Old 10-28-2005, 10:47 PM   #6
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: "Owner Appreciation" Vehicle Inspection

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2002
Yes, it was Saturn of Lakeside. Despite the obvious intent of the invitation, I will say that they didn't hard-sell the suggested repairs, nor did they try to sell me a Relay while I waited. In fact, it was a pleasurable visit. I just think all dealers are on the high side when it comes to repairs, and I was miffed at the brake issue (from a Saturn quality perspective).

I think it's worth the trip for a free oil change and inspection (not to mention coffee & cookies). From what I read in another thread, not everybody got one of these invitations (like we all got the from them begging to trade in our cars). Then there is also that AWD V6 Vue they are giving away if the number on your invitation matches....mine didn't
The thing is, the brakes have what are called " audible
brake lining wear sensors" that give off a high pitched noise that stops when you put on your brakes. That is to tell you when you need to replace the pads. [NOT the same sound as metal on metal when you apply the brakes on scored discs or drums].
Have you heard the sound yet ? [Try going slowly down an alley with your windows open].
25,000 miles was about right for my 99 Cavalier. 30,000 seems awfully early for replacement on a Saturn though [at least from what others here have experienced]. Any pulsating of the brake pedal when you slow down that might indicate warped drums or discs?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote