View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 08:38 PM   #246
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2001 Saturn L300 - v6 3.0 Liter - Won't stay running after a breakdown and bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonKastning View Post
.... ....My MAF sensor (the left rubber side of the hose) is bent inwards. If this is cause for replacement it's because I broke it trying to fit the replacement on in 2017.

Also the bottom housing of the air intake system; has a small air hose and I tightened it up with an adjustable metal ring only to bend that hose inwards also. It appears as if when a hose gets bent inwards; it's permanent as I do not know how to remedy.

Are these replaceable parts and if so; is that what needs to be done to ensure no air leaks?
Review edited image. The flexible plastic couplers should not have any damage, cracks, allowing vacuum leaks. The important one is between the maf sensor housing and throttle actuator. If damaged, bending it back to shape and/or using silicone caulking can help seal plastic damage. If silicone is used, clean inside and outside surfaces so sealer can stick to plastic. Let dry for a few hours before placing it back in the engine bay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l300 engine.jpg (103.8 KB, 6 views)
VCX NANO