SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2007, 09:26 PM   #61
manning
manning is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Very Low Gas Mileage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald View Post
stay with the lower octane fuel and save!
Save compared to the higher octanes, but the cheap stuff is still $3.19 a gallon around here AND if the Outlook is only getting 10.6 MPG as stated above, thats surely not saving!

Also noted that the congress is pushing for legislation to increase fuel efficiency standards to an average of 35 miles per gallon by 2020-2030. LMAO!!!!! WHAT A JOKE!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to manning's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help manning reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
manning is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2007, 11:47 PM   #62
page2171
page2171 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJK View Post
2)This figure is very out there compare to most, but my test vehicle had
150 kms on it and the computer read out had 22l/100km. Which after a little conversion is 10.6 MPG.
So just to put that in perspective, it's $27.00cdn to drive 100km or 60 miles.
According to the dealership owner, it cost him $104.00 to fill an outlook up from empty.
How much time did it spend idling? If it did a lot of idling it would give you a whacked out mileage reading like that...or someone with a real heavy foot test driving it would do the same.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to page2171's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help page2171 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
page2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:44 AM   #63
Gwenzilla
Gwenzilla is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.5L

I'm accepting the fact that my gas mileage is pretty much not going to get too much better, I wish it were... but what the heck, I am still doing better than the 13 mpg my old van was doing when I bought the Outlook.
Gas prices are really soaring here in Calif (as I'm sure everywhere else too). Especially this week, I picked a bad week to go leadfooting it around cruising at 80+ mph each day back and forth to work. The high prices and low mpg has driven up my cents per mile cost (see attached graph). So this week I'm going to try what a lot of people here suggest and TRY to cruise at 65 mph during my commute. Just to see what the difference will be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saturn MPG.jpg (196.3 KB, 17 views)

Saturn family stable:
- 2007 Outlook - AKA "Lambchop"
- 2003 Vue
- 2006 Ion

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gwenzilla's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gwenzilla reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gwenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:03 AM   #64
Stoney
Stoney is on a distinguished road

When I got my L series I was shocked that the gas mileage for the first little while was just around 18 mpg for imperial galons (about 15 mpg for US galons). After about 5000 kilometers it improved dramatically. I drove almost all city now and get about 23 mpg overall (about 19 imperial). The EPA rating is about 25 city, so that's pretty good, I think. The only reliable way to check your mileage is to fill your tank, mark the odometer, re-fill it and do the math. the accuracy increases if you add all the fills and all the mileage - I wouldn't trust these trip computers. Anywhere, there's hope for you with green vehilcles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Stoney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Stoney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:20 AM   #65
machem
machem is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

I've totally backed off on my highway speed --- with my VW I was at 80 all the time. With the Outlook, I set it to 70 and don't worry about people whizzing by me. Makes a big difference on the MPG, and only a 10 minute difference (or less) in my commute. Maybe it's how comfortable the car is compared to the old one.

When I take my wife's 3-series I can drive a little faster without worrying about killing the MPG.

Cheers

2007 XR FWD Ocean Mist
EBSR (Everything but sunroof).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to machem's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help machem reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
machem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:45 PM   #66
centerice
centerice is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

Last weekend we had a very interesting experience. On a 100 mile trip our Outlook sustained a flat tire because we ran over a nail. We replaced the tire with the small spare and were told by On Star to keep the car under 55 MPH for the rest of our trip. Just to see how this would effect the gas milage we reset the computer at that point and set the cruise control to 55. Normally we don't go 55 on the highway - we drive at about 65. Well we averaged 29.4 miles per gallon for the remainder of our trip. We tend to get between 14 and 16 in city depending on who is driving the Outlook and about 22 on the highway. Driving back the next day we averaged 23.2 MPG. So it pays to go slower - if you have the time to do so.

We used to drive two cars all over the place. One to carry the family and the other to carry back what we bought. Now we can just take the one vehicle.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to centerice's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help centerice reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
centerice is offline   Reply With Quote