SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2006, 09:26 PM   #1
PatEXsc2
PatEXsc2 is on a distinguished road

Default Goodbye Saturn!!!

After 10 year, there is no more Saturn in my driveway. I decided to trade my LS2 2000 for a 2005 Acura 1.7 EL Premium with the aero package.

I was tired to repair my LS2 and also tired of the cheap interior of the Saturn.

Maybe I will return when they will upgrade the reliability and the quality of their car.

It was a pleasure to read and write on these forum and I wish you all good luck with your Saturn.

Goodbye!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PatEXsc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PatEXsc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PatEXsc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2006, 09:48 PM   #2
MGonzales
Advanced Member
MGonzales is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Goodbye Saturn!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatEXsc2
"...and also tired of the cheap interior of the Saturn."
Sweetness...

Sex...

Agree?

Mark
'99 Civic Si

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MGonzales's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MGonzales reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MGonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 12:47 AM   #3
Privix
Privix is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGonzales
Sweetness...

Agree?

Ummmm. Sweeeeeeeetness all the waaaaaay! In short, yes! I want one....Now!

"I'd like to thank my parents for making this night possible. And my children for making it necessary."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Privix's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Privix reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Privix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:02 AM   #4
SaturnManiac
Master Member
SaturnManiac is on a distinguished road

Forget any Japanese cars, I won't buy into that nonsense. I'm waiting for the AURA though, I will buy one of those, LOL. Those 10-year or whatever warranties they give on those Japanese cars are a JOKE, I remember a couple friends saying, think they are great, well just TRY to use them.....LOL. But I got respect for the European cars, they are where Saturn is getting their brilliant ideas.

R.I.P. - My 1996 Saturn SL2, "Psycho" - 7/95-2/17/06

R.I.P. - My 2000 Saturn SL2, "Sexy" - 11/24/99-8/05/08

If you're a car begging for your life, wouldn't you want someone to add fluids?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnManiac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnManiac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:10 AM   #5
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Nothing wrong with an Acura.....as long as you realize that Acura is Japanese for "I paid way too much for this Honda."

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 07:06 AM   #6
94sc295sl2
94sc295sl2 is on a distinguished road

Location: spring hill tennessee (the motherland) sterling heights michigan native

1997 SL2
1994 SL1

gee what an upgrade acura........imho they arent all that cracked up.
i work on hyundais and they are good quality,but i wouldnt have one.

by the way love interior pics.

remember that cars are built by robots built by human hands and are prone to failure.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 94sc295sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 94sc295sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
94sc295sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:27 AM   #7
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman
Nothing wrong with an Acura.....as long as you realize that Acura is Japanese for "I paid way too much for this Honda."
Especially when it's a Civic. The Civic EX with 5 speed auto in Canada starts at $23,430 ($20,349 U.S.), while the Acura CSX starts at $26,700 ($23,189 U.S.) for a difference of $2,840. Now, to me, that's alot of cash to spend on a Honda Civic for one thing, and another is that's quite a price jump from Civic to Acura, for a rebadged car. Now, now, I know the Honda elitists are screaming about the leather seats in the Acura that you can't get on the Civic. Yeah? Well, for $2,840 I could probably get the seats in the Civic reupholstered twice, it'd be even cheaper if I bought a kit and did it myself. Oh, I know, I know..."The Acura is more precisely built, it's more luxurious, it's blah, blah, blah....". No. It's a Honda Civic with leather and different face and butt....now, is it worth $3K more? In my eyes....no, not so much. I'd rather put that $3K in a high-yield savings account.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:54 AM   #8
MGonzales
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnManiac
Forget any Japanese cars, I won't buy into that nonsense. I'm waiting for the AURA though, I will buy one of those, LOL. Those 10-year or whatever warranties they give on those Japanese cars are a JOKE, I remember a couple friends saying, think they are great, well just TRY to use them.....LOL. But I got respect for the European cars, they are where Saturn is getting their brilliant ideas.
What Japanese car has a 10 year warranty? My three new Hondas ('89, '92, '99) all came with 3/36 warranties. I did purchase an extended warranty on my '89 and '92 Honda which ended up being a waste of money (first problem at ~140k miles on my '92 - broken distributor rotor...$60.00 incl. labor). Well, maybe not a total waste as I was able to transfer the warranties and I did have piece of mind in case I bought a lemon.

I took a chance by not purchasing an extended warranty on my current Civic and now at 100k miles I'm glad I didn't because I never needed it. That is, unless an extended warranty covers a secondary O2 sensor (whatever that is). I had to have mine replaced a few months back to the tune of $500.00 (my only issue with this car). I'm guessing that if I would have had the extended warranty and if the repair was covered, I might have broke even.

But knowing now that even a Honda can break before 100k miles, I may go back to purchasing an extended warranty on my next cars.

European cars? The best interiors IMO and once the best looking cars on the road (i.e. BMWs and VWs from a few years back), but being that I'm not a mechanic type, their maintenance wows scare the crap out of me!

I recently saw a new little Audi that was really sharp though.

Mark
'99 Civic Si

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help MGonzales reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-13-2006, 09:57 AM   #9
MGonzales
Advanced Member

IMO, Acura interiors are sweetness too...

http://www.lt-solutions.com/images/TSX1.jpg
http://www.lt-solutions.com/images/TSX2.jpg
http://www.lt-solutions.com/images/TSX3.jpg

Mark
'99 Civic Si

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-13-2006, 10:30 AM   #10
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnManiac
Forget any Japanese cars, I won't buy into that nonsense. I'm waiting for the AURA though, I will buy one of those, LOL.
I thought you didn't have a job...

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:47 AM   #11
andy_95sl2
Master Member
andy_95sl2 is on a distinguished road

speaking of acuras, me and my friend smoked one at a light yesterday. LOL he chucked the deuce, we revved our engines and everything, and as soon as the light turned green, his wheels were spinnin and screaching, and we still smoked him in our little POS sunfire.. lol. If only he was a little less on the gas he would have beat us. This was an Acura RSX type R with turbo.. LMAO i still cant believe we smoked him

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon -> daily & toy =)
2009 BMW 128i -> sold
2003 VW GTI 1.8T -> wrecked
1998 Saturn SL2 -> parted out
1995 Saturn SL2 -> sold
1995 Saturn SL2 -> sold

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to andy_95sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help andy_95sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
andy_95sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:51 PM   #12
KatWoman
KatWoman is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2

Nothing saying you have to leave SaturnFans. I don't own a saturn anymore as of last night but I still plan on hanging around.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KatWoman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KatWoman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:55 AM   #13
BobL
Master Member
BobL is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I now own 2 03 Corollas but still like to meet my Saturn friends.

I really miss Saturn of Raleigh with their very ethical, Christian direction from the owner. Worshipped with him and his wife many times.

Unfortunately, the lack of quality in a 2000 SL1 and a 2000 LS caused me to move to Toyota (still US made).

The Toyotas have delivered the reliability Consumer Reports promises so I must agree with their ratings.

Good luck and happy holiday to those who celebrate Easter.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:52 PM   #14
cindy_and_lee
cindy_and_lee is on a distinguished road

1995 SC1

Quote:
I was tired to repair my LS2 and also tired of the cheap interior of the Saturn.
I personally think that everyone has started to forget what the Saturn was originally designed for... cheap and dependable transportation and some comfort, not to mention easy to work on...

seems like everyone is wanting Lincoln or Cadillac quality out of Saturn prices. I personally enjoy the "cheapness" of a saturn even though there are a few sacrifices... But after taking the dash apart this weekend and seeing the bracing that saturn put into our SC1, i feel more safe in the saturn than i do in my mother-in-laws Volvo, not to mention the saturn at least has enough power to get out of its own way....

Just my 2cents worth, guess i owe someone some change, huh?

Lee

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cindy_and_lee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cindy_and_lee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cindy_and_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:34 PM   #15
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy_and_lee
I personally think that everyone has started to forget what the Saturn was originally designed for... cheap and dependable transportation and some comfort, not to mention easy to work on...

seems like everyone is wanting Lincoln or Cadillac quality out of Saturn prices. I personally enjoy the "cheapness" of a saturn even though there are a few sacrifices...

Lee
It would be nice if some cheap cars were available. I once thought about Saturn selling an eco-ION with a 1.8L engine for better fuel mileage. I think that loaded models of even economy cars sell in much greater numbers than the stripped versions.
I think the number of people who want "cheap" cars is about equal to the number who want manual transmissions.
A lot of the people who would've bought a cheap compact must be buying Chevy Colorados. I've been on the ColoradoFans Forums and a lot of people there are not only buying base versions but also modifying and working on their own vehicles.

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:07 PM   #16
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Maybe I will return when they will upgrade the reliability and the quality of their car.
Why group the entire Saturn line in your statement about one model that they don't even make anymore?

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:33 PM   #17
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

Sorry to see you go. My other car is an Acura 1.6EL and it is a fantastic car. Fast and reliable, you can't go wrong. I am sure you will love your 1.7 as much as I love my Acura. The door won't hit you on the way out....the Acura will smoke the LS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:41 PM   #18
agoldslsaturn
agoldslsaturn is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1
1995 SL2

My other car is a broom....

Anyways sorry you left us for acura. Good luck with it though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to agoldslsaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help agoldslsaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
agoldslsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote