SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default On the Auction Block: 2004 Saturn Vue Red Line Street Play Concept

A new image entry has been added:

On the Auction Block: 2004 Saturn Vue Red Line Street Play Concept

Quote:
This Saturn concept was featured at the 2003 SEMA Show and was designed to showcase the high performance potential that could be achieved from the Vue Red Line. The "Street Play" Vue went wild with performance and appearance items which showcased the Vue's aptitude for performance.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #2
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2
Default Re: On the Auction Block: 2004 Saturn Vue Red Line Street Play Concept

I always enjoy watching the B-J auction, and this year will be no exception. I doubt the Saturns will even make it to TV coverage, but I know I'll be interested to see what this car fetches. I remember reading about this car when it was shown and I can tell you, I'd like to have HALF the stuff on that car on my Vue. Well, actually, I probably come close to having half of half of the mods on my Vue, given that mine is a Redline and all.

I wonder how many miles it has on it, and what it's been doing for the last 5+ years, other than sitting idle in the Heritage Collection.

If I had the cash, I'd give $20k for it.

Tupperware cars FTW!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dante's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dante reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
thatjerryguy
thatjerryguy will become famous soon enoughthatjerryguy will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Thumbs Down Re: On the Auction Block: 2004 Saturn Vue Red Line Street Play Concept

What's interesting about all these Saturn models on the auction block is that it seems Saturn itself is on the auction block.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thatjerryguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thatjerryguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thatjerryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
D C
D C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
THIS VEHICLE IN ITS CURRENT STATE CANNOT BE TITLED OR LICENSED, AND MAY NOT BE DRIVEN ON PUBLIC ROADS OR HIGHWAYS. PURCHASER UNDERSTANDS THAT NO CERTIFICATE OF TITLE WILL BE PROVIDED. SOLD ON BILL OF SALE ONLY.
hmmm....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to D C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help D C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
D C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
hmmm....
That's pretty screwed up... I wonder why, and I wonder what you'd have to do to get it properly titled? I wonder if it even has a VIN? You might be able to get one of those "specialty" or "kit car" licenses for it... which probably means you can escape emissions testing. :P

Tupperware cars FTW!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dante's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dante reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
fotovue
fotovue will become famous soon enough

2007 VUE Red Line

You might be able to get a special permit or kit car tag for it.

They all have VINs, the problem is they don't have the manufacturer label (MSO?) that approves the vehicle for street use. That gets printed when the vehicle gets assigned to be shipped to a dealership. If the vehicle was pulled for GM, i.e. didn't get sent to a dealer, it wouldn't have that street legal paperwork.

I would imagine it would be possible to make some of the vehicles street legal if you managed to find the right state loopholes.

Keep in mind I'm betting some of these vehicles pulled for the heritage center probably also never had any of the recalls done. Especially the 2nd Saturn off the assembly line probably never had the (radiator cooling system?) recall.

2004 RL VUE AWD Black *R.I.P. 07/01/06* 65k
The 1st sold, 49th built

2007 RL VUE FWD Black *Born 01/26/07* 100k
mods: 4 wheel disc brakes, window tint, spoiler, blues and twos

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fotovue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fotovue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fotovue is offline   Reply With Quote