SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2017, 07:57 PM   #1
Keeter
Keeter is on a distinguished road

1999 SL1
Default '95 SC1 runnning issue-Asking for a friend

I'm kinda the middle man in this situation.

Brother in law to wife to me. I took a screen shot of the convo. I haven't looked at it, and am not familiar with the TBI setups as my SL1 has a swapped '98 DOHC in it.

Was thinking fuel filter. '95's i assume have one somewhere. The fact it doesn;t happen all the time tells me fuel, or ignition.

Being it's my wife's half brother's mom's car I'm not putting too much concern into it as I haven't seen his mom in 10 years.

Mostly told him post up a question on here himself, but he's too proud to ask for help.

Any way, If I get even one response that would be enough for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20171109-183339.jpg (116.7 KB, 15 views)

That's my opinion,
Keeter

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Keeter's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Keeter reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Keeter is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2017, 09:06 PM   #2
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to behold

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia

2001 SL1
Default Re: '95 SC1 runnning issue-Asking for a friend

Well, mileage on the car?
Plugs n wires, what maintenance has been done recently if any?
TBI need cleaning, run some techtron (sp) cleaner through it?
Running bad? We would need more specific info to assist in this.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:10 PM   #3
billr
Master Member
billr is just really nicebillr is just really nicebillr is just really nicebillr is just really nicebillr is just really nice

Okay, my response is that we would need better info to be of any real help. "Runs like ****" is just going net a lot of guessing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:01 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I'll add to guesses; what's fuel pressure, does the TBI leak when looking down into it with ignition turned on (engine off), was the two wire coolant sensor ever replaced from the faulty round nosed plastic one to the flat nosed brass one, t-stat replaced, fuel filter replaced?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:03 PM   #5
Jonasan308
Advanced Member
Jonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of light

1999 SC1

"Too proud to ask for help" but he's already asking for your assistance with it. Haha. Or maybe its different because its asking a internet community instead of someone you know? Ehh.

1999 Saturn SL1-129k at purchase(may 2016)-139k when wrecked(September 2016)

1999 Saturn SC1(This car is cursed)-156K at purchase(october 2016)-170k currently (jun 2017)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jonasan308's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jonasan308 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jonasan308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:22 PM   #6
Keeter
Keeter is on a distinguished road

1999 SL1

I told him something in the fuel system more than likely. He told my wife again he drives it for 45 min to an hour, and has no problems which makes it hard to diagnose.

At least I have a something to send back to him.

Thanks fellas!!

That's my opinion,
Keeter

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Keeter's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Keeter reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Keeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:48 PM   #7
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2

'95's don't have TBI, only '91-'94. All DOHC's and '95+ SOHC's have MPFI.

The fuel filter is on the driver side frame rail and costs all of $30 unless you get innovative (then it's like $8).

Sight unseen I'd start with the fuel filter, plugs, wires, ECTS (including connector if it shows signs of corrosion), thermostat and air filter.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote