SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2017, 08:20 PM   #1
NCSky
NCSky is on a distinguished road

Default Interior Passenger Door Handle

Hi All,

I'm new, and hoping for some good advice. The interior passenger door handle on my '09 Sky has chrome coming off. Tried GM, they don't even stock the interior door assembly anymore. I've searched salvage yards all over, and if they have the handle, it is attached to a door, which they don't want to pull it off of. Short of pulling it and shooting it with chrome paint and hoping for the best, I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions? Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NCSky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NCSky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NCSky is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2017, 03:19 PM   #2
NCSky
NCSky is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Interior Passenger Door Handle

Update:

Ordered a Chevy Cobalt handle. It should fit. It'll be in Tuesday.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NCSky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NCSky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NCSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:57 PM   #3
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I want to thank you for the update regardless of the fact that I don't own a SKY. I had no ideas to share and so I didn't add a post to the thread previously. You're already aware of just how few of those vehicles were sold. Which also means that there are relatively few members here who own that car and regularly post in the Forums. (This is unfortunate, but what can we do?) Please let us know if the door handle for the Cobalt fits well and takes care of your problem.

276,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:41 PM   #4
rb6667
Advanced Member
rb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to beholdrb6667 is a splendid one to behold

2004 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
2004 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSky View Post
Update:

Ordered a Chevy Cobalt handle. It should fit. It'll be in Tuesday.
^^^^^ I'm curious how you learned the Colbalt handle would work? Is the part# the same for both vehicles?

Regardless, let us know the outcome. Like Pierrot's comments, it is refreshing when someone updates a post on the final outcome. Many times we never hear back from the OP and are left wondering what happened.

Thanks for doing that.

2004 L-Series Wagon 2.2
2004 L-Series Wagon 2.2
2004 L-Series Wagon 3.0

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rb6667's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rb6667 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rb6667 is offline   Reply With Quote