SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Virginia Tech and 16 Other Colleges Compete in EcoCAR Challenge with Saturn's Vue

A new story entry has been added:

Virginia Tech and 16 Other Colleges Compete in EcoCAR Challenge with Saturn's Vue

Quote:
The U.S. Department of Energy, General Motors, and Natural Resources Canada announced this week that my alma mater

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2008, 01:50 AM   #2
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2
Default Re: Virginia Tech and 16 Other Colleges Compete in EcoCAR Challenge with Saturn's Vue

Alright! My school's on there as well! I'm not in the engineering department so I won't be working on this personally, but I'll hopefully get a chance to see it first hand at some point during the process. I'll keep an eye out for more news on this, I'd love to see the final 'race' when they've got all 17 of them together.

Go Bucks!

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:09 PM   #3
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Thumbs Up Re: Virginia Tech and 16 Other Colleges Compete in EcoCAR Challenge with Saturn's Vue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazie View Post
Alright! My school's on there as well! I'm not in the engineering department so I won't be working on this personally, but I'll hopefully get a chance to see it first hand at some point during the process.
You should be able to see it at different events. VT has participated in similar hybrid challenges in the past, and their car was on display from time-to-time.

May the best school win!

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:59 PM   #4
Sirraven
Sirraven is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Virginia Tech and 16 Other Colleges Compete in EcoCAR Challenge with Saturn's Vue

I was part of the ChallengeX competition with the Equinox (Similar thing just used a different car). Glad MTU is still on the list, hopefully we can do better with the Vue than we did with the Nox.

08 Saturn Astra
5dr XR Twilight Blue
-Manual Transmission
-Advanced Audio Pkg
-Sport Handling Pkg
-Dual Panel Sunroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sirraven's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sirraven reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sirraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #5
VTchemist
VTchemist is a jewel in the roughVTchemist is a jewel in the roughVTchemist is a jewel in the roughVTchemist is a jewel in the rough

2003 VUE 3.0L
Checkered Flag Re: Virginia Tech and 16 Other Colleges Compete in EcoCAR Challenge with Saturn's Vue

Go Hokies!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTchemist's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTchemist reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VTchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:36 PM   #6
M7Mayberry
M7Mayberry is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L

I hope those VT engineers are more successful than their football team was in the Orange Bowl.......

Kansas 24, VT 21

"It's time for DODGER BASEBALL!" - Vin Scully

2007 Vue 5-speed manual
1999 Chevrolet S-10 5-speed manual (RIP 2011)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to M7Mayberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help M7Mayberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
M7Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote