SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Miscellaneous Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2000, 08:08 PM   #1
Slidder
Slidder is on a distinguished road

Default Aftermarket Audio Wiring

I have about a zillion cables to run (speaker, RCA, power/ground, etc.) from my head unit to the trunk. Too many to fit in the molding/trim panels. Any suggestions for running cables under the carpeting? Thanks in advance!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Slidder's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Slidder reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2000, 10:19 PM   #2
Saldana SC2 2K
Saldana SC2 2K will become famous soon enough

I took the left panel off and ran them under the carpet then under the back seat, just pickup the seat cushion a little and run the wires under it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saldana SC2 2K's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saldana SC2 2K reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-20-2000, 05:08 PM   #3
JasonD
JasonD is on a distinguished road

Default Power and RCA Cables

This message might be a littel late, but you should not have a problem running all the wiring since you should run the RCA and power cables on opposite sides of the car. Running them together can cause noise in the system. Also the Ground wire does not need to be ran back to the battery, you can just ground it on a part of the cars frame, Like behind the seets in the trunk. Hope you get this.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JasonD's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JasonD reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-20-2000, 05:57 PM   #4
Masonhero
Masonhero is on a distinguished road

i ran my ground wire from the amp, up the c-pillar to the back dash...lift the dashpad and you will find a common ground...that is the best place in the back of the car to run to. if you ground to the striker plate retainer bolts, every time you hit the brakes, there will be feedback into the system, not to mention lost power. also, the center console is very easy to get out, and you can run wires under it, and fish them under the carpet. the back seat comes out easily, and you can complete the wiring.(to get the back seat out, grab it at the front, push down, and then pull out and up. do this on both sides, preferably simultaneously) dont forget to pull the seatbelts back through when you reinstall the seat. *note*-if the car is a newer one, do not run the wires over the sdm coil (small silver box) run them to the sides...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Masonhero's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Masonhero reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-20-2000, 06:14 PM   #5
Slidder

Thanks for the info... I ran my ground down through a left side trunk cable boot and then connected it to the frame with star washers. I then sealed the boot with black silicone to ensure that it's waterproof. If I can find a female T-50 (torx) socket, I'm going to remove the front seats to make laying all my cables easier. I'll let you know how it all worked out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Slidder reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-05-2000, 07:39 PM   #6
Slidder

Well I've got it all in! Pioneer Premier head unit, Pioneer steering wheel remote, Pioneer hands-free cellular mute, 4 Pioneer 3-ways, Pioneer Premier cd-changer, Rockford Fosgate Amplifier. I ran the power cable on the left side under the carpet and all the RCA, speaker, and remote cables down the right side of the center console and into the trunk. The ground is hooked through the trunk cable boot on the left side of the trunk and to the frame.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread