (internal plant order produced)
3800 vehicle produced
4000 vehicle available to ship
4104 bailment invoice
4B00 bayed (note it's a letter "B" not 8)
4106 release bailment
4150 vehicle original invoice (dealer billed)
4200 vehicle shipped
4300 intermediate delivery
4V03 EDD (estimated delivery date)
4800 rail ramp unload
5000 vehicle at dealer
6000 vehicle delivered to customer

For a vehicle with no constraints (options you want are available on production line) or allocation issues, it's usually no more than two weeks from code 2000 to 3800. The real wait time comes at 4000 through 4300. Cars can wait for shipping for weeks and then spend weeks in shipping. I ordered my Ion (a car that is only slightly more rare and harder to come by than ordinarly dirt) and it still took two months.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gerry Proctor's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gerry Proctor reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gerry Proctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 04:04 PM   #54
logbite
logbite is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

Mine was ordered March 7 and arrived 7 weeks later. They had said 9-12 weeks at a minimum! We had to scramble to exchange our minivan.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to logbite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help logbite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
logbite is offline   Reply With Quote