View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 11:23 AM   #3
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default Re: 1997 SOHC Manual PCM into 1996 SL1 Auto for Trans Swap Clarification

I believe '91-'92, '93-'94, '96-'97 and '00-'02 are the near direct interchangeable years. Can't go between groups and '95, '98 and '99 I believe are unique to that year. '95 for sure is unique, less sure on '98-'99.

Manual vs auto have different connectors at the PCM. The pinout is the same, just trim off the orientation tabs (not the lock tab).

I've done a bunch of 5spd swaps, only the '93 used the auto PCM for any length of time and I did a ton of mods to the DOHC at the same time as the swap. I could tell when the PCM cut timing to shift the auto despite all the auto trans missing codes. Wasn't a big thing like slamming into the 127mph limiter or the neutral rev limiter but was still noticeable. Not everyone notice's it, so it could have just been me or the mods.
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote