SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2007, 08:54 PM   #21
GB1
GB1 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Why My Outlook Cost So Damn Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlainsman View Post

I don't know about you, but I'll never buy a stripped down vehicle again. Those days are behind me.
Totally agree! For all the time I spend in my car commuting and taking short driving trips/vacations, I see no reason to get a stripped-down car unless I have to. It's sort of like buying a cheap painting and hanging it on your living room wall and having to look at it every day

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GB1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GB1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2007, 12:10 AM   #22
farmasis
farmasis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
It's sort of like buying a cheap painting and hanging it on your living room wall and having to look at it every day
Except that fine art appreciate, and cars depreciate.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to farmasis's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help farmasis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
farmasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #23
GB1
GB1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmasis View Post
Except that fine art appreciate, and cars depreciate.
Yeah, very true. They say a car's one of the worst possible investments out there. But if you hold onto it for 7-10 yrs and spend a lot of time in it, I still think it's worth it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GB1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GB1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:13 PM   #24
mkaresh
Advanced Member
mkaresh is on a distinguished road

The Acadia and Enclave have Bose systems. You should drop by a GMC dealer and let us know if the Bose system sounds any better.

On the MDX--compared to the X5 it has a very usable third row. The third row in the X5 is VERY tight, and also very hard to get to.

truedelta.com -- need more Saturns!
More useful reliability information -- first info on Aura and Outlook
Price comparisons, quick and thorough

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mkaresh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mkaresh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mkaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:25 AM   #25
Kaya
Kaya is on a distinguished road

Default HID's

Any idea how much installing these lights after-market would cost since my XR did not come with it? The sales mgr. initially told me that the XR I was buying did have HID?? After looking at the invoice there was no line item for the $500 HID option. Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kaya's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kaya reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:52 PM   #26
webhair
webhair is on a distinguished road

Default Re: HID's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaya View Post
Any idea how much installing these lights after-market would cost since my XR did not come with it? The sales mgr. initially told me that the XR I was buying did have HID?? After looking at the invoice there was no line item for the $500 HID option. Thanks.
I am not sure - but was wondering the same thing. Hopefully they will come out with a kit for it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to webhair's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help webhair reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
webhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:44 PM   #27
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member
ThePlainsman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Or you could use the 30 day return thingy and demand one that has HIDs, especially since your sales manager fibbed, er made a mistake.

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2008 Acura RDX-Tech, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2002 Nissan Altiima V6, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ThePlainsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ThePlainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:48 PM   #28
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmasis View Post
What a great country.

We can get a loaded car if we want one, or get a base car if we prefer.

We can even opt for an Acura MDX.

I am a no nonsense kind of person, and I make a pretty good living.(farmasis = pharmacist) The thing I wanted most were the DVD and the nav, but I just couldn't see paying the money. I have a hand held GPS that works just fine, and a portable DVD that gets the job done (keeping the kids quite.) We had a sun roof in the jeep we traded for the Outlook, and I bet we opened it 4 times in 4 years. The one on the lot (the only one) had about 10 grand of upgrades (about 39K) and I opted for the XE mostly base and paid abbout 29K.

To me the 10K is better in my pocket.
Maybe so, but making decisions based on personal value is something we all have to do. A vacation to Disneyworld costs a lot less than a vacation to Hawaii, but I would not refuse to go to Hawaii (if I wanted to go to Hawaii) just because I could keep thousands in my pocket by going to Disneyworld instead. If I really want Hawaii, I'm going to Hawaii. To hell with the cheaper vacation. You only go around in life once.

Different strokes for different folks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-20-2007, 10:46 PM   #29
FalconXR
FalconXR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
We must have gone to the same dealer.

I was told that the XR they had coming in had everything I wanted; Charcoal, black leather, premium trim, enhanced audio, etc... They only things it didn't have was DVD and Nav (which I didn't care for). It ended up having all that stuff BUT also w/out HID and the enhanced audio.

I figured I could install a better sound system anyway as well as HID's. Unfortunately, the owners manual doesn't have anything in it about the headlamps except to say "for replacement bulbs contact your dealer (pg421)" ????

I think that anyone should be able to replace the bulbs, especially out here where the LEO's are just looking for a reason to pull you over and write you up. I check my lamps frequently and donít need to pay some dealer big $$$ to replace a blown bulb; this is probably the only vice I have with the Outlook.

I would love the HID's or, at the very least, like to be able to install some PIAA's or Silverstar's.

Post any info you find out on aftermarket HID's

Outlook XR AWD
Charcoal Gray
Black Leather w/ 2nd row Captain chairs
Loaded w/ everything but DVD and Nav

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FalconXR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FalconXR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FalconXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:29 PM   #30
user242
user242 is on a distinguished road

Question Re: Why My Outlook Cost So Damn Much

Hello all, I have a question. We just purchased our Outlook XR loaded minus Nav, the Advance audio system and the trailer package.

Well, we don't care for the Nav system anyway, but we were wondering how much better is the Advance audio system anyway? I know that you all were saying that it's not that good, but has anyone compared it to the standard single cd system? I believe the advance audio system comes with more speakers and power than the standard system. I'm just really dissatisfied with the standard audio system. I was considering trading our Outlook for one with the Advance Audio system and the trailer kit. This decision would mainly be to get the upgraded audio system.

Do you guys think it's worth paying an extra $805 for the advance audio system and $425 for the trailer package?

Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated...

'07' White Outlook XR AWD:
sunroofs, touring wheel pkg.,H.I.D lamps,
tan leather,wood, chrome side step rails,
crappy std. stereo w/XM.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to user242's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help user242 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
user242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:11 AM   #31
FalconXR
FalconXR is on a distinguished road

I believe the Advanced Audio package was $510 and the trailer package was $425; so $935. You might also lose a bit of money in the trade as it is a "used" vehicle now that it has been titled. (I think, not sure)

The tow package can be installed at the dealership, I was told for the same price of $425. I would go dealer for the tow package because they add the trainy cooler, new bumper and other components for full factory towing up to 4500lbs.

The speaker upgrade only adds a few items but the same (lack of) quality speakers; (2) in the third row, (1) center speaker, a sub and amp; but still the same type of speakers. You can get Bose speakers on the Acadia.

I am researching installing some Infinity Kappa series speakers as well as an amp to replace to stock equipment, or some Alpine R series as another Outlook owner has installed; components are listed in another thread. It will probably cost about $500 for the components and I can install them myself, money well spent over the stock sound. IMO

Just something to think about as well as finding out how much money you might lose in trading.

Outlook XR AWD
Charcoal Gray
Black Leather w/ 2nd row Captain chairs
Loaded w/ everything but DVD and Nav

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FalconXR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FalconXR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FalconXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:42 AM   #32
webhair
webhair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXR View Post
I believe the Advanced Audio package was $510 and the trailer package was $425; so $935. You might also lose a bit of money in the trade as it is a "used" vehicle now that it has been titled. (I think, not sure)

The tow package can be installed at the dealership, I was told for the same price of $425. I would go dealer for the tow package because they add the trainy cooler, new bumper and other components for full factory towing up to 4500lbs.
It is not that bad. I installed my hitch last night. I wish I had gotten the factory installed option but there was not one available when I bought mine in December. All I did was order the factory hitch, bumper facisa openning cover and wiring receptical... I forgot the bolts (got them from a local hitch company)... anf now I am seaching for two relays I need for the fuse box. Total spent on it $200 - www.gmpartsdirect.com

Would it have been worth it to get the factory option = YES.
I do not have the oil cooler or tow/haul switch - programming for the tansmission. But then again - I am only towing 2000 lbs (I have a Silverado for anything larger.

Quote:
The speaker upgrade only adds a few items but the same (lack of) quality speakers; (2) in the third row, (1) center speaker, a sub and amp; but still the same type of speakers. You can get Bose speakers on the Acadia.

I am researching installing some Infinity Kappa series speakers as well as an amp to replace to stock equipment, or some Alpine R series as another Outlook owner has installed; components are listed in another thread. It will probably cost about $500 for the components and I can install them myself, money well spent over the stock sound. IMO

Just something to think about as well as finding out how much money you might lose in trading.
I am the guilty one.... I did not want the upgrade factory system (I think some have called it the AAS). In general aftermarket speakers are not as compatible with the factory bose amp.

I used Alpine Type R components in the front and Alpine Type S's in the back - it is a night and day difference in the quaility of the sound. I also believe this sounds better then the Acadia factory Bose system - IMHO.
Once you pull the door panel off and see the factory speakers you will understand. If I get a chance I will take a picture (and weight them)... if you interested.

Bottom line - if you like playing with it - you can always make it better then factory. If you don't.... then buy the factory systems.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to webhair's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help webhair reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
webhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:24 AM   #33
user242
user242 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I believe the Advanced Audio package was $510 and the trailer package was $425; so $935. You might also lose a bit of money in the trade as it is a "used" vehicle now that it has been titled. (I think, not sure).
The price of the "AAS" according to the Saturn website vehicle building page it is $805 but maybe I'm wrong...The vehicle is less than a week old and just a couple of hundred miles so if I were to trade it in on a brand new one with these additional options then I shouldn't lose any money on my trade according to Saturns 1,500mile/30 day vehicle exchange program.

'07' White Outlook XR AWD:
sunroofs, touring wheel pkg.,H.I.D lamps,
tan leather,wood, chrome side step rails,
crappy std. stereo w/XM.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to user242's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help user242 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
user242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:14 PM   #34
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by user242 View Post
The price of the "AAS" according to the Saturn website vehicle building page it is $805 but maybe I'm wrong...The vehicle is less than a week old and just a couple of hundred miles so if I were to trade it in on a brand new one with these additional options then I shouldn't lose any money on my trade according to Saturns 1,500mile/30 day vehicle exchange program.
I have the advanced audio and the price listed on the sticker that came off the vehicle is $510.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-25-2007, 09:37 AM   #35
Outlooker
Outlooker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlainsman View Post
I have the advanced audio and the price listed on the sticker that came off the vehicle is $510.
I believe there are two options for the AAS. The $510 ( single CD ) option is if you also get the NAV / DVD Ent system. The $810 option (6 CD ) is if you do not opt for NAV / DVD system. I was initally confused by it myself.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Outlooker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Outlooker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Outlooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #36
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaresh View Post
The Acadia and Enclave have Bose systems. You should drop by a GMC dealer and let us know if the Bose system sounds any better.

On the MDX--compared to the X5 it has a very usable third row. The third row in the X5 is VERY tight, and also very hard to get to.
The second gen X5 may have been improved. The TV ads for the new X5 was going out they're way to show 3rd row egress.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:07 AM   #37
Outlooker
Outlooker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlooker View Post
I believe there are two options for the AAS. The $510 ( single CD ) option is if you also get the NAV / DVD Ent system. The $810 option (6 CD ) is if you do not opt for NAV / DVD system. I was initally confused by it myself.

Correction >> $805 option (6 CD ) is if you do not opt for NAV / DVD system.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Outlooker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Outlooker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Outlooker is offline   Reply With Quote