SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2015, 07:19 PM   #1
Steve44
Steve44 will become famous soon enoughSteve44 will become famous soon enough

1999 SL1
1999 SL2
Default 99 SL1 Paint Code

Although I'm very unhappy about this situation (not really, I'm pissed off!), I feel the best way to deal with it is to solve it quickly.
My wife backed into the garage last night (the first time ever), and said that she broke off the drivers side Mirror. It wouldn't be a big deal, except that she decided to try and "fix" the problem without telling me. She applied a whach of "Krazy Glue" and dripped that Crap all over my Door. I'm beyond trying to remove the glue, and trying to put the mirror back where it belongs.
I'm going to the pick and pull in the morning to get another Door.
Please don't suggest the miracle Goo gone crap, because I'm done with them.
I'm hoping that someone can tell me if the paint code is in the VIN, as many JY vehicles don't have the spare tire cover.
Any help is good help. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150709_143603376.jpg (204.9 KB, 17 views)

The SL1...The Lucky Car
The SL2..The awesome deal.
World's biggest fan of doing it the easy way.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Steve44's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Steve44 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Steve44 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2
Default Re: 99 SL1 Paint Code

Not directly in VIN but if you can access a VIN database it will pull up the RPO codes for that specific serial number and the paint number is in the RPO codes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:32 PM   #3
54packman
54packman will become famous soon enough

1998 SW2
2000 SC2

I just may have what you need,I picked up this door and fender for my car and was to my to repaint it but found a red door and fender a week later at the jy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1017707_740269956005570_1119587571_n.jpg (67.1 KB, 9 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 54packman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 54packman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
54packman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:56 AM   #4
Steve44

1999 SL1
1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54packman View Post
I just may have what you need,I picked up this door and fender for my car and was to my to repaint it but found a red door and fender a week later at the jy
Hey Packman, Can you call me @ 416-320-0272. I'm at Kenny U pull and they went and crushed the 3;silver ones that were here a month ago. I'll be around the corner from your shop at 2:30

The SL1...The Lucky Car

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Steve44 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-10-2015, 04:36 PM   #5
54packman
54packman will become famous soon enough

1998 SW2
2000 SC2

Iam in Oshawa now, the door is in colborne right now, but will pick it up on the weekend and will have it Monday, did you get another mirror yet? As I think I may have another as well too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 54packman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 54packman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
54packman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:28 PM   #6
Steve44

1999 SL1
1999 SL2

Here's the problem: She KRAZY GLUED THE MIRROR BACK ON. I can't take it off or anything else without destroying it. If your door doesn't have the mirror on it, it's of no use to me.
EDIT: The Pic you showed has the Mirror on it. Please Call me tomorrow and we'll talk.
Thanks

Steve

The SL1...The Lucky Car

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-10-2015, 06:44 AM   #7
Signmaster
Master Member
Signmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to all

1995 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve44 View Post
Although I'm very unhappy about this situation (not really, I'm pissed off!), I feel the best way to deal with it is to solve it quickly.
My wife backed into the garage last night (the first time ever), and said that she broke off the drivers side Mirror. It wouldn't be a big deal, except that she decided to try and "fix" the problem without telling me. She applied a whach of "Krazy Glue" and dripped that Crap all over my Door. I'm beyond trying to remove the glue, and trying to put the mirror back where it belongs.
I'm going to the pick and pull in the morning to get another Door.
Please don't suggest the miracle Goo gone crap, because I'm done with them.
I'm hoping that someone can tell me if the paint code is in the VIN, as many JY vehicles don't have the spare tire cover.
Any help is good help. Thanks!
Info courtesy of LowSaturn....

http://www.differentracing.com/tech_...n_options.html

But really the best thing to do is take in the old panel. There is always some slight variation in the mixes, probably due to supplier tolerances for QC, along with their supplier.

Alordofchaos is worthy and hides in shadows only to hone his S Series knowledge ninja skills. Swift, silent, trustworthy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Signmaster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Signmaster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Signmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:02 AM   #8
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL

So, I am guessing by your posts that the Spare Tire Cover is not in this car? That is where the RPO codes would be...

Just as a quick glance- it could be 11U and 11L-

Year
In Out
96 02 11U Primary Color - Exterior, Warm Gray (Silver)
96 02 11L Secondary Color - Exterior, Warm Gray (Silver)

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote