SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2017, 09:33 PM   #1
LukeGirard
LukeGirard is on a distinguished road

Happy Hello From Southern California!

Hi all! My names Luke and I purchased this 1993 Saturn SW1 on thursday of last week for $160! It has a rebuilt engine, new clutch, and 27" All Terrains. It needs a power steering pump, rack and pinion, AC Compressor, and new front shocks. For $160 I'm pretty happy with this little wagon =) Bleh I can't post pictures because this is my first post sad day =(

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LukeGirard's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LukeGirard reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LukeGirard is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2017, 11:07 PM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Hello From Southern California!

Welcome to SaturnFans, LukeGirard! It's nice to have another SoCal member here. What part of SoCal do you call home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeGirard View Post
.....and 27" All Terrains.
Are the tires really 27"? I think it very unlikely, don't you?

273,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

Last edited by pierrot; 05-22-2017 at 11:16 PM.. Reason: more stuff

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:34 PM   #3
LukeGirard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrot View Post

Welcome to SaturnFans, LukeGirard! It's nice to have another SoCal member here. What part of SoCal do you call home?

I live up in Apple Valley next to Victorville. And actually yes it has 27" all terrains with 1" wheel spacers in the front. It has no front fenders and a bash bar for the front bumper. This is why I wanted to post pictures!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help LukeGirard reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-23-2017, 02:04 PM   #4
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Oh, I get it now! So you have something of a monster S series wagon on your hands. That's got to look a bit wild! Many, many moons ago my parents took me to the Roy Rogers Museum in Victorville. We occasionally travel through that area when on the way to or from Big Bear Lake.

273,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:56 PM   #5
Sky Pilot
Sky Pilot is a jewel in the roughSky Pilot is a jewel in the roughSky Pilot is a jewel in the rough

2008 SKY Red Line
2003 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:
Many, many moons ago my parents took me to the Roy Rogers Museum in Victorville.
Wow, didn't they close that about 10 years ago and move it to Branson?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sky Pilot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sky Pilot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sky Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:57 PM   #6
Sky Pilot
Sky Pilot is a jewel in the roughSky Pilot is a jewel in the roughSky Pilot is a jewel in the rough

2008 SKY Red Line
2003 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:

Definitely gotta see a picture of that baby!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sky Pilot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sky Pilot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sky Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:54 PM   #7
MikeNW
Master Member
MikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really nice

Location: Lower Alabama= God's country, if God wanted mosquito and red ant bites, and to be covered in mildew

1997 SL

Welcome! If I did it again, I'd have bought a wagon instead of my 97 SL (not sure if there were wagons in 97)

97 SL. Born 6/5/97, bought 7/7/97
08 Burgman 400
02 Haro MTB- can't kill it, still trying though

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MikeNW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MikeNW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MikeNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:30 PM   #8
LukeGirard

I've got 11 more posts to make before I can post pics! Aghhhhh

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-25-2017, 09:56 AM   #9
WhiteSaturnL200
WhiteSaturnL200 is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Welcome to SaturnFans! I also live in Southern Cali. Currently out in Death Valley. I think this is the furthest west I'll go! There is a wealth of information here to keep your Saturn on the road. I've looked at plenty of old forums to diagnose and fix my minor issues. If you are thinking of asking a question definitely check the forums. It could already be answered. You certainly got your car for a steal! I'm probably forced to do a full GM service on my A/C when I have the time and insanity for it. Death Valley summers are no joke!

KEN

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WhiteSaturnL200's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WhiteSaturnL200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WhiteSaturnL200 is offline   Reply With Quote