SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Saturn Introduces "Saturn Authorized Service Providers"

A new story entry has been added:

Saturn Introduces "Saturn Authorized Service Providers"

Quote:
From Saturn: On October 19, 2009, we sent a letter with the news that the sale of Saturn could not be finalized and as a result, the Saturn brand will be phased out over the next year. Reading letters you sent in, as well as the thoughts that were posted on saturn.com has been an emotional and uplifting journey.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2010, 12:59 AM   #2
05SaturnRL
05SaturnRL is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Saturn Introduces "Saturn Authorized Service Providers"

Quote:
From Saturn: On October 19, 2009, we sent a letter with the news that the sale of Saturn could not be finalized and as a result, the Saturn brand will be phased out over the next year.
Hmm, never got that one in the mail

Quote:
You may have already received a message from us, letting you know the name of your Saturn Authorized Service Provider. Rest assured, they are committed to providing the same level of service as when you first purchased your vehicle.

If you have not heard from us, it is likely that your Saturn Retailer is still open for business. We will notify you when an authorized service provider is in place.
Not expecting to get this either since Saturn seems to never send me any kind of infomation that all other owners receive. Oh well, as long as I can locate parts easily that's all I care about, I could care less about the dealers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 05SaturnRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 05SaturnRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
05SaturnRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
RicksVue
RicksVue is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SaturnRL View Post
Hmm, never got that one in the mail
I didn't, either - apparently Saturn has my ZIP code wrong. I just need to figure out how to fix that.

-Rick

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RicksVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RicksVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RicksVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #4
AllarysDanyaela
AllarysDanyaela is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2

never got any letter.... T.T And parts are getting hard to find around here...

Sometimes in life you just have to roll with it. Like when a cart hits your car and your friend is the one freaking out. :)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AllarysDanyaela's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AllarysDanyaela reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AllarysDanyaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
Amie Jo
Amie Jo is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan

Haven't gotten a thing from Saturn. But I did get a call from my Service Tech from Saturn and she's working at Kia now. I'll be taking my Ion there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Amie Jo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Amie Jo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Amie Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #6
TaylorMutts
TaylorMutts is on a distinguished road

You will receive a letter after your Saturn store closes with GM. I know that some of them have closed their doors, but they may remain active with GM for a period of time. Also, you will get a letter only if you bought your Saturn as a new vehicle or a Certified PreOwned purchase.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TaylorMutts's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TaylorMutts reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TaylorMutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #7
ml0126
ml0126 is on a distinguished road

All Saturn dealers in my area have been closed for some time. Tons of GM dealer who are willing to do warranty repairs except GM wants to to buy there parts from closed saturn dealers at Retail. Got this directly from a Gm dealer. Now the want me to drive 2 hours for repair...get real!!!! They consider 100 miles as local....got this straight from the Saturn help line...

Most likely will trade it in with another a company who cares

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ml0126's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ml0126 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ml0126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:26 PM   #8
daver
daver has a spectacular aura aboutdaver has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION Red Line
1999 SC2

Charlie, sometimes I don't know how you do it. Year after year you provide more information to Saturn owners than any place else on the web, and still all you hear is "Wah, wah, wah!"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to daver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help daver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #9
stevedj_98
stevedj_98 is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

Got both the email from GM and a letter from Saturn of Chattanooga.

Of course, I still get service reminders every 3 months for the 2003 L200
I traded away 3 years ago. I've asked the dealer many times to take that vehicle off the mailing list.

2008 Saturn Aura XE
1995 Ford Contour ALL ELECTRIC CONVERSION

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to stevedj_98's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help stevedj_98 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
stevedj_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:49 PM   #10
saturn 51
saturn 51 is on a distinguished road

after three used saturns and two new ones no letter.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn 51's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn 51 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #11
chillin05VUE
chillin05VUE is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

Even though I have a local dealer still, the service center Saturn is talking about for my area is about 40-50 miles away. No way will I drive that far just for work on my Saturn. South Tacoma Honda, here I come (after my local dealer closes).

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chillin05VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chillin05VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #12
Arnel
Arnel is on a distinguished road

Location: Pittsburgh, PA - Home of the World Champion Steelers & Penguins!

2001 SC2

Beware & be warned. We took our 2007 Saturn VUE Greenline to a SASP (Bairel Chevrolet in Wexford, PA). They were more concerned with making more profit by getting me out of our VUE and into one of their Chevys.

We've spend over $1500 in the last three months and have received substandard service at Bairel and one of the two remaining Saturn retailers in Pittsburgh, Saturn of West Liberty. On a repair two months ago, it took them $800 and 25 days to determine that our VUE was suffering from a loose fusebox.

It's nowhere near what it used to be like...WE MISS YOU SATURN OF WEXFORD!

93m SL1 "SLone" 145,000 mi. - RIP 10/08
94m SL2 "Ringo" 209,425 - ret. 7/31/07, RIP 10/08
01m SC2 "Lello" 129,000
07a GL VUE "Orbit" 48,900 - RIP 6/19/10
10a Ford Escape Hybrid - 8600 mi.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Arnel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Arnel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Arnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:51 AM   #13
cityhawk
Master Member
cityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to all

1993 SW2
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnel View Post
Beware & be warned. We took our 2007 Saturn VUE Greenline to a SASP (Bairel Chevrolet in Wexford, PA). They were more concerned with making more profit by getting me out of our VUE and into one of their Chevys.

We've spend over $1500 in the last three months and have received substandard service at Bairel and one of the two remaining Saturn retailers in Pittsburgh, Saturn of West Liberty. On a repair two months ago, it took them $800 and 25 days to determine that our VUE was suffering from a loose fusebox.

It's nowhere near what it used to be like...WE MISS YOU SATURN OF WEXFORD!
Sorry for the necropost, but I just wanted to concur with Arnel's post. I did get the mailings from at least two different SASP's along with coupons. It has been my experience that, like Arnel, there was a strong push to get me out of my Saturn (and presumably consider buying a new car that the dealers sold). I really miss Saturn of Norwood.

Saturns:
1993 SW2 MT 182,000 hard Boston city miles ("Rozzie")
Gone but not forgotten:
2001 LW300 ("Elle")
1999 SW2 MT
Project cars:
1966 Corvair Monza convertible
1928 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cityhawk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cityhawk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cityhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:58 AM   #14
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhawk View Post
Sorry for the necropost, but I just wanted to concur with Arnel's post. I did get the mailings from at least two different SASP's along with coupons. It has been my experience that, like Arnel, there was a strong push to get me out of my Saturn (and presumably consider buying a new car that the dealers sold). I really miss Saturn of Norwood.
Actually you know what, now that you mention it, I drove my SATURN when I bought the MGM, and there was kind of a push to get me to trade it... Guess where I bought it? That CHEVY lot. It also happened to be a SASP.

Coincidence? I think not...

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #15
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Weird to hear people complain that a car dealership was trying to sell them a car.
Plenty of mechanics around, you don't need to go to a dealer.

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #16
Dutchman1954
Dutchman1954 is on a distinguished road

Not only do I get letters trying to sell me a new car from my former dealership (all the Saturn dealers in San Diego County sell Kia's now) but the official service provider (Chevy dealership) sends me a incentive letter about once a month. I just turned over 115,000 on my 2005 Ion 1 and other than a couple of minor issues it's going strong.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dutchman1954's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dutchman1954 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dutchman1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #17
cityhawk
Master Member
cityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to all

1993 SW2
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsky View Post
Weird to hear people complain that a car dealership was trying to sell them a car.
Plenty of mechanics around, you don't need to go to a dealer.
Sorry, but there's a difference between being disingenuous about repairs needed on a car and a legitimate sales effort. Saturn of Norwood also was a car dealership that sold new cars. Never once did I get a high pressure attempt to try to convince me to get rid of either of my existing cars when dealing with the service department.

It is true that there are other mechanics around, and I use them in addition to doing my own repairs, but there are no mechanics around (besides myself) who have any particular Saturn knowledge. The theoretical idea of SASP's was that they were there to provide GM-based support to Saturn owners, but instead, at least in my experience, they know jack about Saturns and don't really care to, but rather try to pressure people into getting rid of them.

I'm not saying that they don't have the right to do that, but I have the right to be disappointed by it, and it just makes me miss Saturn as a company more.

Saturns:
1993 SW2 MT 182,000 hard Boston city miles ("Rozzie")
Gone but not forgotten:
2001 LW300 ("Elle")
1999 SW2 MT
Project cars:
1966 Corvair Monza convertible
1928 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cityhawk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cityhawk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cityhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #18
badtzbuzz
badtzbuzz is on a distinguished road

Recently used Uptown Chevy Cadillac, formerly Saturn of Harlem, in NYC.

I told the service tech I was in for Maintenaince Interval I, she looked at me as if I was speaking a different language. I didn't have time to explain to her exactly what it entailed, so she settled on a routine 3K service plus tire rotation. Needless to say I have no confidence in this new service dept. In the past, all I had to say was which interval I wanted.

The place is under new ownership (old management was owned by GM itself, I'm told) and it appears they replaced all the service desk tech's, kept some not so nice sales managers and some mechanics.

waiting for 0% APR on an enclave...doubt it will happen though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to badtzbuzz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help badtzbuzz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
badtzbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote