SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Welcome ImSaturn Members

A new story entry has been added:

Welcome ImSaturn Members

Quote:
With the pending closure of the ImSaturn social networking site, Saturn has been working closely with me to facilitate a transfer of the most popular "social groups" from the ImSaturn site to SaturnFans.com. The remaining folks at Saturn have a sincere interest in making sure Saturn owners continue to have a place to talk about their cars. As a result, I'm happy to announce the creation of the new "ImSaturn Groups" section here at SaturnFans.com. Now more than ever, it's important for Saturn owners to have a place to share their experiences and get help. The new groups were built to closely mimic the group configuration at ImSaturn. You'll still be able to post photos, as well as send and receive messages from other members. You can also create your own social group!

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Welcome ImSaturn Members

Charlie, you're a good man. Thanks for keeping the Saturn torch burning. Now, if you could please fix the broken link at the bottom of the /forums page (when you click on your name, you get a PHP error) you'll be perfect!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
etheriau
etheriau is on a distinguished road

2008 SKY Red Line
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Charlie, you're a good man. Thanks for keeping the Saturn torch burning.
I usually don't like to post +1 posts, but this seems worth it. You have done a great job at keeping this site up and running and Saturn fans informed -- congrats on the new acquisition and thanks for keeping the torch burning!

eyt*
http://myscenicdrives.com/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to etheriau's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help etheriau reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
etheriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
cola
Advanced Member
cola is on a distinguished road

2009 AURA XE
1996 SL

Thanks for all the hard work Charlie!!

2009 Aura XE 2.4-----SOLD
2004 Vue 3.5 AWD
1999 SL2 Auto
1998 SL2 5-Speed------SOLD
1996 SL1 5-Speed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cola's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cola reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
IONfan2
IONfan2 is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
1996 SW2

Good work, Charlie.

I am just sad to see the IMSaturn Website disappear...I am a member of that site in addition to Saturnfans.com. This is all hard for me: our local reatailer being closed, the brand being phased out, seeing what the 2012 Aura could have been by looking at the Buick Regal...

A very very VERY sad time.

2002 SC2 (78,000 miles) I LOVE my Saturn! =]

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to IONfan2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help IONfan2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
IONfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:52 AM   #6
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

IMSaturn was unique. Along with the many Saturn employees who were members, many SaturnFans members were there as well. For those who only were familiar with IMSaturn: Welcome to SaturnFans - you are in good company.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
mozartbrian
mozartbrian is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L

This is also a great site for all the IM Saturn twits to realize what garbage Saturn really is. You all thought your Aura'a where state of the art and different when in fact you are all driving Chevy Malibu's. By the way, your Astra's are Opels. LMAO. To bad IM Saturn is gone, I really loved reading all the stupid, uneducated and moronic comments people left. This site won't be as fun, but all I can say if you want to see what is wrong with your Saturn this is the site to be on.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mozartbrian's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mozartbrian reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mozartbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #8
marx404
Master Member

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartbrian View Post
This is also a great site for all the IM Saturn twits to realize what garbage Saturn really is. You all thought your Aura'a where state of the art and different when in fact you are all driving Chevy Malibu's. By the way, your Astra's are Opels. LMAO. To bad IM Saturn is gone, I really loved reading all the stupid, uneducated and moronic comments people left. This site won't be as fun, but all I can say if you want to see what is wrong with your Saturn this is the site to be on.

Wow. So, tell us how you really feel.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-07-2010, 08:41 AM   #9
TaylorMutts
TaylorMutts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartbrian View Post
...I really loved reading all the stupid, uneducated and moronic comments people left.
Unfortunately, that even happens here.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TaylorMutts's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TaylorMutts reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TaylorMutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #10
BoDuke70
BoDuke70 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
1997 SC2

This is also a great site for all the IM Saturn twits to realize what garbage Saturn really is. You all thought your Aura'a where state of the art and different when in fact you are all driving Chevy Malibu's.

Saturn Aura was intruduced as a 2007 model. The corresponding Malibu was not until 2008.

By the way, your Astra's are Opels. LMAO.

GM has owned Opel since 1929. Sharing of platforms within a corporation is rather common. What's your point?

To bad IM Saturn is gone, I really loved reading all the stupid, uneducated and moronic comments people left. This site won't be as fun, but all I can say if you want to see what is wrong with your Saturn this is the site to be on.

Stupid, uneducated, and moronic...like denoting plurality with an apostrophe and an s? And I assume, from your sidebar details, that you drive, insure, and fill with gas one of these "garbage" vehicles, when at any time you could sell it and drive whatever you consider to be a better brand. Between your poor grammar and your failure to prove yourself any better than the "twits" you condemn by continuing to own and operate said garbage, cannot say you have made an impression as one to be rightfully casting any dispersions.

A different kind of parts guy...now in a bow tie!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BoDuke70's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BoDuke70 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BoDuke70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #11
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member
SaturnIONSLVUE is on a distinguished road

It looks like to me not only the Saturn Brand will die in 2010 but this site will as well. News really has not been updated, and the forums have not been really that active since December.

This is a great site, but it is up to the saturn owners to keeep it great.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnIONSLVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIONSLVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnIONSLVUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #12
marx404
Master Member

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnIONSLVUE View Post
It looks like to me not only the Saturn Brand will die in 2010 but this site will as well. News really has not been updated, and the forums have not been really that active since December.

This is a great site, but it is up to the saturn owners to keeep it great.
Um, perhaps you need to look into the other forums on SF???.
Charlie just had a new addition to his family. I'm sure that is keeping him and Mrs. Charlie quite busy.

We're not going anywhere, but if you do get easily bored and stray, we'll leave a light on for ya.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #13
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member
SaturnIONSLVUE is on a distinguished road

I have always thought the site was a great tool for saturn owners, but the site is going to have to change a bit if it wants to live on.

Why one might ask

The Home Page has to change in format or content, Saturn will never have new news and a home page that has no new news or does not change wil die.

The forms page is great.

Maybe a future saturnalia site would the Current Saturn Home Page or content that was on it. Like this site i found.

http://www.nknet.com/twa/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnIONSLVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIONSLVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnIONSLVUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:15 AM   #14
col_dude190
Advanced Member
col_dude190 has a spectacular aura aboutcol_dude190 has a spectacular aura aboutcol_dude190 has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE Red Line
2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnIONSLVUE View Post
I have always thought the site was a great tool for saturn owners, but the site is going to have to change a bit if it wants to live on.

Why one might ask

The Home Page has to change in format or content, Saturn will never have new news and a home page that has no new news or does not change wil die.

The forms page is great.

Maybe a future saturnalia site would the Current Saturn Home Page or content that was on it. Like this site i found.

http://www.nknet.com/twa/

Unfortunately Charlie doesn't make a living running Saturnfans. So there is no way that he can spend every waking moment constantly updating the Saturnfans homepage like you describe, its just not possible. IMO he has done an outstanding job creating a site where we can all come together as Saturn owners and discuss our vehicles. I don't see Saturnfans dying anytime soon so long as our rather loyal group of fans keeps coming back to talk about our crazy plastic bodied cars

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to col_dude190's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help col_dude190 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
col_dude190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:52 AM   #15
marx404
Master Member

2008 Astra XE

I agree that the Home page must change ....eventually. And I'm sure that Charlie, time willing will do that. Many of the newer members are unaware of the hard work Charlie has done to keep this site up and running and it continues to run strong. While Saturn is still open there will be some news about Service and other items. When the last door closes, I'm sure Charlie and SaturnFans will adapt and adjust.

FWIW, I have noticed anyways that there are a number of Forum users that apparently from the content of their posts bypass the Home page to go straight to the Forums anyways.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #16
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by uklinksoflondon View Post
It looks like to me not only the Saturn Brand will die in 2010 but this site will as well.
I seriousy doubt that. As long as there are Saturns on the road, this site will still get traffic. More so onec current model come out of warrenty and more people start doing theit own work. They'll need advice from other owners.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote